I will never pre-order another iPhone again..

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I personally wish I would have waited and just went to the store this morning to get the phone. With that being said, the pre-order process is exactly what is to be expected and it was my fault for decided to do it because I was thinking my normal driver who comes around 10 would be working. UPS has until 7 to deliver packages so I don't understand why you're so mad, the carrier websites clearly stated it would be delivered on 14th.

I was worried about the UPS delivery, as well. FedEx always delivers in the morning, and 98% of the time any deliveries are made before 11 AM. UPS, on the other hand, is all over the place. Sometimes they come in the early afternoon. Sometimes they come at 7 PM. It's frustrating. But my 4S was delivered before 10 AM, which is very uncharacteristic of UPS. It's a good thing I had the day off today, otherwise I would've never thought to skip out of work that early to wait for the delivery.

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
ok, so when u get a pre-screened credit card offer in the mail u think u r guarantee to be approve? i dont think so! lol

pre is not equal to have something guarantee.. this preordering thing is a total fail.. lol:mad::mad::mad:

In my case, yes, because my credit rating is outstanding.

But seriously, what does that have to do with ordering a phone?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
ok, so when u get a pre-screened credit card offer in the mail u think u r guarantee to be approve? i dont think so! lol

pre is not equal to have something guarantee.. this preordering thing is a total fail.. lol:mad::mad::mad:

Return your phone then and stop whining...

LocoStrange

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I liked how I woke up at noon, walked into an ATT store down the block and walked out with a new phone. Yet, during my activation time, people were visiting/call all over because some of them actually waited at stores all night and still didnt get anything

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I was worried about the UPS delivery, as well. FedEx always delivers in the morning, and 98% of the time any deliveries are made before 11 AM. UPS, on the other hand, is all over the place. Sometimes they come in the early afternoon. Sometimes they come at 7 PM. It's frustrating. But my 4S was delivered before 10 AM, which is very uncharacteristic of UPS. It's a good thing I had the day off today, otherwise I would've never thought to skip out of work that early to wait for the delivery.

Lucky! It's almost 4 here and I still don't have my phone. I should have known that since it is something that I have wanted for so long it would be the guy who shows up at 6:57lol . Once again though I take responsibility for not having my phone yet, if you assume things you have a very real chance of being dissapointed. Oh well all I can do is hope that he shows up sooner rather than later.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed in At&t (or Apple, whichever this comes down to)
My local corporate At&t store got about 200 4S' in today. Out of those 200 not one pre-order done at that store received their 4S today (will be delivered sometime between now and the 21rst). What was the point of pre-ordering it then? I could easily walk down there and get one right now, had i not pre-ordered.

I may rethink pre-ordering next time.

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Lucky! It's almost 4 here and I still don't have my phone. I should have known that since it is something that I have wanted for so long it would be the guy who shows up at 6:57lol . Once again though I take responsibility for not having my phone yet, if you assume things you have a very real chance of being dissapointed. Oh well all I can do is hope that he shows up sooner rather than later.

Believe it or not, I've actually had UPS deliveries show up well past 7 PM. I remember one instance in which I went to bed (I'm usually down for the count by 8:30 or 9 because I have to get up early) and when I walked out the door the following morning to go to the gym, there was a package waiting for me. I generally don't have a lot of faith in UPS and always prefer FedEx, but in this case they surprised me for the better.

General Tso

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree. The whole "pre-order" system for me seemed to be a total clusterf**k. I couldn't get an answer on when I would have it. I cancelled my pre-order and picked mine up this morning at the VZ store.

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
The Pre-Orders are on a first come-first serve basis. You probably got in a little later than some other people. That's why your order is coming Monday. But don't be disappointed, it'll give you something to look forward to during the weekend.

thats what we would like to think.
best buy all told me it was first come first serve.
then i got there at 745am to a whopping 7 person crowd and then the girl comes out that said if you have a pre order(which we all did) you will get your phone (first) no matter what

i guess what they meant was if you preordered you will get one in order if you show up first.

but on the op.
when you PREorder a video game do you get it a day early? no you get it the morning of its release.
so quit whining. imagine if you were like the 75% of people who where at work and couldn't be home to accept there phones and now have to wait until monday to get it.
point of this:suck it up. im sure you waited at least 5 months already what's 3 days

Reactions: Premium1

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I preordered. I knew that I would get it today. The FedEx info said that I'd have it by 4:30 this afternoon. I got it around 11am. I'm happy with that. I would have been happy with 4:30.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Neither will I, at least not with AT&T. I went to the store today and picked one up at 4PM this afternoon. Meantime, the one that I preordered on the 7th is still back ordered .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Remember that because the form factor remained the same this time, Apple was able to ramp up production much faster than last time. So the stores today had plenty of stock and lines eased up by early afternoon. That didn't happen last year when the iPhone 4 form factor was still new. The phones sold out and lines persisted for weeks. The iPhone 5 in-store experience next year is likely to be more like what happened in 2010 than this year. Unless Apple somehow figures out how to ramp up production of a completely new chasis and internal components to meet even stronger demand than this year.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't plan to preorder again unless Apple decides to let the preorders go a day ahead so that the carriers can activate them before the mad dash on launch day. I should seriously have not needed a trip to ATT, or to waste 10 hours trying to activate today.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't plan to preorder again unless Apple decides to let the preorders go a day ahead so that the carriers can activate them before the mad dash on launch day. I should seriously have not needed a trip to ATT, or to waste 10 hours trying to activate today.

AT&T sucks I had no issues on Verizon:)

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone around 5, it was my normal driver who kept apologizing for being so late he said he alone had 50 just iPhone deliveries he had already done plus the normal stuff. I was laughing and told him it was not a big deal I was just excited to have it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner