Activation issues? (Any carrier)

anon(727440)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if this was a coincidence or not, but after trying to activate my phone for approximately 6 hours, I turned it off for about a minute and turned it back on. It activated on the first try with the 3g connection.

Reactions: kato10#IM

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried activating on my own this morning. It arrived shortly before 10 AM. After about 3 hours of waiting I just said the hell with it and went to the AT&T store. They were able to activate it for me. I'd imagine the swarms of people trying to activate their phones at the same time might have contributed to my difficulties.

What was truly funny, though, is that when I was being assisted at the AT&T store, my information never got loaded into the computer from their queueing system, so the lady was looking at the information for some guy named David. I don't know how she managed to not notice that I was, in fact, not David, especially after I handed her my ID. Needless to say, I ordered from Apple so apparently the activation process was doomed from the start. She ended up giving me a new SIM card. But since she had the wrong phone number and was thus working with the wrong account info, she ended up totally wiping out poor David's SIM card. I'd imagine he'll probably be making a trip to the store sooner rather than later.

kato10#IM

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this was a coincidence or not, but after trying to activate my phone for approximately 6 hours, I turned it off for about a minute and turned it back on. It activated on the first try with the 3g connection.

You know what??? I don't know if it is a coincidence or not either but I thought I would try this too...AND IT WORKED!!! Thanks!!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
After failing the first 4 attempts, I went on to other things... came back an hour later and it activated the first attempt. Life is good.

My advice: just be patient. And don't believe all the posts about issue with your SIM, account provisioning or any of that... the servers are just flat buried in traffic and requests.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I ended up going to the ATT store tonight after over 10 hours of trying. It took them a while too. What actually worked was them taking out the SIM card it came with, putting in a new one, restarting, the computer finally registered my SIM that it came with. They popped it out, replaced it with my original, back in business.

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well sounds like I am the only one that has experienced this problem. So when I first got it gave me the same error everyone else was having, so I decided to call ATT and see if they could do something to give it a push. Well this representative asked for my imei and ICCID and then she updated in the system and told me to try and again and it would work.....well needless to say it made things worse. It says that my SIM card does not match the one of my account. Neither Apple nor AT&T are 100% sure whats wrong and keep telling me to wait. This is ridiculous!

pokey318

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Twice I have had my phone say there was no sim, when of course there was. The first time was while I was still on with AT&T, so she had me pull the sim and make sure the number was the same on the sim as I had read her from the box, which it was. When I put the sim back in, the phone recognized it.

It happened again a few hours later; pulled the sim again and it started working. I am hoping it isn't a bad sim or the tray that hold the sim. I will give it a few days and if it continues to happen, I will try getting the sim switched first and then the phone if needed.

kberry66

Aug 4, 2008
Visit site
It took me HOURS of trying and trying. I finally turned it off and back on and also plugged it into iTunes to try that. After two or three tries it FINALLY activated!!!

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
It tools 3.5 hours to activate mine but when it finally went through, everything else was a breeze. Love the phone and love IOS5 too!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2