No LTE but will the dual antenna design benefit verizon customers?

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey

I am not going to lie I was pretty bummed by no LTE announcement for the 4s but I understand why Apple didn't go with it. I am loving my iphone 4 and I would like to go with the iphone 4s (better camera, processor, etc...) with my upgrade but I am not so satisfied with Verizons 3G Data speeds. I am sure a lot of Verizon customers will chime in on this.

Now, to my question... do you think that this new improved dual antenna design will benefit CDMA customers as far as Data speeds go? I run speed test all the time and I swear I average like over 100 ms ping, about 0.20 Mbps download and about 0.05 Mbps upload. I am just hoping to get over 1 Mbps with Verizon! This is the only thing holding me back from the 4s (and hoping the 5 will get LTE).

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey

I am not going to lie I was pretty bummed by no LTE announcement for the 4s but I understand why Apple didn't go with it. I am loving my iphone 4 and I would like to go with the iphone 4s (better camera, processor, etc...) with my upgrade but I am not so satisfied with Verizons 3G Data speeds. I am sure a lot of Verizon customers will chime in on this.

Now, to my question... do you think that this new improved dual antenna design will benefit CDMA customers as far as Data speeds go? I run speed test all the time and I swear I average like over 100 ms ping, about 0.20 Mbps download and about 0.05 Mbps upload. I am just hoping to get over 1 Mbps with Verizon! This is the only thing holding me back from the 4s (and hoping the 5 will get LTE).

It should just help out Phone Signal's because it is meant to work when in a phone call. It may work on the Internet if you use something to trigger it.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I guess I just wasn't well knowledged on this new antenna design. So, it is to improve the 'death grip' more than anything? I somehow was hoping it had some sort of boost for data speed (somehow, someway).

Reactions: zackawee27

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Early reviews have said it had more bars of signal than the i4 which may help since you will have a better connection. I guess go try one out and see since they advertised it as having better reception I am sure it won't be any less than the i4.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I guess I just wasn't well knowledged on this new antenna design. So, it is to improve the 'death grip' more than anything? I somehow was hoping it had some sort of boost for data speed (somehow, someway).

Yes, It's used for Cell Phone Recipitation

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It should just help out Phone Signal's because it is meant to work when in a phone call. It may work on the Internet if you use something to trigger it.

But better signal should also help when downloading and browsing things since if you have more signal and connection that could increase the highest possible data rate on 3g you could get. I mean it is no lte but unless you are downloading large files the 3g will be fine and won't kill your battery like lte does.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
But better signal should also help when downloading and browsing things since if you have more signal and connection that could increase the highest possible data rate on 3g you could get. I mean it is no lte but unless you are downloading large files the 3g will be fine and won't kill your battery like lte does.

Yeah, that is another very big benefit. Give's you good Speed and doesn't kill you're battery like LTE. Smart thinking Apple.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that is another very big benefit. Give's you good Speed and doesn't kill you're battery like LTE. Smart thinking Apple.

Yea, I was hoping for LTE but I was only looking at it one way. I was just looking at the speed aspect. What's the point of having LTE if you can only use it for a few hours? I then thought about the great battery life on regular 3G and plus I am always near WIFI so I can pickup faster speeds if I reallly need to...

Now, I have to think about using my yearly (last ever) upgrade and get the 4s and sell my 4 or just hold off til 5. I really like the camera upgrade!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I was hoping for LTE but I was only looking at it one way. I was just looking at the speed aspect. What's the point of having LTE if you can only use it for a few hours? I then thought about the great battery life on regular 3G and plus I am always near WIFI so I can pickup faster speeds if I reallly need to...

Now, I have to think about using my yearly (last ever) upgrade and get the 4s and sell my 4 or just hold off til 5. I really like the camera upgrade!

The camera is nice. I would say if you like the 4s get it and when the iphone 5 comes out( most likely in a year) you can sell the iphone and only have to pay probably the same amount you would on an upgrade anyway to get the new iphone. that is what I do, I sell my old phones to buy a new one and usually only pay at most 200 out of pocket full retail for a phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods