I called UPS this morning to have my package held at their location because I will not be home to sign for my phone on Fri. They said they are unable to hold it because Sprint shipping rules will not allow it. Has anyone ran into this issue? Is there a work around so UPS will hold it for me.
    10-13-2011 09:19 AM
    I would see if someone could be home when ups comes or maybe go to ups website see if they can leave it on your porch or something.
    10-13-2011 09:22 AM
    Companies do this to prevent credit card fraud. They also stop package redirects and require your package is delivered to the billing address associated with your credit card.

There is generally no work around...
    10-13-2011 09:24 AM
    Usually I just leave a note on door if i can't be at home. It's no big deal. But yeah, if i'm ordering something that cost (or retails for) like 600-700, I usually try to be home for it.
    10-13-2011 09:31 AM
    Totally, I hope the note idea will work or maybe they could allow same day will call later in the day if the attempt was in the am. That would be awesome!
    10-13-2011 09:42 AM
    Check this out...not sure if its too late or not, but its an option if you still can...

Pre-Sign Forms (Apple.com Orders) - MacRumors Forums
    mister23 likes this.
    10-13-2011 09:43 AM
    The "work around" is to be home. Simple
    10-13-2011 09:55 AM
    Not always possible when the UPS guy comes during the day, you know, when most of us have to be at something called "work"
    RyzBerry likes this.
    10-13-2011 10:08 AM
    Hey MIKELOFTIN78. What a great suggestion. That solves my problem....
    10-13-2011 10:08 AM
    The way it worked whenever I would miss packages is there would be a number to call on the "sorry I missed you" notice and I'd call and they would hold the package then. A delivery attempt needed to be made first before they could hold it for pickup.
    10-13-2011 10:28 AM
    The "work around" is to be home. Simple
    This forum really needs an "Obvious response is obvious" button to go along with Thanks and Like...way to go bud! Award winning suggestion!
    Premium1 and jdavis22 like this.
    10-13-2011 10:29 AM
    The way it worked whenever I would miss packages is there would be a number to call on the "sorry I missed you" notice and I'd call and they would hold the package then. A delivery attempt needed to be made first before they could hold it for pickup.
    Yes, I am fairly certain they must make one attempt before they let you pick it up.

OP, you could ask a neighbor that is home to sign for it.
    10-13-2011 10:36 AM
    They do have to make 1 attempt, then you can pick it up at their facility...or like sting7 suggested have a neighbor sign, just leave a note for UPS to knock on their door...I've accepted computers & TV's for my neighbors because I work at home..
    10-13-2011 10:45 AM
    I know with fedex they leave a slip and then you can go pick it up after a certain amount of time which if ups does that maybe you could pick it up after work?
    10-13-2011 10:49 AM
    I know with fedex they leave a slip and then you can go pick it up after a certain amount of time which if ups does that maybe you could pick it up after work?
    UPS does the same thing, they leave a note on the door. The options are normally; in person signature required, sign the slip and they will leave it at the door the next day, or call a number and pick it up.
    10-13-2011 10:51 AM
    I have no problem with the one attempt if I am not home. But what sucks is they will be trying to deliver it on Fri which means I have to wait till Mon to get my phone if I miss the UPS guy.
    10-13-2011 11:05 AM
    Did you order through Apple's web site or Sprint? If you ordered through Apple there is an option to pre-sign for your phone. It's basically a document you print out, sign and leave on your door for the UPS person.
    10-13-2011 11:12 AM
    Did you order through Apple's web site or Sprint? If you ordered through Apple there is an option to pre-sign for your phone. It's basically a document you print out, sign and leave on your door for the UPS person.
    Check this out...not sure if its too late or not, but its an option if you still can...

Pre-Sign Forms (Apple.com Orders) - MacRumors Forums
    There's the link again in case anyone missed it...
    10-13-2011 11:15 AM
    The "Pre-Sign Option" lets you print out a letter that you can sign and stick to your front door so they will deliver it and just drop it off on your front step (or wherever you specify on the letter) without a signature.

If they already attempted a delivery when you were not home, you can also sign the UPS sheet they stuck to your door and when they do the next delivery attempt, they'll grab the UPS sheet (if you signed it) and drop off your package without you being there.
    Last edited by Netherscourge; 10-13-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    10-13-2011 11:15 AM
    If UPS tries to deliver the package tomorrow and no one is home, are their centers open on Saturday where you can go by and pick up the package or are they only open Monday thru Friday?
    10-13-2011 11:54 AM
    If UPS tries to deliver the package tomorrow and no one is home, are their centers open on Saturday where you can go by and pick up the package or are they only open Monday thru Friday?
    I think all of them are M-F...but call your local hub to find out for certain.
    10-13-2011 12:02 PM
    Can't believe this thread. It's as if you guys never had anything delivered before..
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-13-2011 12:13 PM
    Can't believe this thread. It's as if you guys never had anything delivered before..
    This!!!
    10-13-2011 12:19 PM
    LOL. this thread is funny. clear what you are doing tomorrow and sit at the house and wait for it. That is the best advice you can get.
    10-13-2011 12:42 PM
    Sprint usually requires one delivery attempt, before a package can be held for pickup.

Mistress of Mischief
    10-13-2011 12:42 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD