Mine seems the same as my iPhone 4. These batteries take a couple charges to work in. And I have my brightness at full, push, wifi, location services etc. You name it. It's on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-15-2011 07:10 PM
    I haven't had particularly good battery life but I noticed that when I plug it, it charges super fast. I plug ,y phone in last night when battery was at 30%, went outside for a cigar, came back in an hour later and it was charged back up to almost 70%. I guess that's a positive.
    10-15-2011 07:11 PM
    I'm hoping that after a few battery cycles it may get better. I also thought about restoring the phone, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make.
    10-15-2011 07:16 PM
    SETTINGS / LOCATIONS

This will show you a list of all the apps you have installed... and a slider to turn location services on/off for each.
    10-15-2011 07:39 PM
    My battery is definitely worse than my iP4. I gave that one to my wife. Clean installs on both and her battery is WAY better than mine halfway through the day. Hopefully it's break-in thing.
    10-15-2011 07:46 PM
    Thank you so much! Hopefully this helps. I really never knew this could contribute to battery life. Thank you so much!
    10-15-2011 07:55 PM
    I haven't had particularly good battery life but I noticed that when I plug it, it charges super fast. I plug ,y phone in last night when battery was at 30%, went outside for a cigar, came back in an hour later and it was charged back up to almost 70%. I guess that's a positive.
    I thought it charged it up awfully quick, as well. Definitely faster than my 3GS every did.
    10-15-2011 08:18 PM
    Keep in mind as well, as with many other devices, it takes a couple of charging cycles to get the battery conditioned. It "should" get better over the next few days..
    10-15-2011 09:37 PM
    My battery life so far is a joke!! Charged at 3pm and at 55% 7pm barely used the phone. WTF?
    10-15-2011 10:11 PM
    yeah and reminders too, if i remember correctly the batteries in these phones take a couple days to get into a groove i could be wrong though.
    That's what I was thinking. I'm coming from an EVO with an extended battery, so it seems to use more, but I have a car charger and I've noticed that the 4S charges up really fast. So it's not a big deal yet but am interested to know if it changes in a few days or what.

And then there is that case with the external battery, that the Apple Store employees use...
    10-15-2011 10:17 PM
    I thought it charged it up awfully quick, as well. Definitely faster than my 3GS every did.
    I noticed that too.
    10-15-2011 10:18 PM
    I don't know, but I had a full charge at 3pm yesterday and still had 53%at 9pm, and that was continuous use, hard use. Mine seems to be 15% better than my i4.
    10-15-2011 10:18 PM
    I honestly think this is an IOS5 related issue... my iphone 4 has terrible battery life since i've upgraded to the new ios, and I have yet to find a resolution.
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-15-2011 10:25 PM
    Also, double click your home button. It will show what is running. You can cancel out of them too.
    10-15-2011 10:38 PM
    I honestly think this is an IOS5 related issue... my iphone 4 has terrible battery life since i've upgraded to the new ios, and I have yet to find a resolution.
    It may be an ios5 issue. Maybe they will address it in an upcoming update.
    10-15-2011 10:52 PM
    Also, double click your home button. It will show what is running. You can cancel out of them too.
    Been there, done that. I have tried restoring the phone, closing open apps, ensuring nothing was running in the background. The only thing I have yet to try is to restore the phone again, and when I connect to itunes I was told to set it up as a new phone... for some this resolved battery issues, and does nothing for others. But seeing that people with brand new iphone 4s' are having similar (assuming conditioning doesn't make much of a difference, didn't with any of our iphones to be honest) issues... I think it's safe to assume the os is to blame, versus apps or settings.
    bnob99 and jbracewell like this.
    10-15-2011 10:54 PM
    So we turned off iCloud on my wifes 4 on iOS5 and its working great now. Battery life back to normal
    10-15-2011 11:33 PM
    Okay, good thank you! iCloud could be the problem! Thank you!
    10-16-2011 01:02 AM
    So far my battery life has been pretty poor. I got about 12 hrs of minimal use (I was at work) before it was telling me it needed a charge. But I haven't actually used the wall to charge it yet. I've had to sync it so it charged on the USB from my laptop. I'm hoping after a couple good charges on the wall it will be better.

It's a little disconcerting though if this is as good as it gets considering the improved battery life was one of the selling points from Apple about the new 4s.
    10-16-2011 01:19 AM
    Mine is holding up well with moderate use. I'm confident it will get through a normal day even with heavy use.

@wolfey: you get this fantastic new phone and all you do with your first post is complain about the battery life? I guess you're going to be one of the 1-2% who decide to return their new iPhone. Apple will refurb it and someone will get a good-as-new iPhone for $100-150 less.

Try charging it fully. Re-boot. Read Jeremy's battery tips to see if there are any features that you'll never use. For example, if you don't own any Bluetooth accessories, turn BT off. If you rarely have good Wifi access, turn that off. I have everything on except for certain notifications that I have no need for.
    10-16-2011 02:16 AM
    Didn't complain, stated what was going on with my phone like every other person on this thread. I also have no intention of returning the phone. I've also read the battery tips. I would like to congratulate you on ignoring all the other posts that basically said the same exact things and calling me out.

I've read that iCloud could be causing a problem. I'm going to try turning it off and seeing if that helps.
    10-16-2011 04:00 AM
    A large part of why i'm interested in the 4s is the reputation apple now has with battery life... So i hope its not that bad...

But also, at night or when not in use, turn off things like location services(gps), data(3g/other), bluetooth, and wifi. That should help with battery life.
    10-16-2011 04:13 AM
    I took the phone off the charger yesterday evening. Had it off for about 2 hours or so (maybe more) and I let it sit overnight while I was sleeping. It was 98% when I went to bed (or at least the last time I checked it before bed) and it was at 94% when I woke up this morning. So for all intents and purposes, it lost about 4% in 7 hours. All-in-all that's not too bad, especially since I have location services, notifications, etc. all enabled. This is definitely better than the Droid Bionic I had. I let the Bionic sit overnight connected to LTE with only Gmail push enabled and the battery went from full down to 80% in the same time frame. I realize it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but it is what it is.
    10-16-2011 04:58 AM
    Mine was 98%, I went to bed, and when I woke up it was 56%. I turned off a lot of stuff too. I'm starting to worry...
    10-16-2011 10:15 AM
    Mine was 98%, I went to bed, and when I woke up it was 56%. I turned off a lot of stuff too. I'm starting to worry...
    Wow. That's not good at all. What exactly did you have enabled? I realize that the battery might need a charge cycle or 2 to find its groove, but in your case I'm inclined to think your battery is straight up defective.
    10-16-2011 10:21 AM
734 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD