Battery life issues?

jjjwicks

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Siri Talks, But Is She Keeping Secrets About the Battery?

I found that my remaining battery level dropped dramatically when I had pending location reminders. Once those reminders were completed, battery life was similar to my regular iPhone 4. Maybe it is because the GPS signal is very erratic. I did notice that the phone also became very warm during that time. I had no issues with location reminders and battery life in NJ, so I think that the tall buildings are causing the problem.

Boobie12

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I guess my battery conditioned because yesterday took the Phone of at 9 got home around 9 but used it till around 1130 and had 7 hours of usage and 14hours of standby and I had about 28 percent left. I didn't change much setting and still have my weather and stocks in the notification tray but now I'm definitely loving this. My nexus never had this always died by 4 pm

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
One of the best things I did was turn the Battery Percentage off. The drainage seems way worse when you're watching the numbers dwindle. My battery seems to be doing great. It just needs to be charged once a day, which seems to be pretty average for moderate/heavy use.

Harvey54

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Great App

There is a great app in the App store Iphone tips and tricks...
It shows you how to close all apps running in the background and eating up battery life along with other stuff for us new iphone users.

badler

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4S does the same thing: The battery's charge gets to 100 percent and then starts dropping down.

Should I replace it or will an iOS upgrade fix the problem?

I woke up this morning and I was at 100%. My phone is still on charger and I have been watching it slowly go down, now i'm at 94%?

Last edited:

ktrent#CB

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the restore did the trick.
6241cf54-6862-10ac.jpg

I did a new set up so if any settings or configs was the problem they would be gone. I have everything on but cloud and Bluetooth.

Note about 5 hours of use was pandora radio. And lots or Siri use for hands free.

johnraggio

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Did a full restore as new phone last night, things are much better today. Battery stayed @ 100% for 2 hours with a few texts and emails. Before it would drop to 98% as soon as I took it off the charger. All locations, wifi, bluetooth, and notifications are turned on. I am sitting at 96% right now, about the same as my previous Iphone 4.

When you guys say "full restore" or "restore as new" am I to understand that you completely wipe the phone with a new OS install and then do not restore from a backup? You then install apps and setup email etc. from scratch? I would guess that if you restore as new and then restore from a backup you'd be back where you started, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
John

BiG BaLLA 923

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I actually seem to be having slightly better battery life today. Not really used phone, couple texts and a little tiny wings. Usage 6 hours and 14 minutes and stand by 12 hours and 32 minutes and sitting at 12%. I really can't complain anymore as I can get through the day now. That's all I really cared about anyways.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Left my house at 6am , downloaded 4 podcast through icatcher, listened to the Steve jobs biography for about 6 hrs while working, responded to about 50 texts, 10 emails, 10 min of phone calls and my phone was at 28% at 430pm. I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i am definitely getting poor battery life and i tweaked settings and everything to try to help the issue.

how would i do this restore? how would i back everything up so it can get put back on the phone after everything is done?

sorry, i am coming from a blackberry and i have no idea what i am doing quite yet. i just want decent battery life! i am playing words with friends and watching my battery percentage drop 1% every couple of turns

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
My battery is terrible. Might do a full restore since people are saying thats helping. But I can take my phone off the charger and just see it plummet just by using twitter for a few minutes on low brightness.

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
There is a great app in the App store Iphone tips and tricks...
It shows you how to close all apps running in the background and eating up battery life along with other stuff for us new iphone users.

Sure hope you didn't pay for that app. Thats why apple took so long to come out with multitasking, so they could do it right and not kill your battery. So there are no "apps running in the background eating up battery life"

ktrent#CB

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
My suggestion would be not to restore with backup. I would start new. You will just have to reload apps from iTunes and set up emails manually. If you contacts and calendars are the same as on your computer you'll be fine. I use gmail for that stuff so it was super easy for me.

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i set up my phone as new, but i am looking into wiping everything and starting new.

to answer my question above, would i just have to plug the phone into my computer and hit restore from itunes? or do i have to go somewhere to download ios5

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just got 2 4s' last night. One white one black and both 32 gig. White one was fine overnight but my black one had 30% left when I went to bed at 11:30 and at 7 this morning when I checked my phone was dead. I'm sure as I use it the battery will get better.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner