Battery life issues?

Philbaines

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Well over here in the UK,3G network is sketchy. So when you have it on your phone is constantly flipping between 2g and 3g. This causes the battery to drain more than it would of it could settle and latch onto one network.apple even told me to turn it off as for this reason.

It's proven by apple that 3G uses more battery power than 2G

Don't know why people on this forum jump down your throat.that's my opinion and one from a apple "genius" also.

06FG2

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Stupid question..Did the update, and battery life yesterday was great, today sucks.

Does keeping Wifi on help with the battery? Does it use more? Less? and if i ALWAYS keep it checked on when I go out will it always be searching for Wifi? Thus, draining the battery more?

chenzo76

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got my 4S and never notice the battery issue... I have a powermat and my phone is always fully charge... but the apple update calms to fix this

Razputin64

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4S battery seems fine now

Mine was dropping pretty fast at first, but after I changed my location services settings it got much better. Now it drops about 5 to 7% per hour while under normal use.

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
My battery life was definitely better on my iPhone 4 as compared to my 4S. I am not using it any differently, all my settings are the same. I really hope this can be fixed with a software update. Overall, I love the 4S (bigger hard drive, faster, siri, etc). But the battery issue is HUGE!

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
On iOS 5.0.1. What seemed to improve my battery life was running the phone completely dead. 100%-0% without plugging it in. Then, once it died, I plugged it in and left until it was at 100%. Seeing considerably improved battery life out of my 4S.

ldeighme

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I came over to the iPhone 4s last week from the BlackBerry Bold. I have noticed the battery life on the iPhone to be inadequate and certainly not what they advertise. I really hope it is just a bug that will be fixed with an ios update. I love the phone; but I am very disappointed in the battery life. I will add the fact that I fiddle with it all of the time because it is a beautiful new shiny object and I love it! :)

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I would like to share a humors piece on iPhone's battery life:

its not that humorous though considering that android was at the end and android has worse battery on most there phones then almost any phone out there the evo comes to mind cant even make it to lunch with one of those...

blackberrys have good life but android is the worst ever

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
ok..

new problem.. anyone else have it where your battery usage and stand by is blank with a couple of dashes on both. It's been like this all night..

anyone have any suggestions on what this is or what to do?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
ok..

new problem.. anyone else have it where your battery usage and stand by is blank with a couple of dashes on both. It's been like this all night..

anyone have any suggestions on what this is or what to do?

I had that happen yesterday. Went back to normal after a fresh charge.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
its not that humorous though considering that android was at the end and android has worse battery on most there phones then almost any phone out there the evo comes to mind cant even make it to lunch with one of those...

blackberrys have good life but android is the worst ever

Ignore her. She's a troll. She posted the same image over on Crackberry to bait iPhone users. It didn't work.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow..my battery has gone to **** today.

I've had to plug it in like 4 times tonight.

Even though I just have an iPhone 4, the battery sucks too. Plugged it in 4 times yesterday also. Just very sad Apple. Please make another fix.

Edit: While typing this post it took down 2% of my battery when this phone was at 100%. Very disappointing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2