Hey guys,

Received my iPhone 4S via UPS this afternoon. When I took it out of the box, I noticed that there was a very noticeable "wiggle" sounds coming directly from the camera area. On my previous iPhone 4's, some of the buttons were loose that would cause the sound, but all are very solid on my 4S. I even put moderate pressure on all of them and the "wiggle" sound still emanated from the camera area. It is especially prominent when I set the phone down camera end first on any surface, even my couch.

Has anyone else noticed this??

My previous Verizon iPhone didn't do this & my AT&T iPhone 4's didn't make this noise either. I'm thinking it really got bumped during shipping or something and now something is loose inside.

Also, obviously I ordered through VerizonWireless.com, but could I go to a local corporate Verizon store and would they exchange it there?? Or can I only do it through VZW.com or AppleCare?

I still have my original receipt & paperwork.

Thank you for any input
    10-14-2011 09:43 PM
    Mine has it too. Black 32GB. A clicking sound in the camera area when you shake the phone.
    10-14-2011 09:51 PM
    Mine has it too. Black 32GB. A clicking sound in the camera area when you shake the phone.
    Have you checked to make sure the buttons aren't loose & making the noise?

Mine is also a black 32GB.
    10-14-2011 09:54 PM
    I also have a Black 32GB and mine does this as well. It doesn't bother me though. I mean are you going to shake the phone? I think ALL phones have this and some people will report and say they don't when they do. Its just people aren't OCD enough to notice it lol. I'm very OCD and noticed this right away.
    10-14-2011 10:00 PM
    I also have a Black 32GB and mine does this as well. It doesn't bother me though. I mean are you going to shake the phone? I think ALL phones have this and some people will report and say they don't when they do. Its just people aren't OCD enough to notice it lol. I'm very OCD and noticed this right away.
    Yeah, mine doesn't do it when I shake the phone, but just when I set it down or tap the back lightly.

I am OCD about my phones too, but just want to make sure it's not something that is going to get worse as time wears on :/
    10-14-2011 10:07 PM
    Yeah, mine doesn't do it when I shake the phone, but just when I set it down or tap the back lightly.

I am OCD about my phones too, but just want to make sure it's not something that is going to get worse as time wears on :/
    Yeah, thats what I meant. You barely have to tap it. The sound is almost nonexistent. And yes, I'm very OCD about my phones too. Like I have the tiniest air bubble on my Power Support screen protector and it drives me crazy lol. Just gonna deal with it. Being OCD on things like this isn't really good though.
    10-14-2011 10:14 PM
    I don't have this problem on my 4S. Everything on it is solid.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    10-14-2011 10:19 PM
    Yeah, thats what I meant. You barely have to tap it. The sound is almost nonexistent. And yes, I'm very OCD about my phones too. Like I have the tiniest air bubble on my Power Support screen protector and it drives me crazy lol. Just gonna deal with it. Being OCD on things like this isn't really good though.
    Haha, sounds exactly like me. I think I'll just deal with it. Everything is working properly and the camera is working fine, but the sound just makes it appear as if something is loose.
    10-14-2011 10:21 PM
    Haha, sounds exactly like me. I think I'll just deal with it. Everything is working properly and the camera is working fine, but the sound just makes it appear as if something is loose.
    Come to think about it, my BB made this same sound and iPhone 4 did too. There isn't a problem here.
    10-14-2011 10:23 PM
    This is normal guys. Shouldn't happen when you simply shake the phone but tapping on it or tapping the device against something and you will hear it. Again, it's normal.
    10-14-2011 10:26 PM
    This is normal guys. Shouldn't happen when you simply shake the phone but tapping on it or tapping the device against something and you will hear it. Again, it's normal.
    Exactly. I hear a very small noise when I shake it but who shakes a phone? My BB did this also, along with my iPhone 4. Some people will think its so normal and pass it off. I'm not worried.
    10-14-2011 10:30 PM
    Thank you Jeremy!
    10-14-2011 10:38 PM
    Yes Jeremy is right. I had a thread going last year about this when the 4 came out. I had it replaced (because of a broken speaker) but my replacement had the same noise. It is normal. I think the conclusion is, it's the zoom. That's why the 3 series didn't have this noise.
    10-15-2011 12:16 AM
    Exactly. I hear a very small noise when I shake it but who shakes a phone? My BB did this also, along with my iPhone 4. Some people will think its so normal and pass it off. I'm not worried.
    Yeah I was gong to say my berry does this too. Just rattles the zoom lense.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    10-15-2011 12:20 AM
    Thank you Jeremy!
    Your welcome!
    10-15-2011 09:54 AM
    I don't hear any rattling when I shake or tap the phone. Is something wrong with my iPhone 4S?
    10-15-2011 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD