So I got an iPhone 4S today, and I cannot get my custom ringtones on my new phone! I used Audacity to convert my mp3 ringtones to .m4a, then renamed the extension to .m4r (at least that is what Mr. Internet said to do), but I cannot get them added to iTunes! I have double-clicked them and they play just fine in iTunes, I have tried to drag them into the Ringtones folder, I have tried to manually add the RIngtones folder into iTunes. Nothing. FRUSTRATING.

Anyone have any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

TIA.

Sean
    10-14-2011 03:57 PM
    10-14-2011 04:27 PM
    So I got an iPhone 4S today, and I cannot get my custom ringtones on my new phone! I used Audacity to convert my mp3 ringtones to .m4a, then renamed the extension to .m4r (at least that is what Mr. Internet said to do), but I cannot get them added to iTunes! I have double-clicked them and they play just fine in iTunes, I have tried to drag them into the Ringtones folder, I have tried to manually add the RIngtones folder into iTunes. Nothing. FRUSTRATING.

Anyone have any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

TIA.

Sean
    in the syncing tabs of itunes make sure you select that you want to sync ringtones
    10-14-2011 04:29 PM
    i got my mom a 4s to start learning on, cannot get customized ringtones installed, spent almost 2hrs. My Blackberry Z10 took a [redacted] 4sec to install and set the ringtone. Will never give up my smartphone for a dumbphone...
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 10-12-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: removed offensive language
    10-12-2013 01:19 AM
    Everyone has a choice to use what ever works best for them,
    10-12-2013 02:05 AM
    i got my mom a 4s to start learning on, cannot get customized ringtones installed, spent almost 2hrs. My Blackberry Z10 took a [redacted] 4sec to install and set the ringtone. Will never give up my smartphone for a dumbphone...
    Hop on over to the iMore blog side of life... find and follow the available tutorial(s) on custom ringtones...
    10-12-2013 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD