Battery life issues?

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I finally gave up yesterday after getting my new 4S on the day it was released. I did not think it was that bad the first couple of days but it had gotten worse. I took my phone off the charger yesterday morning. It was fully charged. Checked my email took a shower and 20 min later it was at 88%. Called apple after work and he said there was an issue and to take my device to an Apple store or Verizon where I got it and get another. I did last night and Verizon is ordering me a new one. Hope the next one is better! :)

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Took mine off the charger at 7am. Put it on the car charger at 8:30. by the time I got to work at 9am, it had charged back up to 99%.

It is 12:48pm now ant it is at 85% with normal usage. Also now it doesn't get warm at the back any more when I charge it. I suspect making adjustments to Siri (turning "Raise to Speak" off), have helped. I've also turned off location services for Facebook, Google + and Twitter, as those apps don't need to know where I am when I post and left it on for the apps that need it (Google Maps, Mapquest, Siri, Lookout, etc.). That seems to have helped. With the car charger top off going into and home from work, I still manage to be at 29% by 1am when I go to sleep. Beats the heck out of the EVO on stock battery.

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I am having the issue of the phone feeling real warm on the back while it's charging.. Should I contact apple or sprint? Is this part of the battery issues that have going on?

golfgal

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have no numbers displaying under Settings, General, Usage, Time Since Last Full Charge (where it says "Usage" and "Standby"). After charging all night, my battery indicator at the top of the home screen says 100%. I wonder if perhaps it's not really fully charging? After 2 hours, I'm down to 75%.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have no numbers displaying under Settings, General, Usage, Time Since Last Full Charge (where it says "Usage" and "Standby"). After charging all night, my battery indicator at the top of the home screen says 100%. I wonder if perhaps it's not really fully charging? After 2 hours, I'm down to 75%.

When did u check it won't have any when battery is 100 .. But I would disable some stuff that seam kinda quick pulled mine off at 530 and I'm at 86 now

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I've made all the adjustments mentioned here and yesterday with the included daily going to work and coming home 20 minute car charger top offs, by 1am, my battery was at 52% with normal daily usage that includes a couple phone calls, e-mail, web surfing, facebook and twitter, and so forth. So the suggestions everyone has made definitely worked. If Apple can come up with some way to increase the battery performance, that's a good thing.

Pjr772

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth i completely reset my phone to factory setting and set it up as new. Never plugged it into itunes to restore from a back up. I then installed the apps I wanted one by one to see if any of them were the culprit. What I came up with is that the Facebook app installed, even with all the notifications installed, I was getting significant battery drain. I deleted it from the phone and I have seen a dramatic increase in battery life. The only things that are shut off are lift to talk for Siri, stock widget app for the notification center and back up contacts for iCloud. Yesterday I had about 6hours of usage with 13 hours of standby and I was at 46% when I went to bed. I think I can live with that.

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
My battery life has definitely been slightly worse than my 4. I'm using it a ton though and it hasn't really been that long since I got it.

Honestly I think it will be fixed with an update. Perhaps just one way to make us wanna keep it stock for a while longer haha. If the update made the battery life better I would pick that over a jailbreak at th moment.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I was experiencing poor battery performance and went to the local genius bar. The diagnostics revealed an issue with the battery, max charge of only 4 hours. Swapped the phone out and was on my way in 20 minutes. While it's still early, the battery seems to be performing on par with my previous iPhone 4, if not a little better.

pokey318

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I hope this hasn't been answered before as I haven't read every single post. Two days ago I noticed my battery dropped much quicker than the past few weeks. When I took a look at my usage, I noticed that my usage time and standby time were identical. Now, I did not use my phone for every minute I had it off the charger; maybe I used it for a total of an hour of the 8 hours since the last charge.

I charged it before bedtime the next night up to 100%. I did not use the phone at all, although I left it turned on. When I got up 7 hours later, the phone showed 80%, and again my usage and standby were both 7 hours. I have almost every thing turned off, so I don't know what not is draining the battery so quickly, that didn't before; and why is my usage the same as my standby time? If something is running in the background, how would I know? I have seen this mentioned a few times about something running in the background, but I have no idea what could be running, and how to turn it off.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I hope this hasn't been answered before as I haven't read every single post. Two days ago I noticed my battery dropped much quicker than the past few weeks. When I took a look at my usage, I noticed that my usage time and standby time were identical. Now, I did not use my phone for every minute I had it off the charger; maybe I used it for a total of an hour of the 8 hours since the last charge.

I charged it before bedtime the next night up to 100%. I did not use the phone at all, although I left it turned on. When I got up 7 hours later, the phone showed 80%, and again my usage and standby were both 7 hours. I have almost every thing turned off, so I don't know what not is draining the battery so quickly, that didn't before; and why is my usage the same as my standby time? If something is running in the background, how would I know? I have seen this mentioned a few times about something running in the background, but I have no idea what could be running, and how to turn it off.

I saw this quite a bit during the beta process. Several others also reported seeing the usage time equal to standby time.

For me, the fix was to do a hard reset - holding both power and home buttons until you see the Apple logo. Then, plug the phone into the charger to top off the battery. That solved the issue 9 times out of 10. Sometimes it took more than one hard reset. I never did figure out what was causing the issue ... and I've only seen it one time since the GM version was released. The "fix" was the same.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, now that I am on my third one, and my first two had great battery but horrendous everything else, this one hopefully will work, but has crappy battery life. It lost 5% overnight being on airplane mode.

Priyal27

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Now since ive had my Iphone for over a week i can say that i have seen improvements. The first couple of days i had my phone were horrific the battery would drain like crazy. Ive done a full cycle charge since then and then the regular charging cycle since then. i have definitely noticed a huge improvement in my battery life over the week.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro