Battery life issues?

eurofocus

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Also, double click your home button. It will show what is running. You can cancel out of them too.

Been there, done that. I have tried restoring the phone, closing open apps, ensuring nothing was running in the background. The only thing I have yet to try is to restore the phone again, and when I connect to itunes I was told to set it up as a new phone... for some this resolved battery issues, and does nothing for others. But seeing that people with brand new iphone 4s' are having similar (assuming conditioning doesn't make much of a difference, didn't with any of our iphones to be honest) issues... I think it's safe to assume the os is to blame, versus apps or settings.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think this is an IOS5 related issue... my iphone 4 has terrible battery life since i've upgraded to the new ios, and I have yet to find a resolution.

So we turned off iCloud on my wifes 4 on iOS5 and its working great now. Battery life back to normal

wolf1989#AC

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So far my battery life has been pretty poor. I got about 12 hrs of minimal use (I was at work) before it was telling me it needed a charge. But I haven't actually used the wall to charge it yet. I've had to sync it so it charged on the USB from my laptop. I'm hoping after a couple good charges on the wall it will be better.

It's a little disconcerting though if this is as good as it gets considering the improved battery life was one of the selling points from Apple about the new 4s.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine is holding up well with moderate use. I'm confident it will get through a normal day even with heavy use.

@wolfey: you get this fantastic new phone and all you do with your first post is complain about the battery life? I guess you're going to be one of the 1-2% who decide to return their new iPhone. Apple will refurb it and someone will get a good-as-new iPhone for $100-150 less.

Try charging it fully. Re-boot. Read Jeremy's battery tips to see if there are any features that you'll never use. For example, if you don't own any Bluetooth accessories, turn BT off. If you rarely have good Wifi access, turn that off. I have everything on except for certain notifications that I have no need for.

wolf1989#AC

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Didn't complain, stated what was going on with my phone like every other person on this thread. I also have no intention of returning the phone. I've also read the battery tips. I would like to congratulate you on ignoring all the other posts that basically said the same exact things and calling me out.

I've read that iCloud could be causing a problem. I'm going to try turning it off and seeing if that helps.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
A large part of why i'm interested in the 4s is the reputation apple now has with battery life... So i hope its not that bad...

But also, at night or when not in use, turn off things like location services(gps), data(3g/other), bluetooth, and wifi. That should help with battery life.

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I took the phone off the charger yesterday evening. Had it off for about 2 hours or so (maybe more) and I let it sit overnight while I was sleeping. It was 98% when I went to bed (or at least the last time I checked it before bed) and it was at 94% when I woke up this morning. So for all intents and purposes, it lost about 4% in 7 hours. All-in-all that's not too bad, especially since I have location services, notifications, etc. all enabled. This is definitely better than the Droid Bionic I had. I let the Bionic sit overnight connected to LTE with only Gmail push enabled and the battery went from full down to 80% in the same time frame. I realize it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but it is what it is.

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine was 98%, I went to bed, and when I woke up it was 56%. I turned off a lot of stuff too. I'm starting to worry...

Wow. That's not good at all. What exactly did you have enabled? I realize that the battery might need a charge cycle or 2 to find its groove, but in your case I'm inclined to think your battery is straight up defective.

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
hello all!

i am having a somewhat strange issue.

i have left my iphone on the charge all night, but it only gets up to 92%, it does not go the full 100% charge. does anybody know why?

thank you!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
hello all!

i have left my iphone on the charge all night, but it only gets up to 92%, it does not go the full 100% charge. does anybody know why?

thank you!

My 4 did that occasionally. Never found out why, but it didn't really bother me ether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

BiG BaLLA 923

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
That is really weird, With all apple products they usually charge to 100 and then shut off power that they had to them until they get below a certain level. That is interesting that it didn't even reach 100%

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think this is an IOS5 related issue... my iphone 4 has terrible battery life since i've upgraded to the new ios, and I have yet to find a resolution.

I haven't seen any change in battery life after the iOS 5 update. Both my iPhone 4 and new 4S are still seeing 6+ hours of usage with over 24 hours of standby time. The battery life could be an issue for some but not all.

BiG BaLLA 923

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen any change in battery life after the iOS 5 update. Both my iPhone 4 and new 4S are still seeing 6+ hours of usage with over 24 hours of standby time. The battery life could be an issue for some but not all.

Wow you're very lucky! I wish I could say the same, but I'm going to keep using it for a while and just hope it gets better.

QCityKing40

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Not impressed so far at all with the battery life. I woke up this morning with a full charge, have used the phone moderately (no music, videos, etc, almost all location services off, wifi disabled, good reception area) over a span of 2.5 hrs and I'm down to 65%. For another example, I left the house last night at 6 pm with over 95% after pulling it off the charger and it died at 9:30 pm. Again, no significant usage and all location services were off, both email accounts switched to fetch, etc.

I switched to this phone from a Thunderbolt 4G with the main goal of increasing my battery life, so far I'm pretty disappointed. It's already had multiple full charge cycles through it. Possible defective battery?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow you're very lucky! I wish I could say the same, but I'm going to keep using it for a while and just hope it gets better.

Are you in an area with good network coverage? Reason I ask is that if your iPhone is trying to hold on to a signal or constantly switching between a 2G/3G/HSPA+, it can drain your battery more quickly.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm impressed with the battery life so far. I'm getting over 6+ hours of usage with over 24 hours of standby time which is good enough for me.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
hello all!

thank you!

I would try cycling the battery a bit. Charge fully, use until dead, charge fully. See if that fixes it.

The battery meter is simply measuring the current level coming from the battery. It is calibrated by software so cycling it will re-calibrate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro