UPS won't hold my Package for pickup

mister23

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I called UPS this morning to have my package held at their location because I will not be home to sign for my phone on Fri. They said they are unable to hold it because Sprint shipping rules will not allow it. Has anyone ran into this issue? Is there a work around so UPS will hold it for me.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I would see if someone could be home when ups comes or maybe go to ups website see if they can leave it on your porch or something.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Companies do this to prevent credit card fraud. They also stop package redirects and require your package is delivered to the billing address associated with your credit card.

There is generally no work around...

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Usually I just leave a note on door if i can't be at home. It's no big deal. But yeah, if i'm ordering something that cost (or retails for) like 600-700, I usually try to be home for it.

gland

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Totally, I hope the note idea will work or maybe they could allow same day will call later in the day if the attempt was in the am. That would be awesome!

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The way it worked whenever I would miss packages is there would be a number to call on the "sorry I missed you" notice and I'd call and they would hold the package then. A delivery attempt needed to be made first before they could hold it for pickup.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The way it worked whenever I would miss packages is there would be a number to call on the "sorry I missed you" notice and I'd call and they would hold the package then. A delivery attempt needed to be made first before they could hold it for pickup.

Yes, I am fairly certain they must make one attempt before they let you pick it up.

OP, you could ask a neighbor that is home to sign for it.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
They do have to make 1 attempt, then you can pick it up at their facility...or like sting7 suggested have a neighbor sign, just leave a note for UPS to knock on their door...I've accepted computers & TV's for my neighbors because I work at home..

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I know with fedex they leave a slip and then you can go pick it up after a certain amount of time which if ups does that maybe you could pick it up after work?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I know with fedex they leave a slip and then you can go pick it up after a certain amount of time which if ups does that maybe you could pick it up after work?

UPS does the same thing, they leave a note on the door. The options are normally; in person signature required, sign the slip and they will leave it at the door the next day, or call a number and pick it up.

mister23

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem with the one attempt if I am not home. But what sucks is they will be trying to deliver it on Fri which means I have to wait till Mon to get my phone if I miss the UPS guy.

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Did you order through Apple's web site or Sprint? If you ordered through Apple there is an option to pre-sign for your phone. It's basically a document you print out, sign and leave on your door for the UPS person.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The "Pre-Sign Option" lets you print out a letter that you can sign and stick to your front door so they will deliver it and just drop it off on your front step (or wherever you specify on the letter) without a signature.

If they already attempted a delivery when you were not home, you can also sign the UPS sheet they stuck to your door and when they do the next delivery attempt, they'll grab the UPS sheet (if you signed it) and drop off your package without you being there.

Last edited:

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If UPS tries to deliver the package tomorrow and no one is home, are their centers open on Saturday where you can go by and pick up the package or are they only open Monday thru Friday?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro