Battery life issues?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
my phone battery drops like crazy and i keep wondering what it is thats causing this. i call myself checking every possible location notif that i can. i can be at 100% text for 10mins and it'll drop to 85% quick.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
You should not have to turn off anything. I keep Bluetooth, Wifi, push, all notifications on all day whether in use or not. It is about 20% by nighttime with heavy use all day.

The older iPhones were bad with battery life but that's a thing of the past. You can live a stress free life again.

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
You should not have to turn off anything. I keep Bluetooth, Wifi, push, all notifications on all day whether in use or not. It is about 20% by nighttime with heavy use all day.

The older iPhones were bad with battery life but that's a thing of the past. You can live a stress free life again.

Lucky! My phone does not last half a day with moderate usage. I took it to Apple and they said that everything looked normal on the phone. I think I got a lemon. :(

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
ok another weird question, please forgive me!

i notice when i wake up the battery is dropped down to 92-93%. however when i take the plug out and plug it back in it charges back up to 100%. does it automatically stop charging and drain overnight? is there a way to prevent this from happening?

sorry, this is my first iphone, learning everything about it!

jbracewell

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
hello all!

i am having a somewhat strange issue.

i have left my iphone on the charge all night, but it only gets up to 92%, it does not go the full 100% charge. does anybody know why?

thank you!

My New 4s did that last night.. not sure why.. my IP 4 never did that ever.

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine did that the first two nights. I experimented with charging it via computer and didn't have that problem. Last night I switched the outlet my charger was plugged into, and the phone stayed at 100%. It dropped to 99% at one point, but went back to 100%. Check your outlet and the little box charger they give you.

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting excellent battery life apps running surfing gaming about 10 hours nonstop use pretty much I'm addicted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Battery life the first day was poor for me. Then I realized that Bluetooth was on for no reason. Turning that off helped. But the phone is so awesome that I couldn't put it down so my battery life was still draining pretty fast. I decided to get one of those Mophie juice plus cases. I took the phone off the charger at 7am. It is 10:30 am and half of the battery from the Mophie case is still there. I have sent about 100 texts, played Tiger Woods and Homerun battle for about an hour, made some phone calls, browsed the web, made a facetime call to the wife at home sick, and listened to music. I'm stoked. Looks like I will be able to go all day and then some while using my phone heavily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supermak04

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
took my phone off charger at 230am got up at 7am and it was still 100% around 8 i used gps to get somewhere and it dropped pretty fast to about 88% in 25min then used it pretty much non stop and i am at 53% and its 11:44 my droid would be dead lol

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My Droid Incredible lasted ALL day without issue. Mind you, it was rooted with and flashed with Cyanogenmod, but it easily doubled the lifespan I'm getting from my iPhone.

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Also if you have push notification setup, your battery will drain quicker as the phone is constantly refreshing itself.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Is it true that your battery health will stay intact better if you all ways let it die before charging again? Or urban myth?

I think that used to be true of older battery technologies. Apple's main advice is to charge the battery erratically: at 50%, 10%, 80%, etc. And once every several weeks let the battery drain completely until the phone shuts down on it's own before charging it completely back to 100%.

Reactions: patricksmangan

ktrent#CB

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty happy here so far. After a few days of hard use around the house with charging during the day over the weekend today is the 1st real test. I am 7 hour in and at 65%. I have everything on and mail fetch for two accounts at 15 mins. My droid would have been on battery number two by now.

Question. How often should one close apps. I just now learned how and had like 20 running.

Thanks and happy to be a iPhone member.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
How often should one close apps. I just now learned how and had like 20 running.

In theory we're not supposed to worry about it. On my iPad 1 things sometimes slow down if certain apps are in that "running" tray (they're not really fully active). Speed improves when I close some of those. But I'm not going to do that with my 4S until I notice slower performance.

zragone

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Also if you have push notification setup, your battery will drain quicker as the phone is constantly refreshing itself.

Shouldn't that not be the case? I thought the whole purpose of Push was so that it didn't drain the battery because instead of constantly checking it instead is "pushed" an update when it comes out.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
Shouldn't that not be the case? I thought the whole purpose of Push was so that it didn't drain the battery because instead of constantly checking it instead is "pushed" an update when it comes out.
That's correct. Push notifications are pretty efficient. You really save nothing by turning off push notifications. If you're getting constant push messages ever minute, then sure it'll use power as the screen turns on every thime, but that's in extreme cases.

Now push mail is a different story. When no mail is coming in, you'll use very little power. I can go all day with barely any battery drain. If you're getting new mail frequently, then it'll significantly affect your battery as each new mail is delivered (especially if you read them.)

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
Is it true that your battery health will stay intact better if you all ways let it die before charging again? Or urban myth?
With older ni-cad batteries, it's imperative that you let them discharge fully before recharging them.
But these use lithium-ion batteries. You do not need to fully discharge the battery. In fact, it's bad for the battery to fully discharge it every time. And it's best to not let this kind of battery go all the way down.
About once a month it's not bad to let it go all the way down. That happens to me without me even trying. But on a regular basis it's best to just charge it as frequently as you like or at 30-40%.
And you can top it off regularly without hurting the battery.

With past iPhones I always just plug them in whenever possible and I've never had an issue with battery life.

A little more here:
How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Reactions: patricksmangan

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW