I have had a rooted HTC Incredible 2 for about six months.

My upgrade came up February 27th and yesterday I went to Verizon and bought my 32GB iPhone 4S.
    Enjoying it so far, only thing happening thus far is I have this feeling in the back of my head that there is another Settings page somewhere that I just can't find. I'm well aware there isn't, but coming from a phone where I could change every little thing, this is the feeling I get.
    I felt the same way when I initially got my iPhone 4S after coming from Android (EVO 4G & the original Droid Incredible). It'll subside.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    03-23-2012 11:02 PM
    I felt the same way when I initially got my iPhone 4S after coming from Android (EVO 4G & the original Droid Incredible). It'll subside.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    Yeah I figure it will. It is by no means a 'complaint', just a funny feeling I have in the back of my head looking for ways to set my phone apart from the hundreds of other iPhone's that surround me every day!
    Happy with my purchase.
    03-23-2012 11:11 PM

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    The battery life of my 4S is so much better than my Evo...I was able to adjust real quick. LOL
    03-25-2012 03:26 PM
    Yeah I figure it will. It is by no means a 'complaint', just a funny feeling I have in the back of my head looking for ways to set my phone apart from the hundreds of other iPhone's that surround me every day!
    Happy with my purchase.
    ITA. Checkout the hundreds of wallpapers (there's a thread here w/ many screenshots). Although I will admit jailbreaking does seem to offer the best ability to customize iPhones (IMHO). However I'm not ready to take that road. For now I change wallpapers (home & lock screen) & I've created folders for many of my apps. Thanks to Pink....I do not have apps covering my home screen anymore. This really allows my wallpaper to be seen.
    03-25-2012 03:36 PM
    just got my 4s, first iphone and i must say im very impressed, not missing my bb at all
    03-25-2012 05:49 PM
    just got my 4s, first iphone and i must say im very impressed, not missing my bb at all
    Amen to that.

Good Luck
    03-25-2012 09:26 PM
    I have been very carefull with switching over from Blackberry to iPhone since a while but because most of my friends and people I know have a iphone, I couldn't resist it anymore.
    Also the quantity of apps are amazing, even the local apps to use here in Belgium!

Since two weeks I have got my iPhone 4s 16Gb and I must say, it's a wonderful phone.
    03-27-2012 06:50 AM
    The battery life of my 4S is so much better than my Evo...I was able to adjust real quick. LOL
    Whoa. . .my rooted Droid Incredible 2 could go for 24 hours easy on one charge. I could get around 14 hours with heavy use and that's NOTHING near what the iPhone gets.

Battery life is definitely my complaint. Horrible battery life.
    03-29-2012 04:14 PM
    Whoa. . .my rooted Droid Incredible 2 could go for 24 hours easy on one charge. I could get around 14 hours with heavy use and that's NOTHING near what the iPhone gets.

Battery life is definitely my complaint. Horrible battery life.
    what are you doing with your iPhone? Because mine can last at least a day, unless i'm playing angry birds or any other games.
    03-29-2012 04:17 PM
    what are you doing with your iPhone? Because mine can last at least a day, unless i'm playing angry birds or any other games.
    I use Messaging and Twitter frequently.
    Occasionally check my two Mail accounts.
    Occasionally update Facebook and Instagram.

That's about it, and I don't keep all my Apps open.

I'm getting the usual time (6+ hours use, not counting standby time) out of each charge, it's not like I got a "bad" phone by any means, it's just disappointing compared to my rooted Android.
    03-29-2012 04:42 PM
    picked up a 4S tonight AND jailbroke
    03-29-2012 10:22 PM
    I use Messaging and Twitter frequently.
    Occasionally check my two Mail accounts.
    Occasionally update Facebook and Instagram.

That's about it, and I don't keep all my Apps open.

I'm getting the usual time (6+ hours use, not counting standby time) out of each charge, it's not like I got a "bad" phone by any means, it's just disappointing compared to my rooted Android.
    I was just wondering because my Droid Bionic (LTE on Verizon) would get about 6 hours total (standby and usage) before needing to be charged. But depending on what I'm doing with my iPhone 4S, I can get between 6-12 hours of usage. Gaming of course keeps it at 6 hours lol
    03-30-2012 08:57 AM
    picked up a 4S tonight AND jailbroke
    you're going to love the 4S!! And Siri
    03-30-2012 08:57 AM
    you're going to love the 4S!! And Siri
    yeah, so far i can definitely tell huge a difference in speed and overall workability. speaker seems louder and i swear the vibration is 5 times more noticeable than my 4. Camera is amazing, of course

the other thing i have noticed so far is while being jailbroken there were little imperfections with how my 4 would behave and it seems that the 4S handles them "better" so they are not as noticeable

i actually turned Siri OFF as i was setting up my device. not sure if i really have a need for it (her haha)
    03-30-2012 10:07 AM
    Just found this forum... got my iPhone 4s Feb 16th.... and am LOVING every minute of it!! Former HTC, BB, and other smartphone user here - but no going back!!!
    03-30-2012 10:27 AM
    I now have mine. Purchased new in the box on Craigslist. 32GB.
    04-02-2012 07:43 AM
    I've have my Iphone for 2 weeks. I love it. I thought I would really miss my HTC Thunderbolt; mainly because of all the customization I could do, even w/o being rooted. But, I am luving this phone on stock. May eventually jailbrake.
    04-02-2012 03:59 PM
    I have had mine for almost a month and I love it Cant wait to JB it
    04-04-2012 09:22 AM
    Had mine for a week now. BB user for 7 years. I have to say, I honestly do not miss my BB at all. Only thing I miss is BBM, but that is a minor issue.
    esskaym likes this.
    04-05-2012 12:35 PM
    i actually turned Siri OFF as i was setting up my device. not sure if i really have a need for it (her haha)
    4 days in and I'm heading in that same direction. It's just not something I use.
    04-05-2012 07:42 PM
    Fianally got one today. I upgraded to the Droid 4 first and after 6 days and freeze ups that were only fixed by factory resets Im on the apple bandwagon now. Why did I wait so long? This thing is great and so simple to use. I think that android may have to many things to customize becasue as so as you get it the way you want it they start acting up.
    04-11-2012 11:03 AM
    Got my iPhone 4S...

Been drooling for an iPhone since it got live.... now it's a dream come true for me...

this is my:

First touch phone
    First smartphone
    First gift to myself, ever since I lay my eyes on Earth
    First thing to find when I wake up

Got many firsts on this...
    Got used to Nokia, Samsung, and Sony Ericsson phones, but I'm loving my iPhone now...
    04-11-2012 02:19 PM
    Add me as one who has finally switched over to the iphone. Previously happy with BB. Now very fascinated with iOS. Also looking to jump from windows to apple once the 2012 macbooks come out.
    04-24-2012 08:53 PM
    Made the leap 2 weeks ago. Came from a Droid and not looking back.
    04-26-2012 12:19 PM
    Bought mine 2 weeks ago and love it! Do not miss my bb one bit.
    04-28-2012 01:29 PM
320 ... 10111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD