A true iPhone "fanatic" would know that the rattle actually comes from the power button. Try squeezing the power button and shaking or tapping it, I bet you wont hear a rattle.
    The rattle is not coming from my home button. It is directly emanating from the rear camera. It is normal. Maybe some people have some play in their home buttons, but mine is really solid.
    10-16-2011 09:43 AM
    The rattle is not coming from my home button. It is directly emanating from the rear camera. It is normal. Maybe some people have some play in their home buttons, but mine is really solid.
    The people that think it's the power button are the same people who think that they have one speaker on the bottom of the phone that is broken. (when in reality there is only one speaker on the bottom of the phone!) Which is something I am shocked we have not heard someone complain about yet. It usually comes up a few times when a new phone is released.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 10-16-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    10-16-2011 09:45 AM
    My problem is Siri always going down for hours and saying she can't connect. It gets so annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-16-2011 10:17 AM
    EVERY phone does it. Trust me. Next time you are at the Apple store test every single phone on display and every single one will rattle like that.
    How come I can't hear the rattle sound on mine? Is it louder on some 4S's than others?
    10-16-2011 10:27 AM
    How come I can't hear the rattle sound on mine? Is it louder on some 4S's than others?
    I do think the rattle varies somewhat on every device. When I went into the Verizon retail store, all their display models had the rattle. Some were more noticeable than others. The phone I received Friday had an extremely loud rattle, I had it exchanged for a new one (which still rattles) but is less noticeable.
    10-16-2011 10:42 AM
    The people that think it's the power button are the same people who think that they have one speaker on the bottom of the phone that is broken. (when in reality there is only one speaker on the bottom of the phone!) Which is something I am shocked we have not heard someone complain about yet. It usually comes up a few times when a new phone is released.
    Hahaha I remember that. Tons of "my left speaker is broken" threads.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    10-16-2011 11:17 AM
    It could depend on how the camera last focused as well. There are moving parts in that camera and that is what makes the rattle sound.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    10-16-2011 11:22 AM
    It could depend on how the camera last focused as well. There are moving parts in that camera and that is what makes the rattle sound.
    This makes sense. Thanks, Jeremy.
    10-16-2011 11:29 AM
    I find it amazing that no reviews mention this at all. It's quite loud.

I suppose everyone just sort of wrote it off as normal and neglected to mention it. It's quite annoying but bearable I suppose.
    10-25-2011 10:11 PM
    Mine on this one doesn't seem to rattle. The case is what makes the sound for me.
    10-26-2011 09:45 AM
    I think it's the sleep button. It suppose to have a little play, so when you tap the top part of the phone it sounds like it's loose. Hope this helps.
    10-28-2011 03:21 PM
    anyone else have a problem with the back of the phone being real warm while its charging? I have noticed this the last couple days or so.. Is this related to the battery issues? Should I be concerned?
    10-28-2011 04:18 PM
    I have had my 4s since the 14th. I have the camera rattle. Yes its kind of annoying but the more threads on the more people will blow it way out of proportion. Its really not that big of a deal. My home button also has some very small play in it. Nothing big. Would I exchange the phone because of this? Absolutely not, because they ALL HAVE THIS.
    10-28-2011 06:27 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD