post here if you left your blackberry for the iphone

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
bold 9700 on Tmo and there are some things I really miss. Topping the list would be my little red LED light notification. It seems small but I never realized how much I used it until now.

Knocks

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I spent several years with Blackberry and even bought a new Bold 9930 and used it exactly for 29 days before returning it. Gorgeous hardware but the same stupid old operating system from last decade.

Android is my first choice, but my employer won't install corporate email on it. So I went with a 4S. Spent 24 hours with it, and it's alright. But Apple's limitations are really annoying if you are a power user. You're limited to a few ringtones and integration with Google services is terrible.

On the positive site, the hardware is amazing (down the packaging), and Siri is an out of this world experience that I expect to get much, much better quickly. iMessage is a cool idea (it bypasses the carriers for SMS and MMS completely), but of course it's not compatible with Google Voice, so I turned it off.

I will wait for Android to pick up more steam and will probably jump ship again in the next year.

Last edited:

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I switched on Friday from a 9930. So far I like it but still not used to the keyboard. If anything will send me back it will be the keyboard.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I am moving from a Storm 2 to iPhone 4S. I can't stand the blackberry browser or even the Opera one. The apps stink and really the best thing I do with my BB aside from gmail is use the tether app on my laptop. That's the only thing I'll miss, but I hear you can jailbreak an iPhone to use a tether app.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Just left from a 2 year old BlackBerry Curve 8900. Used a few Android devices only to see how bad they are. Used my BB for the longest time. I miss nothing about it quite frankly.

alphasportstv

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I keep one of each (bb9800) since bb still does a few things i really like though the list is getting smaller:
- led status light (love it) (ios5 flash notifier thingie is pointless IMO )
- auto on-off ( still cant understand why apple or an app developer can't do this for iPhone ESP given its high battery consumption)
- compressed data for inexpensive intl roaming

I inevitably switch back and forth several times a month since I have an interchangeable data plan. Currently on iPhone since I'm really liking the new lock screen notifiers

blakeberry

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
have had blackberry's since the 7250. Been on Verizon and although I was out of contract on the storm 1, I waited for the next iphone which turned out to be the 4s. I am looking forward to it. I still have a BlackBerry 9800 for work. It's a good phone and works for all I need it too. That being said, I am looking forward to the 4s. I am familiar with iphones and android since my boys have had them. They both want the 4s too.

chrisvee

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Left my good ol' 9700 for the iPhone 4S. Well, the actual order was a little different due to a bet I made with the girlfriend. 9700 -> Old Sony Ericsson phone -> iPhone 4S 16GB Black. :)

adamkesher

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Counting the seconds until I can smash this Blackberry Curve 8530 on the concrete, office space style, and replace it with a white 32GB iPhone 4S on Sprint, never to use or even recommend any RIM product to anyone, ever. Only thing stopping me is everyone is sold out right now, though I just bought Apple TV to tide me over until I get the phone.

Oh...and I was dumb enough to buy the Playbook when it was $500, still getting over that ordeal.

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Old BB Storm owner and now new iPhone 4S owner

I was a BB user for over 4 yrs and happily left BB for my new and first iPhone 4S yesterday. I will never go back to BB............the difference is day and night. The BB is super slow, the apps stink, and I had constant rebooting problems and then don't forget the service outages. I have to say I do miss the blinking notification light but for everything else the iPhone does, I will get over it...............and the typing is sooooo much easier on the iPhone...........

IndoX

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
and the typing is sooooo much easier on the iPhone...........
This. A million times this. Coming from blackberry and being used to the physical keyboard I was dreading the idea of typing on a touchscreen. Surprisingly enough it is SO easy to type on the iphone... I probably type faster than I ever did on my blackberry.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW