Moving Contacts From Non Smart Phone

KGann

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
This iPhone4s is my first smart phone.........I know a little late to the party. Take your shots, I can take it.(G)

My current phone is an LG something or other. I can access the web via data. How can I get my contacts off the LG and into the iPhone? If I go to the Verizon store can they do it or can I? What about preset daily-weekly-monthly etc. reminders?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I want to add to this thread in case someone isnt on verizon.. you can take the phone in store and they can transfer all contacts using there machine..

tigagreen

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I had an LG Optimus (Sprint), exported the contacts as a vcf file saved to the SD card. Copied that to my Desktop, and sent an email with the vcf file as an attachment.

I downloaded MCbackup from the App Store (free) and installed.
Opened the Email on the iPhone with the vcf Attachment and clicked on it, iPhone installed the contacts.

I'm not sure if MCBackup was really necessary though. The iPhone may have known what to do with the vcf file. (sorry, I'm a iPhone newbie, but I must admit, I think it is very intuitive.)

andnor

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
export your contacts to CSV file with LG PC Suite. It will export contacts from both phone memory and sim-card memory. Then you import CSV file directly to iPhone with help of app called "Contacts In: Imports CSV contacts" ( http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/contacts-in-import-csv-contacts/id549639443?mt=8&affId=1822652 ).
You can read details here: http://csvcontacts.wordpress.com/contacts-from-lg-to-iphone/
Andy

Bobopaul

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I used this method of transferring contacts from old Samsung and LG phones to iPhone:
1. Exported contacts to CSV file (with Samsung PC Studio, LG PC Suite, you can do it from any desktop software).
2. Import to iPhone with app ("Contacts In : Import CSV Contacts"). Any format supported - just tell app which column is name, and which column is phone, email and so on).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh