Does anyone else have this problem?

When I make/receive a call, the person I am talking to sounds very low. I try and raise the volume (using the volume buttons on the left hand side), but it seems that is only for the ringtone.

How do I fix this? (VZW if that matters).
    10-15-2011 11:08 AM
    Mine sounds a little lower as well since ios 5. I can still hear everybody but it just doesn't sounds as loud. I'm on AT&T
    10-15-2011 11:11 AM
    You guys don't by chance still have that plastic cover on the front of the phone right? I left it on there like a dummy, and couldn't figure out why everyone was so quiet...
    10-15-2011 11:19 AM
    You guys don't by chance still have that plastic cover on the front of the phone right? I left it on there like a dummy, and couldn't figure out why everyone was so quiet...
    Is this actually why the volume sounds low? I planned on leaving mine on until I receive my screen protectors from Amazon, but if I have to take it off, I will.
    10-15-2011 11:35 AM
    My volume is fine. I have it down 3 notices and its perfect. On AT&T.
    10-15-2011 11:36 AM
    Is this actually why the volume sounds low? I planned on leaving mine on until I receive my screen protectors from Amazon, but if I have to take it off, I will.
    yup, that's the issue. a coworker did that last year when she got the iPhone4.

you could always peel the top back a bit and cut a opening for the speaker.
    10-15-2011 11:38 AM
    you could always peel the top back a bit and cut a opening for the speaker.
    Hmm, I'm going to try that out. Thanks for the tip.
    10-15-2011 11:57 AM
    I ended up cutting a hole in it for the speaker, since I'm waiting for my screen protector and case to arrive on Monday.
    10-15-2011 02:16 PM
    I don't have the plastic cover on mine and my volume is still very low?!
    10-15-2011 06:10 PM
    This made a 100% difference. Go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Hearing>Turn on Phone noise cancellation>Slide "Adjust Audio Volume Balance" button all the way towards "R". This worked for us. Hubby and I were on our way to Apple Store first thing thing this morning to get a new iPhone. Don't have to now as the volume is great!
    09-30-2014 08:29 AM
    I would bet that you could be losing 1/2 your audio in many instances by only hearing the right channel.

Have you tried turning on the Mono switch and leave L/R in the middle? It's above the L/R slider.

Cheers.
    09-30-2014 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD