The "official" I have my iPhone 4S thread

Da Pope

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
whoa i got my iPhone 4s today at 4:15pm via fed-ex i started it up and was so amazed on how easy it was to use (i know i sound like a super noob) man i have been using Blackberry's all my life and cant believe it took this long for me to finally crossover to Apple since 4:15pm Dec.29th i have not put this thing down it blows my mind that it runs so fast compared to my blackberry's whoa like McDonald's "im lovin it" :cool:

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I hear that frequently. "I cant believe I waited this long..."

I have 4 friends, 2 of which were BB and the other 2 Android. They made the switch this year and each and every one of them said just that...

DEIONESCOBAR

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
i just got mine for christmas. i cant stop playing with it. i got the 4s in white. i am really enjoying it. its funny when the orginal iphone came out i bought but hate it and then went to andriod now i got the 4s and i love the ios. no complaints here.

grex18#IM

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my 32gb 4s after a week of fighting with Rogers. Awesome phone, had the 3g, then had the bb torch now this. AMAZING! siri is so cool.

RichieHD#AC

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Got mine on the 6th and I love this thing. I've had bb and androids but this is something else! As soon as ios5 came out and added notification center, etc. I knew it was time to get an iPhone.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have my iPhone 4s! Haha.

Came over from a BlackBerry Bold 9700, but I've had about a one-month introductory course in iOS because we got an iPad2. Love that device, and am loving my phone as well. Battery life is about what I expected, but it's also really easy to charge this thing since I can USB in my car, and I have about 12 Apple cords lying around at home and work now. Also, the thing charges pretty damn fast on my 10W iPad plug.

The hardware and software is pretty much as I expected, and I understand why a lot of the tech snobs don't view this as an "elite" piece of hardware. But as any BlackBerry user knows, it really isn't about the hardware, it's the "ecosystem", and that's where Apple is still the best of the best.

If I have to be negative about one thing, it's pretty obvious that this thing doesn't do email as quickly or conveniently as BlackBerry does. I knew that going in, and it's a trade-off I'm fully willing to make given all the other advantages, but having push only every 15 minutes, and often waiting 10-20 minutes to seemingly get mail is a bit of an adjustment. That being said, the mail is much better LOOKING and properly displayed once it does arrive, so it cuts both ways.

The Verizon 3G data network is what it is, but I'm really focusing on using WiFi whenever I can, and am only carrying the 2GB data plan. So far, it's been everything I've expected, which is saying a lot how much I've anticipated this day for the past 12 months!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If I have to be negative about one thing, it's pretty obvious that this thing doesn't do email as quickly or conveniently as BlackBerry does. I knew that going in, and it's a trade-off I'm fully willing to make given all the other advantages, but having push only every 15 minutes, and often waiting 10-20 minutes to seemingly get mail is a bit of an adjustment. That being said, the mail is much better LOOKING and properly displayed once it does arrive, so it cuts both ways.

The Verizon 3G data network is what it is, but I'm really focusing on using WiFi whenever I can, and am only carrying the 2GB data plan. So far, it's been everything I've expected, which is saying a lot how much I've anticipated this day for the past 12 months!

I have mine set to push also and it is slower than the BB for getting emails, but it doesn't take 15-20 minutes to get them. I just sent myself an email and it took < 2 minutes for my phone to recognize the email was there. Sending myself another one a few minutes later and it was < a minute. :)

Just be careful with the 2GB data. It's really easy to go over. Wifi can be your saviour. I use over 6GB of data a month on mine.

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
just waiting for my 16g 4s to get here from fedex. ordered it sunday. i had the iphone 4, wasnt enough for me. im coming from 2 years of droids, all different droids. sick of the fragmentation. ready for the ios5

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got my iPhone 4S today, and boy am I loving the crap outta it. Gotta be to work at 10am but Im still just too stoked about finally having an iPhone, besides sleep is overrated right now, lol. And Siri...loving her so far. The 8MP camera is awesome in a word. Speed is wonderful. So far no issues with battery life.

kebema

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 4s and I absolutely love it! I came from a Droid Bionic.

I made the switch for better battery life and the ease of use of the OS. I could barely get 7 hours out of the bionic. In addition to that, I also own an iPad 2 3G and loved its ease of use and the fluidity of the OS. I wanted that same experience on my phone. So, I made the switch and I do not regret it one bit. I only wish i had done it sooner!

Reactions: mistabritt

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
YESSSS Early upgrade from Bell, with a couple cool bonuses.
I offset the costs by using the money I won before I quit pokerstars ($100), and will sell my old unlocked jb iphone 3gs on craigslist or facebook to someone for $150-$200.

So happy with my purchase. The screen is wicked, it's nice and fast, and I am just in crazy love with the camera

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Got my factory unlocked 64GB 4S 3 weeks ago and I love it! Totally worth the $850 that I paid for it. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just bought mine off CL. I will probably keep my iPhone 4 as my backup for the time being which is what I do with my previous phone. I'm saving my upgrade for the iPhone 5 or whatever it will be called.

Photoon1-27-12at142AM.jpg
[/IMG]

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine is on the UPS truck for delivery today..I'm coming from the Epic Touch on Sprint and this phone has had way too many issues for me and I've missed my iPhone (was previously with AT&T and had iPhone 4).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods