The only thing that worries me is losing my pictures. I have over 400+ pictures and have never used iCloud so I'm terrified to back them up to the cloud, wipe my device, and then not have my pictures. Like you said, as long as you do a full back up of the device, the worst case scenario is you go back to your last back-up.

How can I make sure that all my pictures are being saved to iCloud?
    There are a couple ways you can go about this... you could make a backup on iCloud and then go back into the iCloud settings and click on your backup to see exactly what was backed up and how much space it took up. Or you could just do the old fashioned way and back up to iPhoto... your photos could be added back onto the phone after, they just wouldn't be in your camera roll. They would be in your pictures app, but definitely make a physical backup just in case.
    _heatherly likes this.
    12-23-2011 02:55 PM
    Doing much better.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    zm976311 and ThePinkChameleon like this.
    12-25-2011 12:54 PM
    Doing much better.

Awesome! What did you end up doing?
    12-25-2011 01:19 PM
    My iPhone 4S has much worse battery life than my old iPhone 4. My 4 can last at least two days with moderate usage, the iPhone 4S in other hand won't last a day.

I haven't investigate it more than that but it seems like the iPhone 4S (at least now) have half the capacity as we speak.
    12-25-2011 02:46 PM
    Ok, for those of you interested in doing a restore as new to your iPhone to try to improve battery life, here's a link to a thread that AccidentalPost has created over at CB. He put together a full guide on how to

forums.crackberry.com/apple-iphone-ipad-f99/how-restore-your-iphone-like-new-671605/
    Even if you don't want or need to do a full restore, read through this post on CB and follow the tips it has you go through during setup. It will absolutely improve your battery life. You will have to copy and paste the link because I don't have 10 posts yet...

Edit: Also, Everyone has to remember, this is almost the same battery from the iPhone 4 now pushing a dual core processor.. Clearly It's not going to last as long as the 4
    12-25-2011 08:17 PM
    Awesome! What did you end up doing?
    Just a restore as new and then restored my latest back up. It took about a day or twi to set in. But now my battery life seems better.

12-26-2011 10:57 PM

Edit: Also, Everyone has to remember, this is almost the same battery from the iPhone 4 now pushing a dual core processor.. Clearly It's not going to last as long as the 4
    I totally agree about the dual core processor eating battery life. The other thing to consider is that we can't turn 3G off like on previous iphones. That was my number one way to preserve battery life on my old iphone 3G and iphone 4.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-27-2011 12:21 AM
    but the dual core shouldn't drastically be draining battery life like others are reporting. ):
    12-27-2011 12:58 AM
    i had also problem with my iphone 4s battery
    12-27-2011 01:21 PM
    i havnt had any problems with the iphone 4s battery, i use it a lot and i usually have better than 70% battery at the end of the day
    12-27-2011 01:43 PM
    i havnt had any problems with the iphone 4s battery, i use it a lot and i usually have better than 70% battery at the end of the day
    How long is your phone off the charger and what are you doing with it? No way you can be doing much of anything other than listening to music and still be at 70% at the end of the day...
    12-27-2011 02:59 PM
    How long is your phone off the charger and what are you doing with it? No way you can be doing much of anything other than listening to music and still be at 70% at the end of the day...
    Yes, I am curious too.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-28-2011 08:41 AM
    Me and my wife have iPhone 4S and I see a difference between ours she gets better battery life I'm running more apps and I havent been able to stop playing with the phone lol. I've had to charge mine more then she's had too lol. But I don't blame the phone I blame myself 😉
    12-28-2011 10:02 AM
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but its takes more juice from your battery to make your phone vibrate than it does to make a tone, so don't keep it on vibrate unless you have to.
    12-28-2011 10:37 AM
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but its takes more juice from your battery to make your phone vibrate than it does to make a tone, so don't keep it on vibrate unless you have to.
    The difference is negligible at best... certainly not enough for the big gap of battery life between the best and worst.
    12-28-2011 01:12 PM
    Any word on another update that includes a battery life fix?
    12-28-2011 09:48 PM
    yes. I found the battery life of new iphones is shorter than the old one. but we dont know what to do whith this problem
    12-28-2011 09:55 PM
    Any word on another update that includes a battery life fix?
    We're only up to Beta 2 on 5.1... I haven't seen a huge increase in battery life in any of the major releases that have come through the pipeline, but I think we'll be seeing the next beta pretty soon, since the iOS devs are probably back to work now or soon after New Years. That and it's been a bit longer than we usually see between releases.
    12-28-2011 10:05 PM
    i turned off siri once and for all yesterday...not sure if its att or apple but half the time she cant connect...lame...still love the phone though
    12-31-2011 02:24 PM
    The battery life complaints were one thing that scared me a little bit, but ultimately I just though "screw it" and ordered my iPhone 4s. Battery life will ALWAYS be an issue for some people because the devices get more and more powerful but are ultimately quite small handheld COMPUTERS. Most of the people that complain about it don't even realize they have 40 apps open, constant notifications, and their bluetooth running all the time. OF COURSE your battery life will suffer if that's the case.

I'm not at all surprised that iPhone 4s has decreased battery life. It's basically the same hardware, but with a faster processor and an operating system that runs a lot of notification and location services that eat power. Apple allows you to charge the device in a car, in a computer, or in a outlet, so unless you're actively moving around, it should be possible to top that thing off partially or all the way.
    01-04-2012 10:53 AM
    The battery life complaints were one thing that scared me a little bit, but ultimately I just though "screw it" and ordered my iPhone 4s. Battery life will ALWAYS be an issue for some people because the devices get more and more powerful but are ultimately quite small handheld COMPUTERS. Most of the people that complain about it don't even realize they have 40 apps open, constant notifications, and their bluetooth running all the time. OF COURSE your battery life will suffer if that's the case.

I'm not at all surprised that iPhone 4s has decreased battery life. It's basically the same hardware, but with a faster processor and an operating system that runs a lot of notification and location services that eat power. Apple allows you to charge the device in a car, in a computer, or in a outlet, so unless you're actively moving around, it should be possible to top that thing off partially or all the way.
    Well said. Every single smart phone will use up your battery. Especially if your on it contantly. Some "may" be better than others but ultimately they are like you said small compact computers. I have car charger, charger at work, one at home (well several. We're an iPhone/iPod. Family)
    01-04-2012 11:34 AM
    Here's mine. What do you guys think?
    01-06-2012 09:03 PM
    Here's mine. What do you guys think?
    5ish hours in the usage line is about what I get. I think thats best we can expect until better battery tech comes along. Days of multi-day battery life are long behind us I think...
    01-07-2012 08:44 AM
    My battery usage time is less than desirable but the stand by time is phenomenal on this device.
    01-08-2012 03:44 PM
    Well said. Every single smart phone will use up your battery. Especially if your on it contantly. Some "may" be better than others but ultimately they are like you said small compact computers. I have car charger, charger at work, one at home (well several. We're an iPhone/iPod. Family)
    I was thinking about this some more after my Guitar Plug jack came in the mail and I started jamming with Garage Band and AmpliTube (on iPad, but it also works with the iPhone 4s). The device was receiving my guitar signal, processing it, laying it out graphically on the display screen, and then amplifying it back to me through the headphone jack. All the while, it was running radios and other iOS processes in the background. If I were just listening to music on some type of MP3 player, most people wouldn't be at all surprised if their device ran out of battery after 6-12 hours. So I'll say it again: why is it surprising that a device doing all of these things would only last half a day?! Laptop computers have GIANT batteries, by comparison, the laptops that people use for home and work generally last about 2 to 10 hours on a battery, and people just accept that.

I don't have my 4s yet (tomorrow). But I'm reading that the standby time is actually quite good. Which means if you just need your phone as a PHONE and you're away from any type of charger, you probably can get through a full day (or more) by turning off the proper radios and services. The battery issues come from the fact that Apple has made an interesting device that people are actually USING, as opposed to leaving in their problem.

Not making excuses for Apple, and I'd certainly want to see any manufacturer improve their device, but I think a lot of people just have unrealistic expectations.
    01-08-2012 04:02 PM
734 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD