Lol I'm sick of all these little "methods" of improving the battery. I tried all of them and didn't help at all. So I turned everything back on and same battery life. Plus I bought an iPhone not an htc thunderbolt. All I ask is that the end of the day with moderate use I have at least 20-30% left of battery.

Anyways, I've been tempted to buy an app that smart charges the battery like battery doctor or battery boost magic. Im just skeptical about it. Anyone have some feedback regarding the apps?
    11-03-2011 04:35 PM
    Be patient. I just installed 5.0.1 and it seems to solve the issues. Battery is much better now
    11-03-2011 05:39 PM
    Lol I'm sick of all these little "methods" of improving the battery. I tried all of them and didn't help at all. So I turned everything back on and same battery life. Plus I bought an iPhone not an htc thunderbolt. All I ask is that the end of the day with moderate use I have at least 20-30% left of battery.

Anyways, I've been tempted to buy an app that smart charges the battery like battery doctor or battery boost magic. Im just skeptical about it. Anyone have some feedback regarding the apps?
    If you're that desperate why don't you load the beta?
    11-03-2011 06:11 PM
    for me.. battery life on a single charge has been averaging at least 12 to 14 hrs. I noticed it improved after I let it cycle down to where it powered off.. And then fully charged it. So if apple is working on a fix and it improves it more than what I have I will be even happier.
    11-03-2011 06:28 PM
    Be patient. I just installed 5.0.1 and it seems to solve the issues. Battery is much better now
    how many hours on a single charge?
    11-03-2011 06:29 PM
    The fix is available now? I just heard on Fox News that Apple said it will not be available for another two weeks. Where did you find it? Thanks!
    11-03-2011 07:48 PM
    The fix is available now? I just heard on Fox News that Apple said it will not be available for another two weeks. Where did you find it? Thanks!
    It's been released to developers for beta testing. Become a developer and you can have it direct from Apple.
    11-03-2011 09:36 PM
    PM me for the link.

Scratch that you DO need a Dev Lic to load 5.0.1
    Last edited by rstark18; 11-04-2011 at 12:34 AM.
    11-03-2011 10:49 PM
    What's a good or bad battery life for the iPhone? I've had it off the charged for almost 24 hours now and have surfed the web most of the time, sent emails, etc. so I feel I'm getting pretty good time out of it.
    11-05-2011 12:18 AM
    What's a good or bad battery life for the iPhone? I've had it off the charged for almost 24 hours now and have surfed the web most of the time, sent emails, etc. so I feel I'm getting pretty good time out of it.
    I usually get 24 hours with 7 to 8 hours of usage. I feel that is pretty good. When I let my phone die completely it'll go about 28 to 30 hours.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-05-2011 08:45 AM
    PM me for the link.

Scratch that you DO need a Dev Lic to load 5.0.1
    Yes, you do. Although there are some that got around this with iOS 5.0.
    11-05-2011 08:54 AM
    So last night, at around 3am, I unplugged my 4S and plugged in my iPad. When I woke up, my iPhone was down to 85%. Is anyone else experiencing this type of battery usage? My old iPhone would only be down to 98% when I did this before.

I can understand that during the day I a,using it a lot, but not when I'm asleep. Thoughts?

-John
    Apple is comming out with a fix for this problem. But in the mean time, go to Settings, Location Services, System Services and turn off Setting Time Zone. You only need this if you travel through different time zones. If it stayes on, it keeps getting your location to make sure it stays in the correct time zone. If you dont travel, you dont need it on and it will stay at the time zone you are in. This will help.
    11-05-2011 04:24 PM
    Apple is comming out with a fix for this problem. But in the mean time, go to Settings, Location Services, System Services and turn off Setting Time Zone. You only need this if you travel through different time zones. If it stayes on, it keeps getting your location to make sure it stays in the correct time zone. If you dont travel, you dont need it on and it will stay at the time zone you are in. This will help.
    While you're at it, turn off all items in that menu. It will make a huge difference in batt life.
    11-05-2011 04:34 PM
    While you're at it, turn off all items in that menu. It will make a huge difference in batt life.
    I did just that. It sure helped. Turned FB notifications off. icloud is on. notification center on sans weather and stocks. Drained it till dead. Charged with phone turned OFF. Turned on in airplane mode and charged until battery doctor told me to stop. Turned off airplane mode and slept at 12:30. Woke up at 7:30 still at 100%. PERFECT. Right now i am at 77% with 13 hours and 42 minutes since unplugged. I have been texting, playing words, and answered a call. 2 hours 33 min of use time.
    11-05-2011 05:19 PM
    Does taking the weather out of the notification center help that much with battery? I need explanation
    11-05-2011 06:07 PM
    Does taking the weather out of the notification center help that much with battery? I need explanation
    I leave it in there and don't have problems with battery life

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    11-06-2011 12:41 AM
    I leave it in there and don't have problems with battery life

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Me too. And the stock widget. No issues here.
    11-06-2011 07:43 AM
    I keep it there on mine and I have never had any issues with battery life.
    11-06-2011 08:04 AM
    my 4s is lasting almost as long as my facinate
    11-06-2011 10:40 AM
    killing background running apps seems to really help.
    11-06-2011 10:44 AM
    I had pre-ordered a 4S and it was waiting for me when I got back after some travel around 18 October. I really didn't understand the big hue and cry about battery life... until Wednesday. The phone had been working perfectly with normal battery life, and I was somewhat bemused about all the reports of battery issues. But then I got home this past Wednesday night, spent some time surfing the web on the phone, then after dinner, retired for the evening. Looked at the phone and the battery indicator was... unusually low. Didn't think too much of it as I had been using it a little more than usual. But then...

In the morning it was completely dead. Charged it for a while before work, then in the car all the way to work. It was fully charged when I got there. I didn't use it at all during the day, but about mid-afternoon, I got a text while in a meeting with a customer. Again - battery unusually low. I also noticed that the phone felt quite a bit hotter than normal in my pocket. By the time I got out of the meeting, the phone was dead - again. Charged it up again in the car for a while. Got home, charged it some more. It was fully charged when I went to bed around midnight. In the morning: dead as a doornail.

Not sure what suddenly brought on the battery life issue after a couple weeks of normal life - but ever since this past Wednesday the thing can't get through half a day without completely dying. The phone always seems to be unusually hot in my pocket, which makes me think there's some kind of runaway process going on. I'm not aware of anything about the setup of the phone that I may have changed that would cause such a sudden decrease in battery life. I've tried as many of the usual tricks as I can stand (obviously the phone isn't very useful I keep it in airplane mode all the time), without much success. Hopefully 5.0.1 gets here sooner rather than later.
    11-06-2011 07:34 PM
    Has anyone with battery issues tried telling Siri to "restart"?
    11-06-2011 08:43 PM
    I had pre-ordered a 4S and it was waiting for me when I got back after some travel around 18 October. I really didn't understand the big hue and cry about battery life... until Wednesday. The phone had been working perfectly with normal battery life, and I was somewhat bemused about all the reports of battery issues. But then I got home this past Wednesday night, spent some time surfing the web on the phone, then after dinner, retired for the evening. Looked at the phone and the battery indicator was... unusually low. Didn't think too much of it as I had been using it a little more than usual. But then...

In the morning it was completely dead. Charged it for a while before work, then in the car all the way to work. It was fully charged when I got there. I didn't use it at all during the day, but about mid-afternoon, I got a text while in a meeting with a customer. Again - battery unusually low. I also noticed that the phone felt quite a bit hotter than normal in my pocket. By the time I got out of the meeting, the phone was dead - again. Charged it up again in the car for a while. Got home, charged it some more. It was fully charged when I went to bed around midnight. In the morning: dead as a doornail.

Not sure what suddenly brought on the battery life issue after a couple weeks of normal life - but ever since this past Wednesday the thing can't get through half a day without completely dying. The phone always seems to be unusually hot in my pocket, which makes me think there's some kind of runaway process going on. I'm not aware of anything about the setup of the phone that I may have changed that would cause such a sudden decrease in battery life. I've tried as many of the usual tricks as I can stand (obviously the phone isn't very useful I keep it in airplane mode all the time), without much success. Hopefully 5.0.1 gets here sooner rather than later.
    That sounds way worse than just a iOS issue the hot and 100 to 0 overnight is not normal even for this issue going on .. I would take it to apple have them run a test on your battery could be hardware

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-06-2011 09:17 PM
    My battery life has never been bad in the iPhone 4S, it just runs out before the night ends sometime. Nothing like the 20% loss per hour. I usually get 6-7 hours usage with 12 hours standby before it runs out. However what i did 2 nights ago was drain mg battery till the end and did a full recharge. I closed all running apps, but on full brightness without antilock till my phone dies, so it starts up fresh. Anyway, 2 days into it, I'm getting 9 hours usage and 13 hours stand by AND it hasn't hit 20% battery left. Perhaps it was a bad batch that got the battery-gate. I use remindrs and constantly have appointments in my calendar, I YouTube a lot throughout the day and hundreds of messages etc. all features are on, Siri raise to speech, locational time, push email etc. it is blasphemous needing to disable features

Long story short, drained my battery to recharge it to keep all the ions running. Will uploads pics for skeptical.
    11-07-2011 06:25 AM
    Yes - I had terrible battery issues as well. I called Apple Tech Support and they made an appointment at the Genius Bar at a nearby Apple store to have them swap out my phone for another one. The new one seems to be quite a bit better, but I'm still anxious to get the updated OS so that I can make full use of all the cool features of the phone instead of leaving most of them turned off all the time.
    chronictacos likes this.
    11-07-2011 06:32 AM
734 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD