Battery life issues?

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Troy, I sent you a PM:)

yes you set up as new but then sign in to restore your icloud back up. I should have been more clear there:eek: there are a few people that I know of that did it this way and they have improved battery life.If that doesn't help the only other way is to restore as new, have icloud put back just contacts, calendar and photos if you want those from photo stream. And then sync to iTunes to add back your apps and music, but not from a previous back up.

Now, unless I'm mistaken about this process here I would hope that someone would correct me if I'm wrong:)
I'll give it a try and report back!

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I restored from the icloud backup
If that didn't work then I suggest Pink's suggestion of just starting off fresh and syncing to iTunes to get your apps back... Do a backup right before you do this so worst case you can just restore back to that backup. But definitely try just starting from scratch... If it were me I'd take the battery life over my texts and game data any day!

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

M_Prez

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up my 4S last week after having a blackberry tour for the last 2 years. I'm not familiar with the usual battery life of iphones but it seems like the phone is awesome while on standby, but the moment I turn on the screen and shoot a few texts or do a little browsing I'm losing 1% every 3 to 5 minutes. Is this normal?

Additionally after I put it on the charger last night the phone got pretty hot and the battery life is worst than it was initially after I did my first restore.

Last edited:

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If that didn't work then I suggest Pink's suggestion of just starting off fresh and syncing to iTunes to get your apps back... Do a backup right before you do this so worst case you can just restore back to that backup. But definitely try just starting from scratch... If it were me I'd take the battery life over my texts and game data any day!

The only thing that worries me is losing my pictures. I have over 400+ pictures and have never used iCloud so I'm terrified to back them up to the cloud, wipe my device, and then not have my pictures. Like you said, as long as you do a full back up of the device, the worst case scenario is you go back to your last back-up.

How can I make sure that all my pictures are being saved to iCloud?

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that worries me is losing my pictures. I have over 400+ pictures and have never used iCloud so I'm terrified to back them up to the cloud, wipe my device, and then not have my pictures. Like you said, as long as you do a full back up of the device, the worst case scenario is you go back to your last back-up.

How can I make sure that all my pictures are being saved to iCloud?
There are a couple ways you can go about this... you could make a backup on iCloud and then go back into the iCloud settings and click on your backup to see exactly what was backed up and how much space it took up. Or you could just do the old fashioned way and back up to iPhoto... your photos could be added back onto the phone after, they just wouldn't be in your camera roll. They would be in your pictures app, but definitely make a physical backup just in case.

Reactions: _heatherly

Striem

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4S has much worse battery life than my old iPhone 4. My 4 can last at least two days with moderate usage, the iPhone 4S in other hand won't last a day.

I haven't investigate it more than that but it seems like the iPhone 4S (at least now) have half the capacity as we speak.

kurtiswithak

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok, for those of you interested in doing a restore as new to your iPhone to try to improve battery life, here's a link to a thread that AccidentalPost has created over at CB. He put together a full guide on how to:)

forums.crackberry.com/apple-iphone-ipad-f99/how-restore-your-iphone-like-new-671605/

Even if you don't want or need to do a full restore, read through this post on CB and follow the tips it has you go through during setup. It will absolutely improve your battery life. You will have to copy and paste the link because I don't have 10 posts yet...

Edit: Also, Everyone has to remember, this is almost the same battery from the iPhone 4 now pushing a dual core processor.. Clearly It's not going to last as long as the 4

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Edit: Also, Everyone has to remember, this is almost the same battery from the iPhone 4 now pushing a dual core processor.. Clearly It's not going to last as long as the 4

I totally agree about the dual core processor eating battery life. The other thing to consider is that we can't turn 3G off like on previous iphones. That was my number one way to preserve battery life on my old iphone 3G and iphone 4.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
i havnt had any problems with the iphone 4s battery, i use it a lot and i usually have better than 70% battery at the end of the day
How long is your phone off the charger and what are you doing with it? No way you can be doing much of anything other than listening to music and still be at 70% at the end of the day...

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
How long is your phone off the charger and what are you doing with it? No way you can be doing much of anything other than listening to music and still be at 70% at the end of the day...

Yes, I am curious too.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Me and my wife have iPhone 4S and I see a difference between ours she gets better battery life I'm running more apps and I havent been able to stop playing with the phone lol. I've had to charge mine more then she's had too lol. But I don't blame the phone I blame myself 😉

MichiganKid

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but its takes more juice from your battery to make your phone vibrate than it does to make a tone, so don't keep it on vibrate unless you have to.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but its takes more juice from your battery to make your phone vibrate than it does to make a tone, so don't keep it on vibrate unless you have to.
The difference is negligible at best... certainly not enough for the big gap of battery life between the best and worst.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR