Activation issues? (Any carrier)

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So I get my phone, I'm trying to activate with AT&T it and it takes a few minutes and then I get a message saying that they were unable to complete my activation, something about not able to connect to the server and they will e-mail me when I can continue to set up my phone...

I am tying this now for a 3rd attempt.

This is not going well so far.

Anyone else getting this issue?

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So I get my phone, I'm trying to activate with AT&T it and it takes a few minutes and then I get a message saying that they were unable to complete my activation, something about not able to connect to the server and they will e-mail me when I can continue to set up my phone...

I am tying this now for a 3rd attempt.

This is not going well so far.

Anyone else getting this issue?

To be exact it says:

"Your activation is still pending. You will receive an email notification once your activation is complete. We're sorry, there was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later."

UGH. 3rd time with this now!

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened to phones last year... I am expecting that it will clear up for you.

Thanks, but still annoyed. I had to wait overnight because AT&T couldn'd validate my eligiblity for the upgrade when I went to order from Apple last week... They are doing all they can to convince me I should have switched carriers...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Their servers are likely getting crushed right now with all the activations. Relax and just wait. It will be activated before you know it. This happens every year, nothing new some get activated faster than others.

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I think it finally worked. I'm doing the sync restore now so I can't check, but my old one has no service and I see the 3G on my new one, so that must mean it's transferred over. I hope!

Gushue

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It says that it well send me an email when my activation is complete. Will they send it to the email address associated with the ATT account? Or the email associated with my order and Apple ID? Anyone know?

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Same deal here. Very frustrating. I had this happen when I got my 3GS but atleast you got to the running IOS and at that point I just swapped sims and it worked until they activated the other sim 24 or more hours later. But with this you can't get past activation.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
How are Sprint activations going?

Do you need to use Itunes to activate on Sprint, or can you do it through the Sprint website or by calling into Sprint??

Waiting anxiously for UPS to arrive.:) They usually get here late afternoon when Itunes will likely be slammed.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Do you need to use Itunes to activate on Sprint, or can you do it through the Sprint website or by calling into Sprint??

Waiting anxiously for UPS to arrive.:) They usually get here late afternoon when Itunes will likely be slammed.

you shouldn't need itunes to activate...

!BigTex71

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My new Verizon-based 4S arrived and I am having trouble activating. Appears the activation servers are getting hammered, but I expected that. Screen keeps saying activation failed and to try again in a few minutes. I will oblige.

Last edited:

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I have been waiting for 3 hours so far. Got my phone at 10AM and it is 1PM and still no activation. If I trusted that I would get an email and it would be activated, I would calm down.

We are leaving on vacation in the AM and I would like to get it going before I depart!!

Oh the perils of the early adopters!

pokey318

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I give up on the activation for the time being. This is worst that waiting for UPS to deliver the darn thing. :eek:

Maybe it will be easier this afternoon, although I am not holding my breath on that!!

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I tried about 8 times. I dont think you need to do it over and over again. Once your request goes through, it happens automatically. I was on my ninth try, then got a phone call on my Iphone 4 so I stopped at "enable location services". Five minutes into my phone call, the call dropped and I had no service. Came back to my Iphone 4s and it was activated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods