Hubby gave me the green light to get a phone this Friday and I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row when I go. Obviously, I want to get the best deal possible. =P
    I take good care of my phones barring any catastrophic accident.
    I plan to get a 32g.

TIA! =)
    Last edited by Crystalftw; 10-12-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    10-12-2011 07:43 PM
    Hubby gave me the green light to get a phone this Friday and I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row when I go. Obviously, I want to get the best deal possible. =P
    I plan to get a 32g.

TIA! =)
    You can check Sprint, Verizon or AT&T they have insurance on their phones you can buy. Though Sprint doesn't include the iPhone in their insurance.
    10-12-2011 07:47 PM
    You can check Sprint, Verizon or AT&T they have insurance on their phones you can buy. Though Sprint doesn't include the iPhone in their insurance.
    Yeah, I have sprint and was told by them if I want applecare+ i need to pay another $99 at the time of purchase.
    10-12-2011 07:49 PM
    Yeah, I have sprint and was told by them if I want applecare+ i need to pay another $99 at the time of purchase.
    Yeah, thats the only insurance you can get, But it might be worth it if you break you're phone. I suggest you get an Ottorbox case, they're very useful. ottorbox.com
    10-12-2011 07:51 PM
    $99 is well worth it .... plus you get two times where you phone can get beat up or water damage, pay $49 and get replaced. The main things that carrier insurance would be good for is if you lose the phone or it gets stolen .... Applecare+ will NOT cover this.
    10-12-2011 07:54 PM
    Just got off the phone with sprint. Total Equipment Protection ($8 a month) does not cover the iPhone. She said we do have to buy Apple Care for $99 and it has to be bought the day the phone is activated. She said that I can bill the $99 to my sprint account or I can pay it at the store, but she made it real clear that it has to be bought before or on the day of activation.
    Idunnonuttin likes this.
    10-12-2011 08:08 PM
    SquareTrade! And if you use this link you get a $5 discount - Welcome to SquareTrade! - Referral Discounts | SquareTrade | SquareTrade Warranties
    Idunnonuttin and Crystalftw like this.
    10-12-2011 08:23 PM
    Anyone use Worth Ave Group? Covers EVERYTHING...
    10-12-2011 09:14 PM
    Squaretrade does NOT COVER THEFT OR LOSS. So before you get that, make sure you keep that in mind.
    Crystalftw and Idunnonuttin like this.
    10-12-2011 09:37 PM
    If I was going third party Worth is who I would go with. For the record I went with Applecare+.
    10-13-2011 08:01 AM
    I'm going to get apple care because Verizon insurance is pricey a month

Posted from a soon to be Iphone 4s
    10-13-2011 09:11 AM
    I plan to get a 32g.

TIA! =)
    In the past, the apple care that came with it was good enough. Apple usually was very good about swapping out phones even if the damage was questionably the user's fault.

Whether this applecare + will make Apple less helpful for those with regular apple care (that already comes with iphone) remains to be seen.

But regardless, if you're going to buy insurance, Applecare + is the way to go. Especially if you're near an apple store. It's a nobrainer. You go in and get taken care of promptly.
    10-13-2011 09:23 AM
    Have we figured out how to get AppleCare+ if you weren't offered it at purchase?

I've heard you can take your unopened iPhone to Apple, but that's a huge pain in the ***.
    10-13-2011 10:45 AM
    Apple updated their site saying it would be available to preorders until I believe November. Sorry I don't have the link but this is good news. You have to call apple but its better then not being able to get it at all.
    10-13-2011 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD