I feel that preorder should be delivered the day before launch day.. Most of my friends went to the stores ( apple, sprint, vz, att) and already have their new toy.. in contrast i preordered and still waiting at 450pm New York time.

the purpose of preordering is useless !
    10-14-2011 04:48 PM
    Seriously?! You demand to have your preorder delivered the day BEFORE launch?! Good luck with that with ANY device!
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-14-2011 04:51 PM
    Seriously?! You demand to have your preorder delivered the day BEFORE launch?! Good luck with that with ANY device!
    pre = before than... i'm not demanding.. its what it is.. preordering is scks lol
    10-14-2011 04:57 PM

I feel that preorder should be delivered the day before launch day.. Most of my friends went to the stores ( apple, sprint, vz, att) and already have their new toy.. in contrast i preordered and still waiting at 450pm New York time.

the purpose of preordering is useless !
    Wait until you have to activate it and you realize that the server is down. It's actually quite ridiculous the way the pre-orders go. I'm glad I got mine at the store and pre-ordered one for the wife. The trade-off is the lack of sexual activity for a day or two while she simmers down =/
    General Tso and akmolin like this.
    10-14-2011 04:58 PM
    eh mines not getting delivered tell monday and I preordered as well... next year I will buy in store..
    10-14-2011 04:58 PM
    eh mines not getting delivered tell monday and I preordered as well... next year I will buy in store..
    The Pre-Orders are on a first come-first serve basis. You probably got in a little later than some other people. That's why your order is coming Monday. But don't be disappointed, it'll give you something to look forward to during the weekend.
    10-14-2011 05:05 PM
    pre = before than... i'm not demanding.. its what it is.. preordering is scks lol
    All pre-ordering does is nothing more than a way to reserve a handset for you to guarantee that you'll have it on launch day. Depending on how many handsets local stores are given for the launch and the customer demand at the stores themselves, it's entirely possibly to just walk in to a local AT&T, Sprint or Verizon store and buy the device on launch day.

Some stores probably sold out quickly. Other stores probably have plenty left to sell. It's really hard to say.
    10-14-2011 05:06 PM
    I personally wish I would have waited and just went to the store this morning to get the phone. With that being said, the pre-order process is exactly what is to be expected and it was my fault for decided to do it because I was thinking my normal driver who comes around 10 would be working. UPS has until 7 to deliver packages so I don't understand why you're so mad, the carrier websites clearly stated it would be delivered on 14th.
    10-14-2011 05:12 PM
    The "Pre" comes before the word "order". Which means you get to "order" the phone "before" it is launched. The "Pre" doesnt mean you get it before everyone else.
    10-14-2011 05:16 PM
    All pre-ordering does is nothing more than a way to reserve a handset for you to guarantee that you'll have it on launch day. Depending on how many handsets local stores are given for the launch and the customer demand at the stores themselves, it's entirely possibly to just walk in to a local AT&T, Sprint or Verizon store and buy the device on launch day.

Some stores probably sold out quickly. Other stores probably have plenty left to sell. It's really hard to say.
    ok, so when u get a pre-screened credit card offer in the mail u think u r guarantee to be approve? i dont think so! lol

pre is not equal to have something guarantee.. this preordering thing is a total fail.. lol
    10-14-2011 05:16 PM
    I don't see the big deal. I would rather wait in the comfort of my home for the delivery guy than get up before dawn to stand in line and hope they have enough. You sleep in and get the phone later in the day, big deal. It's a phone your going to be using for at least a year, does getting it a few hours later really make a big difference in the long run? Now if your complaint was about the jacked up ordering and shipping process then I would agree a little more.
    10-14-2011 05:17 PM
    "Pre-order" does not mean "pre-release". It only means you can place the order before it is released.
    10-14-2011 05:35 PM
    Preordering does nothing when the damn servers at the carriers can not even activate a phone. I have had mine for almost 3 hours and it it simply a paper weight at this time. I 'm pissed
    10-14-2011 05:49 PM
    It's just all over the place here in NYC- some of my friends have theirs already.. I don't yet. I've been at work for hours now waiting.

I even went out to look for the UPS guy that parks nearby that I know for help... of course he wasn't there. UPS says to wait until 7pm. I'm not sure what happens after 7 since it's been "out for delivery" since 530am
    10-14-2011 05:56 PM
    I have done both now, pre-ordered and today went to the Verizon Store at opening...in the future..I WON'T pre-order...I will go to the Verizon Store! Got to Verizon at 7:35am, they opened doors at 7:50am gave us a form to complete, first group of 5 entered the store at 8:00am sharp, I was #009 and was sitting in my car new 4S in hand by 8:30am...
    10-14-2011 06:08 PM
    I love pre-order. I do it for everything. Pre- Order Rocks!
    10-14-2011 06:09 PM
    pre-order means you get it the DAY of, not as soon as stores open. you know how it goes for deliveries, i dont understand how you're mad. we all know first hand around what time our UPS/mail/Fedex deliveries usually come around, at least i do. i've had mine since 2pm so i cant complain at all. i was in class this morning, so standing in line was out of the question for me.

do whats best for you next time though.
    10-14-2011 06:10 PM
    on my way home im going to pre order my dinner through Siri.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    10-14-2011 06:10 PM
    According to the OP you should be upset if your dinner doesn't come yesterday.

Best. Thread. Ever.
    10-14-2011 06:30 PM
    According to the OP you should be upset if your dinner doesn't come yesterday.

Best. Thread. Ever.
    You are right. My wife is gonna get an ear full! Lol
    10-14-2011 06:35 PM
    I personally wish I would have waited and just went to the store this morning to get the phone. With that being said, the pre-order process is exactly what is to be expected and it was my fault for decided to do it because I was thinking my normal driver who comes around 10 would be working. UPS has until 7 to deliver packages so I don't understand why you're so mad, the carrier websites clearly stated it would be delivered on 14th.
    I was worried about the UPS delivery, as well. FedEx always delivers in the morning, and 98% of the time any deliveries are made before 11 AM. UPS, on the other hand, is all over the place. Sometimes they come in the early afternoon. Sometimes they come at 7 PM. It's frustrating. But my 4S was delivered before 10 AM, which is very uncharacteristic of UPS. It's a good thing I had the day off today, otherwise I would've never thought to skip out of work that early to wait for the delivery.
    10-14-2011 06:35 PM
    ok, so when u get a pre-screened credit card offer in the mail u think u r guarantee to be approve? i dont think so! lol

pre is not equal to have something guarantee.. this preordering thing is a total fail.. lol
    In my case, yes, because my credit rating is outstanding.

But seriously, what does that have to do with ordering a phone?
    10-14-2011 06:39 PM

Return your phone then and stop whining...
    10-14-2011 06:45 PM
    In my case, yes, because my credit rating is outstanding.

But seriously, what does that have to do with ordering a phone?
    I know I know... Don't mind me, I'm pissedd that its 650pm New York and still waiting..
    10-14-2011 06:48 PM
    Return your phone then and stop whining...
    I bet you have your 4S already that you seems to be against me! Haha
    10-14-2011 06:49 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD