UPS won't hold my Package for pickup

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If UPS tries to deliver the package tomorrow and no one is home, are their centers open on Saturday where you can go by and pick up the package or are they only open Monday thru Friday?

I think all of them are M-F...but call your local hub to find out for certain.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
If UPS tries to deliver the package tomorrow and no one is home, are their centers open on Saturday where you can go by and pick up the package or are they only open Monday thru Friday?

Can't believe this thread. It's as if you guys never had anything delivered before..

j0hnnyv#IM

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
LOL. this thread is funny. clear what you are doing tomorrow and sit at the house and wait for it. That is the best advice you can get.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Sprint usually requires one delivery attempt, before a package can be held for pickup.

Mistress of Mischief

Scoot50

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Because of the glitch on VZW website right after the presale opened, I had to have my phone delievered to my house....but I won't be there.

So once I got my tacking and once it was on its way I went on the UPS tracking page and had the package redirected to my work....had to pay $5 for this service

Hopefully there is no hangup and I have my 4s tomorrow at work

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
You can specify for them to leave it at your backdoor too, if you live in a bad neighborhood.

Or to let a neighbor sign for it.

Just pick the option you want on the Pre-Sign form.

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh and personally I wouldn't pre-sign for an iPhone and have it left on my doorstep unless that's one secure doorstep!

LOL - it's not like they ship it in a box that says "IPHONE 4S" on the side.

It's packed in a basic, boring brown box like everything else with just a shipping label on it.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It's packed in a basic, boring brown box like everything else with just a shipping label on it.
Im pretty sure the WORLD knows the iPhone 4S is shipping tomorrow unless they've been living under a rock...plain brown box or not it says either Verizon, Apple, ATT, Sprint, etc on the plain brown box...hmmm

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Yes, and it's a good thing that the "bad guys" don't know that... or that tomorrow is iPhone 4S delivery day around the country.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Im pretty sure the WORLD knows the iPhone 4S is shipping tomorrow unless they've been living under a rock...plain brown box or not it says either Verizon, Apple, ATT, Sprint, etc on the plain brown box...hmmm

^^^^Common sense!

Mistress of Mischief

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Because of the glitch on VZW website right after the presale opened, I had to have my phone delievered to my house....but I won't be there.

So once I got my tacking and once it was on its way I went on the UPS tracking page and had the package redirected to my work....had to pay $5 for this service

Hopefully there is no hangup and I have my 4s tomorrow at work

If it's possible to have stuff delivered to where you work, it really is the best way to go. You can avoid alot of anxiety and headaches that way.

Scoot50

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It better be possible.....UPS website didn't stop me and charged me $5

Well I just checked my tracking again and it says the delievery address has changed and they will deliever it to the new address. So it worked

Funny thing is, it arrived at my local hub this morning at 10:45.....

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried to re-direct my package to my work address, but UPS.com doesn't give a delivery change option until I get an InfoNotice number - which you don't get until after the first delivery attempt and the driver leaves the note on your door with the InfoNotice number.

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I also just finished a chat with UPS about seeing why My Choice service wasn't allowing me to re-direct my package. She said Sprint must have restricted that ability. I also asked her if the package was going to require a signature in order to be left and she her direct quote was "Okay, it looks as though Sprint has not requested for a signature on these packages."

I'm still going to leave that release form that was posted but hopefully they will leave it so I'm not waiting until next week to pick it up.

mister23

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
That is why I started this thread. I was told by UPS that Sprint will not let them do that. Whether it is change of address or hold for pickup. UPS said that once they make one attempt you then can put it on hold or change the delivery address.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim