[in other words... can a jailbroken iPhone 4S have the CPU "overclocked" back to iPad 2 speed?]
    10-12-2011 10:31 AM
    [in other words... can a jailbroken iPhone 4S have the CPU "overclocked" back to iPad 2 speed?]
    Yes you can jailbreak and overclock.
    10-12-2011 10:33 AM
    Yes you can jailbreak and overclock.
    Egggggsellent!

/pets Mr. Bigglesworth
    10-12-2011 10:34 AM
    Yes, you can use iOverClock or and Jailbroken version of it to Overclock it to iPad 2 speed.
    10-12-2011 10:36 AM
    I'm curious how fast the battery will run down at 1Ghz...

A boost of 200 Mhz can't be THAT hard on the battery, can it?
    10-12-2011 10:43 AM
    I'm curious how fast the battery will run down at 1Ghz...

A boost of 200 Mhz can't be THAT hard on the battery, can it?
    Probably not that fast, The iPhone 4S has 8 hours of battery which for its screen size is amazing. the 200 Mhz shouldn't do that much.
    10-12-2011 10:45 AM
    I still can't, for the life of me, figure out why this is an important ability to anyone on any device...lol.

Hey guys! Check out my over clocked iPhone that lasts 10min. on a full charge!
    Jellotime91 and zackawee27 like this.
    10-12-2011 10:47 AM
    I still can't, for the life of me, figure out why this is an important ability to anyone on any device...lol.

Who said it was important? I simply asked if it was possible.
    10-12-2011 11:01 AM
    Well, a lot of people seem to think that extra boost of 200Mhz is going to do so much. It might speed up you're browsing like 5% but, it could also kill you battery like 10% more than usual.
    10-12-2011 11:10 AM
    You can use also use FakeClockup, it only accelerates the UIKIT (or so the dev says)
    10-12-2011 11:22 AM
    You seemed pretty excited about it...
    10-12-2011 11:24 AM
    You seemed pretty excited about it...

You're mistaking excitement for importance.

--Some people don't understand why someone would want to tweak their devices.

--I don't understand why some people are actually offended by people wanting to tweak their devices.
    Premium1 and zackawee27 like this.
    10-12-2011 11:48 AM

That was funny! LMAO!!
    10-12-2011 11:51 AM

--Some people don't understand why someone would want to tweak their devices.

--I don't understand why some people are actually offended by people wanting to tweak their devices.
    Seanhrcc always has some smart *** comment to make if it is something he/she doesn't use. Not everyone leaves their phone stock why does it matter what they want to do with their phones???
    kch50428 and zackawee27 like this.
    10-12-2011 12:18 PM

I am with Sean on this, raw clock speed really does not mean as much as it once did. Just look at the latest Gen Intel chips out, why are they not 6Ghz these days? It's more than that; bus speed, cache size, clean programming for that specific chip, the entire package is what shapes a device these days and not just a number slapped on the side of the box. IMHO.
    10-12-2011 12:44 PM
    Seanhrcc always has some smart *** comment to make if it is something he/she doesn't use. Not everyone leaves their phone stock why does it matter what they want to do with their phones???
    lol...my iPhone (and every one before this one) has been far from "stock", and every one of them gets jailbroken and customized as soon as it is possible...so I'm not quite sure your point on this, other than your typical useless banter.

As far as Netherscourge...

Interesting...anyways, if showing off an over clocked iPhone is your thing, knock yourself out! My comment wasn't personal to you, i just said i didn't quite get the appeal personally.
    10-12-2011 01:00 PM
    Guys lets stay on Topic with the Thread please. So, why is iPhone's speed only 800Mhz when a Palm Pre 2's is 1Ghz?
    10-12-2011 01:06 PM
    Guys lets stay on Topic with the Thread please. So, why is iPhone's speed only 800Mhz when a Palm Pre 2's is 1Ghz?
    Why is the iphone metal when the pre is plastic? lmao
    10-12-2011 01:09 PM
    lol...my iPhone (and every one before this one) has been far from "stock", and every one of them gets jailbroken and customized as soon as it is possible...so I'm not quite sure your point on this, other than your typical useless banter.

As far as Netherscourge...

Interesting...anyways, if showing off an over clocked iPhone is your thing, knock yourself out! My comment wasn't personal to you, i just said i didn't quite get the appeal personally.
    Because like I said just because you see no importance or value in it doesn't mean others like the op feel the same as you. I guess that is useless banter.
    10-12-2011 01:10 PM
    Why is the iphone metal when the pre is plastic? lmao
    Haha, why is the Palm Pre 2 have Adobe Flash and iPhone doesn't?
    10-12-2011 01:13 PM
    Haha, why is the Palm Pre 2 have Adobe Flash and iPhone doesn't?
    Because like Bobby Boucher's momma said... "It's the devil!!"
    10-12-2011 01:15 PM
    Because like I said just because you see no importance or value in it doesn't mean others like the op feel the same as you. I guess that is useless banter.
    I never asked him to justify his need to do such...I simply pointed out an opinion about over clocking the iPhone (or any phone for that matter). Why take it personally?
    10-12-2011 01:16 PM
    Because like Bobby Boucher's momma said... "It's the devil!!"
    Haha, alright. Well we all know the iPhone wins
    10-12-2011 01:26 PM
    3 Jailbreak tweaks are offered.

2 are fake overclocks but do work
    1 is a real overclock

Ioverclock does what it says and a tad of battery drain.
    Speed Intensifier - Speeds up animations and does improve alot
    FakeClockup - Speeds up animations also

The 2 fakeclockups are better in terms of performance. Opening and Closing apps, text,phone, etc are so fast. Even unlocking the phone.

You do have to jailbreak though first and download via Cydia
    10-12-2011 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD