Battery life issues?

cr12#IM

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and restored mine, im on sprint and my phone kept going to 1x instead of 3g which i think was causing the batt. to run down. Ill report back later on and see if the restore made the difference. It's actually a pretty painless process as long as you back up and restore from your back up once the OS installs.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
As I pointed out in my post, I turned SIRI off along with everything else one by one and it made no difference.

I feel like a broken record, but you should not need to turn Siri off to get a full day's use out of the 4S. That's fine if you really don't want to use Siri, but that should not be the reason for battery drain issues. Call Apple and let them walk you through their troubleshooting routine.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I would like to hear if you have siri activated or not? As siri is not only an application in itself but it also keeps the gps turned on to keep a track of your location so thats why one has to be careful about this. As it drains a lot of battery!
Also keeping timezone off will help you a little, still if there is a problem, then i guess you have a hardware problem.

Siri drains no battery simply by being on. I have it on and have only dropped 2% in 3hrs. It was Facebook push that was killing my battery. The FB app is and always has been crap.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

NickBull

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I feel like a broken record, but you should not need to turn Siri off to get a full day's use out of the 4S. That's fine if you really don't want to use Siri, but that should not be the reason for battery drain issues. Call Apple and let them walk you through their troubleshooting routine.

I completely agree. What I was saying in my post was that I was just testing everything to see if there was some rogue process draining the battery and something that was related to the 4S only as I didn't have the problem on my 4 all through the betas of iOS 5.

Currently it seems like there is something that is running a lot more frequently than it should be because even when locked the usage figure goes up - not as fast as the standby figure, but not far off (e.g. 12 minutes extra usage in 15 minutes of standby). Other people I know with a 4 has their usage figures going up only when they are actually using it or slightly going up (e.g 2 minutes extra usage in 15 minutes of standby)

moonoverparma00

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and restored mine, im on sprint and my phone kept going to 1x instead of 3g which i think was causing the batt. to run down. Ill report back later on and see if the restore made the difference. It's actually a pretty painless process as long as you back up and restore from your back up once the OS installs.
I'm on sprint as well and that has a lot to do with it. Poor signal. Sprints 3G right now is horrible and I let them hear about everyday. They really need to work on 3G before working on a lte network.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got my 4s a week ago. My Droid (or Drone) was horrible on battery life. I had a monster battery on it and only then did it seem normal. I was using a lot of power the first few days with the new phone, but then I was downloading a lot of aps. I took my iPhone off the charger 16 hours ago and it's sitting at 64%. I did do some things with it, but nothing earth shattering. My wifi and Siri have been on all this time and I've been receiving emails. Like some of you, I'm currently working on battery life fine tuning.
When I ws shopping for a replacement phone I discovered the 4g phones chew up a lot more juice and after having gone thru 3 batterys with my original Droid, I said no thanks!!! If the new phone is faster and does more then I imaging it can easily use more, though Apple is claimimg there's a better battery in the 4s. I hope to avoid getting one of those add-a-battery-wrap-around cases.....

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
This is my usage since I killed the FB push notifications. Better than my iPhone 4!
461cf526-cba5-84a8.jpg

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea I have no FB or Twitter notifications, I seriousyl "cripple" it for mostly the battery life reason. I also found that I am more of a stock app user even. I use texting and email and safari more than anything else.

IndoX

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
My usage has been has all been heavy video watching on netflix. I've also been switching between netflix and words with friends as well as answering phone calls and checking e-mails. How does it look?

photohs.png

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I just got my 4s a week ago. My Droid (or Drone) was horrible on battery life. I had a monster battery on it and only then did it seem normal. I was using a lot of power the first few days with the new phone, but then I was downloading a lot of aps. I took my iPhone off the charger 16 hours ago and it's sitting at 64%. I did do some things with it, but nothing earth shattering. My wifi and Siri have been on all this time and I've been receiving emails. Like some of you, I'm currently working on battery life fine tuning.
When I ws shopping for a replacement phone I discovered the 4g phones chew up a lot more juice and after having gone thru 3 batterys with my original Droid, I said no thanks!!! If the new phone is faster and does more then I imaging it can easily use more, though Apple is claimimg there's a better battery in the 4s. I hope to avoid getting one of those add-a-battery-wrap-around cases.....

I have that case, the mophie juice pack plus. I don't want to sound like an advertisement, but I get 10 hours from the juice pack alone. And that's with brightness all the way on, using GPS, twitter, Facebook, google+ notifications, phone calls, video games, a lot of texting, and video games. After all that, I still have 100 percent of my battery from my iPhone left. No holding back. That's the way I like to use my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

badler

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
After leaving my iPhone 4S in the charger overnight, it's the battery level is only in the 90's. Even after an overnight charge I'm not at 100 percent. Help!

hello all!

i am having a somewhat strange issue.

i have left my iphone on the charge all night, but it only gets up to 92%, it does not go the full 100% charge. does anybody know why?

thank you!

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I took some advice here and I disabled Facebook notifications. See how that goes. I hate Facebook anyway. The thing that bothers me is that we shouldn't have to be doing these kinds of things and we should be able to use our phones however we please without compromising with the battery, whether it helps or not and whether it's A5 or not.

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Excessive battery usage?

So last night, at around 3am, I unplugged my 4S and plugged in my iPad. When I woke up, my iPhone was down to 85%. Is anyone else experiencing this type of battery usage? My old iPhone would only be down to 98% when I did this before.

I can understand that during the day I a,using it a lot, but not when I'm asleep. Thoughts?

-John

Wow John, I thought my daughter and I were the only ones experiencing increased battery usage since installing ios5. She completely charged her I4 before going to work- 20 minute drive in - without using it but a couple of minutes for a call, and within 3 hrs. it had gone into the red on the battery meter! Mine has shown increased usage, too, but not as much as hers. We both have turned off a lot of the auto notifications and locations, and not sure what else to do to conserve power.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I paid attention last night and it definitely is using more power. I kept it on the charger, and it STILL went down from 100% to 48% in a couple of hours. Granted, it was under very heavy use, but my iPhone 4 never LOST battery level while it was plugged in. This time I made sure that the cord was connected and charging.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
After leaving my iPhone 4S in the charger overnight, it's the battery level is only in the 90's. Even after an overnight charge I'm not at 100 percent. Help!

I downloaded an app called Boost Magic. It seems to help my phone get a fuller charge (meaning more juice time). Whenever you charge you phone, you activate the program and then plug the phone in. I believe it was either free or 99 cents. Hope that helps....

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I am now down to 73% after being off charge for 13hrs with moderate usage. I can't complain. :)

xadjustx

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
i .imgur . com/Eyqqb . png

(remove spaces)

20 Hours and 1 Minutes - down to 11%

Brightness at around 60%
Wifi on all day
Cellular Data On
Bluetooth headset on for like 3-4 hours
2 Hours of Phone Calls
All System Location Services On
Email fetch to 15 Minutes
Boxcar for Tweetlogix
Facebook notification
Weather with Location
iCloud on Push
Siri Raise to Speak Off
Watched like 15 minutes on Netflix (Wifi)
Played 20-25 minutes of Shadowgun
Another 10 for each Gravity Guy/ Temple Run
About a hour of Shuffle Music

I'm coming from a rooted EVO where I had to cut things off to get good battery life. I can deff manage with 20+ Hours of heavy use *imo* I haven't done anything special like let it die and charge it fully, I have just used it. One thing is, I had Sprint flag my account for a Business PRL so I have 11115 instead of 51082, I had a hypothesis that the bad battery life on sprint was because of the bad prl.

Seriel - DNP

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73