Talk iPhone 4S data speeds here

davidmets

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So I just took it outside my home earlier today for a test and I was surprised. It was MUCH quicker outside my home on 3G, I never did a SpeedTest but at home I'm getting .27 Mbps download and .02 upload which is SLOOOOOW. It's not a major problem I guess since I can always use Wi-Fi in my house but its just weird as my old Droid never had this problem........

Edit: Just ran on Wi-Fi...20.27 Download and 8.03 upload so its not the phone

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my data speeds haven't been extremely faster, but they are relatively double of what I used to have with the iPhone 4. They're nowhere near the theoretical maximum, but at least I know the potential is there. Moreover, the reception has definitely been improved a great deal.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wifi is definitely fast. I'm accustomed to Sprint's 3G Speed, which Gizmodo tested against Verizon and AT&T. While Sprint has the slowest of the three network speeds, we don't have HSPA+, so that's probably why. It doesn't matter to me because we have unlimited and they don't. 3G is plenty good for me.

I watched this video and felt that it was not a fair test. From the picture that I saw AT&T clearly didn't have very good coverage in that area. As far as I know AT&T is the only one of the 3 networks with the iPhone 4S that can take advantage of HSPA+ speeds.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
On At&t

3G is getting 5.99 Download and 1.43 upload mbps

This is about what I get consistently on mine. On a side note, I heard a rumor that AT&T is working with Apple on a carrier update which will have a symbol that shows when you are in an area that has HSPA+ coverage as seen on many of AT&T's 4G Android devices. I sure hope this rumor is true. :)

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
This is about what I get consistently on mine. On a side note, I heard a rumor that AT&T is working with Apple on a carrier update which will have a symbol that shows when you are in an area that has HSPA+ coverage as seen on many of AT&T's 4G Android devices. I sure hope this rumor is true. :)

yeah they are.. Problem is Apple might not do it since its not really true 4g.. If anything they just do like Android does, and make it be an H instead.

ilwhana

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
photo.PNG

...........I'm not satisfied with this network speed test.
I wish it is alot more faster!!!!

BTW, anyone who live there tested their yet?

dysfunction

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Holy crap! 4S on AT&T:

Ping: 322ms
Download: 3.52 Mbps
Upload: 1.08 Mbps

Now, this is in a tiny farming town with a population of 3000 (Sunderland MA). We are right next to a town (Amherst MA) with 30,000 and the flagship campus of the University of Massachusetts with 20,000 students, but still. With my old 3GS I was getting .75-1.25Mbps down and around .25 up, and my brother's 4 didn't get much better than that, so this is a three- or four-fold speed increase! Holy crap. I can't wait to see how it does in Amherst, where I was getting 4 Mbps down before.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I understand what the Iphone 4S is capable of and I'm a little jealous of some of you guys numbers. What I'm not happy about is Iphone 4 speeds and Iphone4S speeds in my area are not much different. My last Iphone4S speed using speedtest was 3.49 Mbps

Here is a link to a browser based Speed test you guys can do with averages and what type of iphone
The Great iPhone 4S National Network Speed Test

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm purposely going in to work late tomorrow to get my 4S from UPS. I need to set it up at work to see what my data speeds are in NYC and also my home area ;)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Atlanta (just inside the perimeter at my precinct office which is shielded and yields about 2 bars AT BEST, even on this 4S):

DL - 3.75Mbps
UL - 1.24Mbps

...not too shabby. My old iPhone 4 wasn't able to do that consistently. I'll check my in town numbers later, they are usually pretty significantly higher.

Last edited:

ilwhana

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
4S on AT&T 3G

I tested again at outside of my apartment. Location is Millenium Park Chicago, IL.

The best result I have is.....

5.72mbps download
0.81mbps upload
77ms ping

When I asked At&t, the agent told me that new tower next to my building is going to
operate next month. I hope I get this much of speed from my apartment.

:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit