View Poll Results: Are you happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

Voters
641. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

591 92.20%
  • No

50 7.80%
    absolutely freaking happy that I bought it!
    10-20-2011 01:41 AM
    Completely happy. In Fact, at first I was rather disappointed with the idea of the iPhone 4S. Now, that I have it in my hands, IT'S AMAZING. Siri is fast and very responsive. The phone is MUCH faster than before. The pictures are amazing. I can't believe there's this much of a difference between them. Especially with the underwhelming launch.
    Read your writing, I also want an iPhone4S, however we will have at the end of 2011, it is frustrating.
    10-20-2011 05:24 AM
    I am coming from a blackberry, and then a couple of Android devices. The last was the Droid x, and that was probably the longest I have ever kept a single phone, I really liked it. I am happy with the 4S, I wouldn't say that its head and shoulders above Android because both have things that I like. The notifications on the X seemed faster, and I liked the larger screen. The iPhone is smoother, less lag, and I think the screen looks nicer. Siri is great and I do not really need all of the customization anymore, simple is good right now.
    DANNCAS likes this.
    10-20-2011 06:26 AM
    Coming from an EVO 4G, I am somewhat happy.

There were tradeoffs in switching from Android to iOS. I see great stuff in both systems.
    DANNCAS likes this.
    10-20-2011 08:17 AM
    I haven't even got mine in the mail yet but I know I'll be happy. Apple doesn't disappoint
    10-20-2011 09:55 AM
    Very happy here. Moved from Pre and webOS to Sprint iPhone 4S 32GB. Missing some of the things that I had become accustomed to like cards and swiping between apps, but I'm getting used to the "new" way of doing things. I do wish that I didn't have to use Google to sync between my iBook G4, but I am on OSX 10.4.11 and neither iCloud nor the updated iTunes play with Tiger, but I picked up software to sync address book and calendar to Google for my Pre and I don't plan to move to a newer laptop anytime soon (this 6 year old ibook does everything that I need it to do).

Again, very pleased with the total experience. Still figuring out how to do some things, but the learning curve is not too bad.
    sorli likes this.
    10-20-2011 01:30 PM
    I have gone through 6 different Android devices. None of them ever felt right. iPhone just feels right. 4s is zippy, quality and works pretty well. It's not perfect and there are a few things I miss like turn-by-turn gps for free but the complaints are minor compared to the benefits. I do wish the screen was bigger though.
    Try Waze from the app store for turn by turn. Not sure how it works everywhere but here in South Florida it works tremendously.
    sorli likes this.
    10-20-2011 03:21 PM
    The only thing thats been holding me back was my great corporate plan on Sprint. Didnt want to give that up. Powered up right out of the box and was connected to my AirRave (A Samsung cell router connected to my LAN).

Address book, iTunes library, even ringtones are working. Ported over about 200 apps from my iPad. Not a single glitch- except that my WifFi history did not convey. That seems to be a lapse, or Im missing something.
    10-20-2011 03:47 PM
    I am very happy, I went from the 4 to the 4S, and love it. Siri is unbelievable. I encourage everyone to get one! Apple has done it again
    10-21-2011 08:40 AM
    I'm very happy with my new phone but some times it doesn't seem like a new phone because it looks exactuly the same. But that's good, no need to buy all new cases.
    10-21-2011 10:28 AM
    The only thing I miss from my EVO is Sprint Navigation by Telenav. If there is a way to get Siri to provide turn by turn directions from Google Maps somehow, that would take care of it. I tried the free Telenav app from the App store, but it kept crashing and Google maps doesn't talk (unless I'm missing something). And I hate to say this, but I miss the NASCAR SPRINT CUP MOBILE APP. Yes, I'm a NASCAR fan and auto racing in general, but if one of the other racing series has an App, that would definitely fill that void.

Other than that, I'm still VERY pleased with the iPhone 4S. All I need now is an Otterbox Defender case and I'm set.
    10-21-2011 11:15 AM
    So far I'm a pretty happy camper with the phone.... So is my wife as she got one as well....
    I had the original Droid and my wife had a Blackberry Storm II. Android has gotten into the habit of over updating their OS and I'm starting to think that Blackberry has all but totally surrendered...
    10-21-2011 02:35 PM
    This is my first Iphone and I can tell you coming from a Droid Charge, the Iphone is far superior. Wow what a camera on this unit.. and speed is unbeleivable.. Now if i can just figure out what apps i need ..I will be in heaven ..
    10-21-2011 02:54 PM
    I just dumped my Drone. I made a list of the useful aps I had on the other phone and that gave me a good starting point for the iphone. Some are actually on both...
    10-21-2011 02:59 PM
    I love it should of stayed with att though. Sprint speeds suck.
    10-21-2011 08:45 PM
    I love it should of stayed with att though. Sprint speeds suck.
    Why did you switch?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-21-2011 10:56 PM
    Apple says " I'll be happy."
    First Apple anything. Sprint 64 gig White (Don't like the white)
    Moving from Webos to IOS. Not sure what to think yet!
    What's wrong with white? Ordered mine in white wanting something different and just curious why you don't like it? Sorli...
    10-22-2011 01:57 AM
    Not a single vote yet for "not happy". That's pretty impressive.
    I came from a BB torch which I love very much. Then in the last three weeks I had a Samsung galaxy II
    The Galaxy is FAST VERY FAST some what faster then Iphone. The camara is great just like the Iphone and the Screen is Huge. But for some reason I'm not happy with Android system. I know the Android fanboy in the forums are rude too. It very hard to use with on hand and talk and look up calenders at the same time is dam impossiable. The voice talk and tap leave something to be desred. so that why I'm giving the Iphone a chance. had a 3G for a week and took it back and got another BB.
    10-22-2011 02:20 PM
    I have to wait till the #0th of next month. Can't wait to get it, though.
    10-22-2011 04:16 PM
    The 4S is awesome. I am so glad I made the switch from the EVO. The only thing I'm missing is Sprint Navigation/Telenav. I find a decent navigation app and I'm set.
    10-23-2011 01:22 AM
    The 4S is awesome. I am so glad I made the switch from the EVO. The only thing I'm missing is Sprint Navigation/Telenav. I find a decent navigation app and I'm set.
    Navigon is really good, but it's $59.99
    There is also TomTom which is around the same price I believe.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    10-23-2011 02:00 AM
    Wonderful great phone. I came from an iPhone 3G and this phone is sooo much faster. Love it.
    10-23-2011 02:40 AM
    Loving my 4S. Coming from a BlackBerry Torch 9800 that I bought last year, the 4S makes the 9800 look 4 years old. Just love this phone!
    10-23-2011 08:14 AM
    Im very Happy with my iPHONE4S 64gb I got lucky yesterday because its basically sold out everywhere in Florida if you didnt pre-order it
    10-23-2011 10:22 AM
    Up from 32gb iPhone 4, to 64 gb 4s. Absolutely happy with the upgrade, mostly for the added space (1080 videos) and the upgraded camera.

Siri hasn't fully sunk in yet for me, but I'm looking forward to updates having it more integrated and working with other apps.

I also use Navigon, yes it was expensive for an app but less than a full stand alone gps. The best things with Navigon are street names spoken and that it works off just your gps and will not crap out like google maps when you loose your data network.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.257764,-94.350399
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-23-2011 10:55 AM
437 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD