View Poll Results: Are you happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

Voters
641. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

591 92.20%
  • No

50 7.80%
    Extremely happy
    01-18-2012 06:08 PM
    coming from android for over 2 years.... never will go back to android.... iphone 4s is the best phone
    01-19-2012 09:31 AM
    Apple says " I'll be happy."
    First Apple anything. Sprint 64 gig White (Don't like the white)
    Moving from Webos to IOS. Not sure what to think yet!
    NYC_ROCK: What do you think of your iphone 4s now? I'm just like you. I've never had a Apple anything. I've had palm smartphones ever since their first one. I still have my original Palm Pre and it's still working great. But, I'm planning on getting the iphone 4s with my Christmas booty. What do you think now that you've had your phone for awhile??
    01-19-2012 08:58 PM
    NYC_ROCK: What do you think of your iphone 4s now? I'm just like you. I've never had a Apple anything. I've had palm smartphones ever since their first one. I still have my original Palm Pre and it's still working great. But, I'm planning on getting the iphone 4s with my Christmas booty. What do you think now that you've had your phone for awhile??
    I am like you. I have always had Palm smartphones but my Pre was wearing out and I had to move on. I did my research and went with the iPhone 4s. I love it. I do miss the elegant interface of webOS, but I don't miss the "too many cards" error. I never have a slow down or crash with the iPhone. It is a nice experience. I say go for it. You'll be happy.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.467846,-118.812792
    01-19-2012 09:50 PM
    This is my first Apple device. Love it. Came from BlackBerry, and I don't know how RIM is going to stay in business much longer. I've been telling my friends, "It's like going from a Model T to a Ferrari!"

There are some little things that bug me, but overall definitely worth it!
    01-20-2012 12:42 PM
    Went to the Apple store to pick up my 4s on rogers! I love this phone! I had a blackberry curve 8520 before and this blows the curve out of the water! never going back to bb again!
    01-23-2012 10:26 AM
    I was not happy at first because of the awkwardness of using a touch screen. After using it for a while it became easier and I'm very happy with it now.
    01-23-2012 03:14 PM
    Loving it! Battery life could be better tho >.>
    01-27-2012 02:14 PM
    I am not at all happy with the new iPhone 4S. The thing that i really didnt like is

1. the design

2. The UI.

3. SIRI must be much better.

4. The same functions as 4.

IT would be better if i haven't sold my 4 to get 4S.

nikon coolpix cameras | upcoming tablets 2012
    So let me get this straight, you had a iPhone 4 which basically looks the same as the 4S and you didn't like the design or the UI and you still bought the 4S knowing the differences or lack there of?
    01-27-2012 02:18 PM
    My company bought mine, so Super Happy ;-)
    01-27-2012 03:16 PM
    I have to say that I'm very happy with the 4S. While I've been using Apple products for a few years, this is my first iPhone.

For the past few years, I'd been using Android phones. While there are things about Android that I like compared to the iPhone, I'm much happier with the iPhone.

Battery life has been fine for me. I can get through a day with both Bluetooth and WiFi on, listening to podcasts a couple of hours a day, phone calls, some games, downloading new podcasts, web surfing, and have more than 50% battery life left when I get home. With my last Android phone, it would be down to 28% battery about halfway through the day - and that's with an extended battery, no downloading, and no gaming. (Actually, none of my Android phones got this kind of battery life.)

It took me a while to pull the trigger on the 4S. Ultimately, I just got tired of carrying two devices (a Touch and my Android) in order to have both a phone and a media device.

Currently, it's a stock, unlocked phone (jailbreaking isn't out of the question) running on T-Mobile.
    01-31-2012 03:19 PM
    I am more than satisfied with mine. The 4S is completely different from any previous versions. Its upgrades blew my mind. Love everything about it except the battery, it could be a bit better. And not to mention endless list of accessories available out there. Recently I've bought Fostex Audio Interface I in the studio. It is just perfect. Would recommend it to all.
    02-01-2012 04:11 PM
    I just switched from android and so far I can't say I am having any second thoughts about the switch. I thought the smaller screen size and lack of widgets or customization out of box would annoy me, but after using the 4S I have found so much I really enjoy. The whole OS seems more fluid and smooth. It doesn't lag on me and everything just seems snappy. The keyboard is better than anything I used on android in my opinion and apps that I had on my android devices just look and work better, at least to me, on IOS. My only complaint so far is finding a good app for Gmail. I have been trying the official app and it's just okay. If anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.
    02-02-2012 11:52 PM
    The data speeds on at&t are crap. But they will improve once they start charging more on the usage. I like the phone as a whole, however, it eats data like a MFKR.
    02-03-2012 09:36 AM
    Happy enough, coming from a Sprint Pre2 (which is now my secondary phone). And happier still, now that I've jailbroken.
    02-05-2012 04:27 PM
    Tbh I ain't happy I preferred my iPhone 4 definently never had any issues compared to this I have swapped my 4S 3 times now first time my camera was dodgy second time my calls weren't connecting properly without putting it on loudspeaker first :/ and this time my foooookin home button isnt working when pressed? Lol

Sent from my ? iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ?
    02-05-2012 06:04 PM
    My second 4S is now one month old and I am still 100% satisfied with it. More so since jailbreaking it. Returning my first 4S to wait for the Factory Unlocked version from Apple was worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    02-06-2012 06:56 AM
    Upgraded from 3GS, was a bit confused between 4S & Galaxy Note.

But am happy, stuck with Apple. The feel of 4S in your hands is way off than holding any other device.
    02-06-2012 01:05 PM
    Yes, I am happy with my 4s. This is my first Apple phone, but I've been following Android and Apple devices closely the last two years waiting to get off my BlackBerry contract. I have not been disappointed!

To anyone who says that the battery life in the 4s is "terrible", my response is that there is something wrong with the setup on your phone. Turn down the brightness a little bit, and check to see if push notifications and location services are activated for 40 different apps that don't need them. Obviously, if those processes are running all day, your battery will drain faster. I only have Bluetooth on when I needed (which, admittedly, it would've been nice if they made it easier for you to turn it on and off). If you can't get through a workday on a single charge, then something is wrong. I basically charge the phone every night and the charge lasts the whole day. On some occasions, if I've been doing a ton of browsing or gaming where the screen stays on, then maybe I need to recharge it again. Really not a big deal.

I could see where an iPhone 4 user might have used an upgrade on this (or even, worse, paid the non-subsidized amount to get a 4s early) and feel betrayed. But I don't have that perspective. I came from a completely different phone, so the Apple ecosystem and hardware are new to me, and I love them.

Having said that, Siri does very little to me, and really can't be considered a "selling point" for the phone. The software is an "alpha" or "beta" at best, and Apple doesn't allow it to do commonsense things with your phone that you'd LIKE it to do. Huge potential there if they continue to work with it, but not there yet.

This is a great phone and operating system. I'm fairly confident I'll still be happy with it a year from now. And there are some common sense fixes they can make to the OS in future updates (photo stream, email mgmt, etc.) that would help even further.
    ruger141 likes this.
    02-06-2012 04:11 PM
    Happy happy
    02-07-2012 01:57 PM
    Has anyone mentioned how less impressive this phone would be if it wasn't for iPhone accessories? I think these accessories are what makes this phone being more than just a phone, even a smartphone. The mere phone is like a foundation of a building, it just gives it support, but only with additional stuff this phone shows its full uniqueness and glory, don't you think?
    02-08-2012 07:43 AM
    Just ordered my iPhone 4s today and hope that I'll get it on Friday..Right now I'm on Android but everything works so much better on iOS IMO
    02-08-2012 04:51 PM
    Happy with my iphone; not happy with Sprint's slow data service, and no 4g.
    02-08-2012 10:42 PM
    I wanted to be happy getting one and keep trying to be because of the small things I enjoy about it. But there are a lot of frustrating things about how limited it is, and annoyingly constrained ways of doing things are. All of that is starting to eat away at me and I am starting to get over the honeymoon effect. I have had it for 8 or 9 days now and am debating returning it within my 14 day grace period.
    Here are my observations in no particular order:

My Pros:
    1. Insanely fast email
    2. Highly Accurate and very smooth Keyboard
    3. streamlined auto correct works well
    4. VERY smooth touchscreen
    5. Premium solid feel makes me happy every time I hold it
    6. White to Black for night reading is very nice on the eyes
    7. Polished aesthetic UI with its cool little effects here and there.
    My Cons:
    1. Headphones sound muffled and like the highs are not clear enough
    2. Emailing is a PITA with no way of adding attachments once in an email why the heck can I only select 5 pics to email but can select way more to mms wtf? Also pics are then forced into the body of my email which is not what I want.
    3. Volume doesn't change on the fly it takes a few sec to catch up
    4. No Navigation integrated to the best search engine/maps ever Google
    5. No Google Reviews for places when searched in the Google Maps App(I love reviews)
    6. No In app menus with lots of options like Android has is a big bummer for me
    7. No Individual Sound volume adjustment in a menu somewhere
    8. Cant turn Vibrate off for certain things like Alarm Clock, its all or nothing(stupid)
    9. Apps take much longer to download than with my previous android for some reason
    10. Inability to tell which number someone text me from if they have multiple numbers in my contacts list
    11. Unable to tell if phone is charging properly without getting up and pushing a button due to no notification led(helpful at night when going to bed)
    12. No Text Re-wrap on zoom is a huge negative
    13. NO SD CARD is a design flaw imo
    14. NO BACK BUTTON is highly annoying. I have managed to work my way into a corner a few times and without the ability to put my "car in reverse" so to speak I cant just back up but instead need to go all the way back to the home screen and all the way back to where I was
    15. PRICE There is a reason that Apple is making the most profit of anybody and its because they charge ridiculous amounts for everything and never give their trusty customer a break. wow I'm starting to sound more ticked off the more I type lol. I would love to like the phone but its too hard to.
    Deu2e and jkmasi like this.
    02-09-2012 11:06 PM
    I am totally satisfied. I wish the screen were a bit larger sometimes.
    02-10-2012 12:25 AM
437 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD