Happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

Are you happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

• Total voters

Dezdon#IM

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
:( My Cons:
1. Headphones sound muffled and like the highs are not clear enough
2. Emailing is a PITA with no way of adding attachments once in an email:confused: why the heck can I only select 5 pics to email but can select way more to mms wtf? Also pics are then forced into the body of my email which is not what I want.
3. Volume doesn't change on the fly it takes a few sec to catch up
4. No Navigation integrated to the best search engine/maps ever Google
5. No Google Reviews for places when searched in the Google Maps App(I love reviews)
6. No In app menus with lots of options like Android has is a big bummer for me
7. No Individual Sound volume adjustment in a menu somewhere
8. Cant turn Vibrate off for certain things like Alarm Clock, its all or nothing(stupid)
9. Apps take much longer to download than with my previous android for some reason
10. Inability to tell which number someone text me from if they have multiple numbers in my contacts list
11. Unable to tell if phone is charging properly without getting up and pushing a button due to no notification led(helpful at night when going to bed)
12. No Text Re-wrap on zoom is a huge negative
13. NO SD CARD is a design flaw imo
14. NO BACK BUTTON is highly annoying. I have managed to work my way into a corner a few times and without the ability to put my "car in reverse" so to speak I cant just back up but instead need to go all the way back to the home screen and all the way back to where I was:mad:
15. PRICE There is a reason that Apple is making the most profit of anybody and its because they charge ridiculous amounts for everything and never give their trusty customer a break. wow I'm starting to sound more ticked off the more I type lol. I would love to like the phone but its too hard to.

Hi, I am planning to purchase the 4s very soon. I have never owned an iPhone. I am a Blackberry Bold 9650 user but have noticed no love for Blackberry by heavy hitters in the industry for new app's (like Yamaha music controller apps) anymore,..everythings gone iPhone or Android. (Verizon salesman was pushing the Android at me yesterday, saying its at the top now). Ive only played with the iPhone a few times in a store.
In your posting above you mentioned "no back button" . is this for the os navigation or web browsing?
You mentioned no SD card. Wow, so if I buy a 16 gig iPhone, thats all the memory the phone has period..... for the os, pictures, video, mp3's, app's etc? Anyone run out yet? On my Blackberry I have like 400 pictures, 100 + songs, a few videos, and 20 app's maybe..am I at risk with that size (16gig)
Im also sick of my slow web browsing on my Bold and the key pad. By the way, can you make the buttons that you text message with...larger on the iPhone? I know you can make "text" bigger, but was wondering about the texting key pad buttons. The phone dialing keys are larger I noticed.
Do you think the speed of web browsing on the display iPhone 4s is enhanced (boosted) at a Verizon or Best Buy store? Or is it really that fast on the web?
Thanks
-Dez

msiphone

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
new to iphone from blackberry for 6 years. Can't figure out how to send email with it being from an 'alias' email address (primarily work email) any suggestions? I also miss being able to attach anything to my email... guess it is something that I will have to just get used to.

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
new to iphone from blackberry for 6 years. Can't figure out how to send email with it being from an 'alias' email address (primarily work email) any suggestions? I also miss being able to attach anything to my email... guess it is something that I will have to just get used to.

To answer your second question you can always download those "file manager" apps. I used iFiles before and it worked pretty good but if you want the best out there I would suggest jail breaking it and getting iFile - from the Cydia store- and that lets you email anything and everything even unzip extract .rar files and a bunch of other useful tools.

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Very happy so far. Got my 4S today. Switched from at&t where I had every smartphone they offered over the past few years. My last was an iPhone 4. My 4S seems quicker and more responsive. Instead of posting my list of pros and cons....I know there is no perfect device. There are always things that I wish would be a little different. I was going to get a RAZR Maxx and glue it back to back with the 4S, but my wife said no.

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Let me just say that it feels good to be back.

This is my first iPhone since the 3GS, and I loved the hell out of that phone. The only reason I ended up ditching it was because my parents wanted to switch to T-Mobile. Well, I went to Verizon instead, and I've been switching phones ever since. Went from the Blackbery Storm 2, to the original Droid, to the Droid X, to the Blackberry Bold 9930 and finally to the Razr, which I had for literally a day.

For whatever reason I've been avoiding coming back to the iPhone, I don't know why, considering I loved my 3GS so much.

Well, finally went back to Apple two days ago after not finding gadget bliss within Android and Blackberry. I gotta say, it's feels great to be back. I forgot how much I loved the iPhone. It's just perfect for/too me.

It also helps that I've been looking for a damn good camera on a phone, and this is the best one out there in my opinion.

I know I've said it two times already, but I'm gonna say it again... Damn, it feels good to be back.

lfurlong

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Let me just say that it feels good to be back.

This is my first iPhone since the 3GS, and I loved the hell out of that phone. The only reason I ended up ditching it was because my parents wanted to switch to T-Mobile. Well, I went to Verizon instead, and I've been switching phones ever since. Went from the Blackbery Storm 2, to the original Droid, to the Droid X, to the Blackberry Bold 9930 and finally to the Razr, which I had for literally a day.

For whatever reason I've been avoiding coming back to the iPhone, I don't know why, considering I loved my 3GS so much.

Well, finally went back to Apple two days ago after not finding gadget bliss within Android and Blackberry. I gotta say, it's feels great to be back. I forgot how much I loved the iPhone. It's just perfect for/too me.

It also helps that I've been looking for a damn good camera on a phone, and this is the best one out there in my opinion.

I know I've said it two times already, but I'm gonna say it again... Damn, it feels good to be back.
I also switched from Blackberry and Android. I went through pretty much all of the Blackberries on T-Mobile and then a few of their Androids. I started traveling with work so I wasn't getting great service with T-Mobile on the road. My company gets a discount with Verizon so I switched. I tried numerous Android phones with Verizon (Incredible 2, Droid X, Droid X2, Thunderbolt, Revolution and Droid Charge. Ahhh the beauty of Craigslist. I finally decided to try the iPhone and I fell in love. I got the iPhone 4 first and then sold it and got the 4s when it came out, mostly just to play with Siri. She's helpful but also fun to ask off the wall questions. I find Siri most helpful in texting when I don't have my hands free to type and to get directions somewhere in the car. I use Waze for navigation. It's a great app.

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am planning to purchase the 4s very soon. I have never owned an iPhone. I am a Blackberry Bold 9650 user but......
-Dez

No Problem Dez. I also came from a 9650 before my Android by the way lol. The Back Button is a touch sensitive button Androids have along the bottom of the phone that allows you to back up one step from whatever it was you just did, whether using an App or in a setting menu somewhere or other instances. They also have a Home Button that no matter what you are doing or where you are with a push of it it takes you right back to your home screen. Much the same way your Blackberry had a Back Button and a Home Button(Curved Arrow to the RH side of the Optical Pad and the Red Phone Hangup Button). The Physical button on the iPhone is mostly just single featured thing, a Home Button. In a few rare instances it has taken me back one step before though. Most Apps have a back button built in along the top of the screen which is a click-able software button, but I have only had my iPhone just over 2 weeks now and have already ran into a corner a few times where there was no backing up one step but instead I had to push the home button which took me all the way back to the home screen and then I had to tediously make my way back to where I was( i know I'm lazy lol but hey its a smart phone they are meant to make things easier for you:D). There is a work around for the SD Card issue I believe. Apple now has "Cloud Storage" that you can use for free but I dont know all that much about it. I have found that you cant move apps to cloud like you could with a sd card on Android, You also cant pull you cloud out and stick it in a photo print center or computer like you can with an sd card to print pictures or open them on a PC lol. As far as making the buttons bigger on an iPhone nope :( Apple wont allow you to change things like this. You can download hundreds of different keyboards with Android including a Swipe Keyboard which is more natural in my opinion once you get used to it. Both Android and iPhone offer voice to text which works very well and is easy to use. As far as browsing speeds go.... they are actually FASTER out of the store from what I found. Most of the phones at the stores are pretty clogged up from tons of people using them. Although I have many points about the iPhone that bug me its only because I had an Android which was lots more flexible, but the iPhone is still a very nice and i would say more dependable phone. Its more what suits you but coming from Black Berry an iPhone would be an easier jump than an Android.

Reactions: Dezdon#IM

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember if I posted before about how I felt about the iPhone. I too came over from Android. The Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G, was my first smartphone. 3 years ago I never even thought about getting a smartphone as I wasn't that into technology and what not. I loved my Epic......for a week. Then I began experiencing major lag, tons of force closes, and a few random reboots. Then I read up on rooting. Boy did that make a difference. But most of the ROM's I threw at it just weren't stable enough and I still had force closes. I liked being rooted because I could load up different themes whenever I wanted to and overclock it. But that got boring. Then I heard the iPhone was coming to Sprint! As soon as Apple announced they were doing pre-orders I jumped right on that. I had always envied friends who had the iPhone. I know that iOS isn't very customizable unless your jailbroken but that didnt bother me. I had played with friends iPhone's and loved the look of the OS and how fluid everything ran. I received my iPhone on launch day and couldn't be happier. I haven't even thought once to jail break it. It runs so smoothly and I haven't had any force closes on anything (knock on wood). This is the happiest I've ever been with a device. Android is great and while it may be flexible, as in customizations and what you can do with it, the experience is ruined after about a month due to constant lag, force closes, etc... But I can honestly see me sticking with iOS from now on. They got it right.

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely love my iPhone....was always a Blackberry user....and could never think of going back to anything else after being spoiled with the iPhone.....Love it!:D

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, very much so

I,ve gone back and fourth between Apple, Windows, BlackBerry and Android phones since the first smart "devices" came out. Apple products have always had the upper hand on their devices.

After jumping ship when th G1 came out, I bounced back and fourth between the iPhone 3 & 3GS and various Android devices (even a couple BB's) and I always found myself going back to iOS.

My wife just got her new Android device (the Amaze on T-Mobile) and I have beed playing around with it for a couplle of days. I have to say that I'm very impressed with it. Blazing fast, beautiful screen and nice form function. The only thing that steer's me away from Android is how buggy it is.

Anyhow, I'm very happy with my 4S. :D

MM13

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
It's been a week and a half that i own my iphone 4s. Coming from a blackberry curve 8530, Ive not regret my purchase. Im not even going back to blackberry. The iphone had everything i wanted and even more. The touch screen is really accurate when i text and surprisingly i dont miss having a keyboard.

jscott1026

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I got my 4s last Friday and this will be my third different OS. Did the Blackberry thing for 3 yeas the jumped to Windows and landed on Android a little over a year ago with a Droid2. I loved the Droid but what a difference OMG. This thing is amazing. It seems to me like all the apps I had on my Droid were the Step Children of the apps I now have on my 4s. They all work so much better. I do wish there was more of a Back type Button verse having to go to the Home Screen all the time. Other than that I can not complain. Officially a Iphone and apple fan now.

Titanium06

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Well this is my first Iphone for that matter my first smart phone.
The learning curve was very easy for all the options they have just studying this forum for the hints and tricks on using it to full potential.
Sure glad I found this place to hang my hat.

vaytan

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I have been using iPhone since 3g. I had the 4 and decided I wanted to try a droid phone for a little.... I lasted 5 months and now im back on iphone 4s. And thank GOD ! iOS just feels so much more polished.

Wanted to hug my iPhone when i got it. :D

stillriza

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I've gone through a couple Android devices, a WP7 and now a 4s and must say I am completely satisfied. The apps just work so much better than any other platform. They are always fluid and smooth!

junebug72

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
very happy with iphone 4s coming from epic 4g touch. ill be first to say i never even considered iphone but sprint didnt exactly have anything i could choose from so bought iphone. gotta say 14 days of owning it i am amazed how simple it is to operate and havent had to reset it yet. last phone seemed like it was a weekly thing. now if i could just convince the wife :):):)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2