Because of the glitch on VZW website right after the presale opened, I had to have my phone delievered to my house....but I won't be there.

So once I got my tacking and once it was on its way I went on the UPS tracking page and had the package redirected to my work....had to pay $5 for this service

Hopefully there is no hangup and I have my 4s tomorrow at work
    10-13-2011 12:48 PM
    Oh and personally I wouldn't pre-sign for an iPhone and have it left on my doorstep unless that's one secure doorstep!
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-13-2011 01:02 PM
    You can specify for them to leave it at your backdoor too, if you live in a bad neighborhood.

Or to let a neighbor sign for it.

Just pick the option you want on the Pre-Sign form.
    10-13-2011 01:05 PM
    Oh and personally I wouldn't pre-sign for an iPhone and have it left on my doorstep unless that's one secure doorstep!

LOL - it's not like they ship it in a box that says "IPHONE 4S" on the side.

It's packed in a basic, boring brown box like everything else with just a shipping label on it.
    10-13-2011 01:10 PM
    You speak the truth!

If you sign a pre-release and it gets stolen, guess who's out of luck? Yep. You are.
    10-13-2011 01:15 PM
    It's packed in a basic, boring brown box like everything else with just a shipping label on it.
    Im pretty sure the WORLD knows the iPhone 4S is shipping tomorrow unless they've been living under a rock...plain brown box or not it says either Verizon, Apple, ATT, Sprint, etc on the plain brown box...hmmm
    10-13-2011 01:16 PM

Yes, and it's a good thing that the "bad guys" don't know that... or that tomorrow is iPhone 4S delivery day around the country.
    10-13-2011 01:16 PM
    Im pretty sure the WORLD knows the iPhone 4S is shipping tomorrow unless they've been living under a rock...plain brown box or not it says either Verizon, Apple, ATT, Sprint, etc on the plain brown box...hmmm
    ^^^^Common sense!

Mistress of Mischief
    10-13-2011 01:18 PM
    Because of the glitch on VZW website right after the presale opened, I had to have my phone delievered to my house....but I won't be there.

So once I got my tacking and once it was on its way I went on the UPS tracking page and had the package redirected to my work....had to pay $5 for this service

Hopefully there is no hangup and I have my 4s tomorrow at work
    If it's possible to have stuff delivered to where you work, it really is the best way to go. You can avoid alot of anxiety and headaches that way.
    10-13-2011 02:01 PM
    If it's possible to have stuff delivered to where you work, it really is the best way to go. You can avoid alot of anxiety and headaches that way.
    It better be possible.....UPS website didn't stop me and charged me $5
    10-13-2011 02:02 PM
    Well I just checked my tracking again and it says the delievery address has changed and they will deliever it to the new address. So it worked

Funny thing is, it arrived at my local hub this morning at 10:45.....
    10-13-2011 02:06 PM
    I tried to re-direct my package to my work address, but UPS.com doesn't give a delivery change option until I get an InfoNotice number - which you don't get until after the first delivery attempt and the driver leaves the note on your door with the InfoNotice number.
    10-13-2011 03:45 PM
    Which carrier did you order from? I ordered from Sprint and UPS my choice site isn't allowing me to change the delivery address.
    10-13-2011 04:17 PM
    I also just finished a chat with UPS about seeing why My Choice service wasn't allowing me to re-direct my package. She said Sprint must have restricted that ability. I also asked her if the package was going to require a signature in order to be left and she her direct quote was "Okay, it looks as though Sprint has not requested for a signature on these packages."

I'm still going to leave that release form that was posted but hopefully they will leave it so I'm not waiting until next week to pick it up.
    10-13-2011 04:21 PM
    That is why I started this thread. I was told by UPS that Sprint will not let them do that. Whether it is change of address or hold for pickup. UPS said that once they make one attempt you then can put it on hold or change the delivery address.
    10-13-2011 04:21 PM
    Which carrier did you order from? I ordered from Sprint and UPS my choice site isn't allowing me to change the delivery address.
    I ordered mine from Verizon on their website
    10-13-2011 07:11 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD