ringtones/notifications

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
hi, how do i load my ringtones/notifications sounds from my desktop computer to my new iphone? thanks

you need to have the ringtones in itunes as ringtones to load them on the phone.. and most sounds on the iphone are not changeable with your own tones.. ie email

text messages you can change to apples pre determined ones

you can use your own ringtone as a ringer but thats about it

ericizzy1

May 17, 2011
Visit site
you need to have the ringtones in itunes as ringtones to load them on the phone.. and most sounds on the iphone are not changeable with your own tones.. ie email

got it, but for the love of god, i cant figure out how to "you need to have the ringtones in itunes as ringtones"
can you help me? thanks

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
They have to be in the right format, m4r, then iTunes will automatically import them as ringtones and in iOS 5, you can customize email alert and such.

Mistress of Mischief

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
They have to be in the right format, m4r, then iTunes will automatically import them as ringtones and in iOS 5, you can customize email alert and such.

Mistress of Mischief

you can? I have been waiting for this for years.. didnt upgrade my iPhone 4 to the ios5 because im getting the 4s today..

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

That is not true. In iOS 5, any ringtone on your phone can be used for any notification: calls, texts, emails, tweets, calendar reminders, etc.

To get it done, the ringtone must be an .M4A formatted audio file, but you must rename the extension to M4R. Then drag it to your iTunes and sync.

There are a lot of utilities around to create the ringtones.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
That is not true. In iOS 5, any ringtone on your phone can be used for any notification: calls, texts, emails, tweets, calendar reminders, etc.

To get it done, the ringtone must be an .M4A formatted audio file, but you must rename the extension to M4R. Then drag it to your iTunes and sync.

There are a lot of utilities around to create the ringtones.

thanks but someone already told me look up in the thread

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iRingtones on a Mac works fine and dandy. I can take any ol' mp3 I've chopped up with Audacity, run it thru iRingtones, and it just works.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't get this to work at all. I rename the extension to m4r, drag it to itunes, synch it on my phone and it only comes up as music and not a ringtone.

kellyp513

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten all the ringtones synched and on my phone, but when I assign one to a contact the tone doesn't play.

Any suggestions?

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
does the contact name show up when they call? - just make sure to always include the area code or the phone cant tell who it is...

kellyp513

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, my post wasn't very clear. Even though the tones are showing up in my ringtones folder in itunes and on my phone, they won't play (either in itunes or when I preview them on my phone). They are in the correct format, yet they won't play. I didn't have any trouble with them working on my 3GS.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox