anybody notice how hot the 4s gets

spizike2389

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it some what constantly on and off and it seems to get pretty hot when used or charging on my macbook but it also cools down pretty quickly idk its strange my iPhone 4 never got this hot but it also wasn't this fast

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine seemed to be pretty hot when it was downloading all my apps this morning. I'm not sure if thats different though, I've had a case on my 4 since day one.

spizike2389

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I did it does get hot but not as quickly but the phone does seem to get pretty hot with constant use on wifi like my hands getting moist while using it no big deal but just something that lets me know the processors working hard I guess

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't charging it while using it cause the processor to get hot anyway? I know my iphone 4 gets toasty when wall charging and im searching facebook/twitter or playing games.

Damon

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I just made the switch from Android to the iPhone 4S and my phone is getting hot just by sending texts, turning wifi and an occasional phone call or two. My battery started at 68% and its now 29% after 4 hours. I have the white 64G. Its an amazing phone so smooth and no random reboots like my old thunderbolt, any hints?

spizike2389

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
i know under realistic usage instead of constantly using it while it being brand new will show better battery life but i do see that it gets hot easily and from my experience with android the hotter the phone the faster the battery drain

edit: it does seem to cool off extremely fast tho after putting it on the charger for like 2 minutes it wasn't even warm any more i guess the a5 processor is working extra hard maybe its good apple under clocked it

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine got a little warm when it was being setup and also when i sync'ed it with iTunes and loaded everything on it...since then, its been cool as a cucumber.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
my phone got pretty darn hott synching it with my computer. the 4s was just as hott as my mackbook. :( I hope this doesn't happen with everyday usage.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
The original iPhone 4 got just as hot. I'm pretty impressed with its power use. I am only just now charging it after 5 hours of almost constant use.

But yeah, iPhone 4 always got hot for me - this one is really no more or less.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
My 4S never got hot and I restored it from a backup of my 4 that had about 700 songs a few movies and too may apps to count. Maybe it has something to do with batches or where they were made.