Battery life issues?

tut00

Jun 18, 2009
www.wowzersoftware.com
So last night, at around 3am, I unplugged my 4S and plugged in my iPad. When I woke up, my iPhone was down to 85%. Is anyone else experiencing this type of battery usage? My old iPhone would only be down to 98% when I did this before.

I can understand that during the day I a,using it a lot, but not when I'm asleep. Thoughts?

-John

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Battery life on mine doesn't seem to be that great either. Maybe it will take some time to adjust but maybe ios5 uses more battery?

cr12#IM

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
was curious about it as well. i havent seen those types of drops sitting idle because ive been using it all the time

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I'm wondering if Siri is the culprit, since it seems to be using the gps even when you are not requesting location information.

cr12#IM

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
yeah and reminders too, if i remember correctly the batteries in these phones take a couple days to get into a groove i could be wrong though.

asuprice

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine is much better today. Been off the charger since 8am. It's 1:40 now. I have 2 hours of usage and 78% battery left. Yesterday it went really fast. I used Siri a lot yesterday though and hardly at all today.

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My battery life so far is not spectacular. It charged to 100% and began to discharge while still plugged in, so I replugged it in brought it back to 100 and disconnected it. It's already at 45% and it's only 2:15 in the afternoon. This is with wifi on, and light to moderate use. If it doesn't improve I'll be going back to my Android that lasted me 15 hours at least.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My battery life so far is not spectacular. It charged to 100% and began to discharge while still plugged in, so I replugged it in brought it back to 100 and disconnected it. It's already at 45% and it's only 2:15 in the afternoon. This is with wifi on, and light to moderate use. If it doesn't improve I'll be going back to my Android that lasted me 15 hours at least.

Turn wifi off when you sleep and I bet it wont discharge again while on charger. My i4 use to do that. Once battery is fully charged, it doesnt charge again until down to 90% and wifi some how cause it to drain in stand by.

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I do need to get my e-mails at night, even when I'm sleeping, yes. I wasn't really complaining, just adding in my observations, and stating I may need to go back to my Android. Some of you iFaithful need to notch it down.

Reactions: ruger141

cr12#IM

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Mine has done the same been off the charger since 745 am it's now 215 I'm at 52% hope it gets better

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I do need to get my e-mails at night, even when I'm sleeping, yes. I wasn't really complaining, just adding in my observations, and stating I may need to go back to my Android. Some of you iFaithful need to notch it down.

So you're sleeping yet need emails that you won't read until you wake up? Android isn't going to give you any better battery life. I came from android and used a bunch and all had worse battery compared to iPhone. But if that's what you want hope that works better for you.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Turn wifi off when you sleep and I bet it wont discharge again while on charger. My i4 use to do that. Once battery is fully charged, it doesnt charge again until down to 90% and wifi some how cause it to drain in stand by.

Is this also true for the iPad & iPod? I charge my iOS devices overnight and they're always at 100% in the morning. I always leave wifi on.

cr12#IM

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I haven't experienced that with my iPad

Well my phone got down to 41% and I charged it for an hour or so now it's at 61% I hope it gets better because this isn't great batt life

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh