The "official" I have my iPhone 4S thread

randy mullis

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I personally wasn't even expecting to get one at all. I was about 12 days out of my return policy, but all I did was go in and ask and the manager at the AT&T store did an exchange no problem at all

radioscooter

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
ATT 3GS to 4S help steps?

Hi. What's the protocol/steps/walkthrough for moving 3GS info to new 4S. (contacts, apps etc) Is it a sim card swap or do i just activate the new one? And do I need to wipe all the stuff from the 3GS first?

Is there a page for this on Apple? I've looked for an hour. Thanks.

elementbt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just kept trying through iTunes.. was actually looking at it, waiting for it to fail, so I could start it again and go out and have a smoke, and miraculously it worked

4DFool

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If you care that much, do an iTunes backup on your 3GS.

I hope there is no mandatory restore for 4S activation. I want to start fresh

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4s VZW activated...iPhone 4s AT&T in hand waiting for activation...can't wait to test against my iPhone 4 4.3.3 Jailbreak.

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
UPS drove through my neighborhood early this morning but didn't stop. WTF? I asked him why and he said he had Next Day Early AM phones to deliver. Mine was End of Day so he couldn't stop. Oh well. Mine has arrived - 3:15pm.

gunnarliden

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
UPS drove through my neighborhood early this morning but didn't stop. WTF? I asked him why and he said he had Next Day Early AM phones to deliver. Mine was End of Day so he couldn't stop. Oh well. Mine has arrived - 3:15pm.

I think the same thing happened to me, I watched him drive by at 10 am, and am still waiting...