Mass/ NH area buying advice anyone?

cdolan22

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to buy my first iPhone on Friday since I was just told that I can upgrade for a $20 charge. Because of the timing, I was not able to preorder so it looks like I am going to have to try and beat the rush to a store on Friday.

Anybody in the MA/NH area that has gone to a launch before that can offer any advice on where to go? Apple/Verizon, and which actual store would help a ton. Called vzw today and was told the same thing by 2 stores: they dont know how many they are getting and dont remember how busy it was when the 4 launched.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ashere

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I live in the mass/ nh area. I did go to the store during launch last year and found that the apple store opens earlier then the cell carrier stores. All and all I've always had a better experience at the apple store as opposed to other locations that sell the iPhone. Needless to say you gonna need to wake up really early no matter where you go. Hope this helps

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to buy my first iPhone on Friday since I was just told that I can upgrade for a $20 charge. Because of the timing, I was not able to preorder so it looks like I am going to have to try and beat the rush to a store on Friday.

Anybody in the MA/NH area that has gone to a launch before that can offer any advice on where to go? Apple/Verizon, and which actual store would help a ton. Called vzw today and was told the same thing by 2 stores: they dont know how many they are getting and dont remember how busy it was when the 4 launched.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I think you should have a better shot at a VZW store because at Apple there will be Sprint, AT&T and Verizon customers trying to get the iPhone. But, at Verizon there's just one group. If you're trying to get the device and don't care about the line than Apple Store. But, if you want it faster and take a shot on it you should go to Verizon.

tail24

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Deppends on your work schedule ect. Apple stores will be open much earlier, I know here in Providence it opens at like 6 or 7 am on launches so you could get there early get out and get to work. Just a thought. As for what previous poster said, your line at apple store may be longer buut they will have numerous amounts of all the varieties, so there will be numerous verizon and sprint and att phones in each size there.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Deppends on your work schedule ect. Apple stores will be open much earlier, I know here in Providence it opens at like 6 or 7 am on launches so you could get there early get out and get to work. Just a thought. As for what previous poster said, your line at apple store may be longer buut they will have numerous amounts of all the varieties, so there will be numerous verizon and sprint and att phones in each size there.

Apple' Store's are going to open at 8:00 A.M. on Friday. Apple Retail Store - iPhone 4S

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
buy a tent...!

IMHO, I would try and roll the dice at either a Verizon Store or possibly a Best Buy, as BBuy stores are supposed to be getting a shipment of them as well (insider information...)

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
buy a tent...!

IMHO, I would try and roll the dice at either a Verizon Store or possibly a Best Buy, as BBuy stores are supposed to be getting a shipment of them as well (insider information...)

Yeah, but their are also going to be AT&T and Sprint users trying to buy from their. Less traffic at Verizon I would think.

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but their are also going to be AT&T and Sprint users trying to buy from their. Less traffic at Verizon I would think.

Also true. BUT, Best Buy is like the red headed Stepchild of the iPhone 4s market, they have not been advertising having the device at all in comparison to the carriers and Apple Stores.those of us 'in the know' (i.e.: TIPB readers or people who follow the iPhone 4s as closely) are aware that other retailers will be involved. casual buyers will show up at the Apple store at 6pm asking if there are any left.

worth the roll of the dice, especially if (in the case of this original poster) you happen to be in the NH/Mass area, you could go to the Mall of NH (Manchester NH) where there is a VZW store and a Best Buy in the same general location.

worth a thought

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Also true. BUT, Best Buy is like the red headed Stepchild of the iPhone 4s market, they have not been advertising having the device at all in comparison to the carriers and Apple Stores.those of us 'in the know' (i.e.: TIPB readers or people who follow the iPhone 4s as closely) are aware that other retailers will be involved. casual buyers will show up at the Apple store at 6pm asking if there are any left.

worth the roll of the dice, especially if (in the case of this original poster) you happen to be in the NH/Mass area, you could go to the Mall of NH (Manchester NH) where there is a VZW store and a Best Buy in the same general location.

worth a thought

Yeah, that's true. I forgot about advertising. Best Buy could be a good too. I would go to my local Mall and go to the Best Buy in their. Also in my Mall there is a little Sprint booth. Maybe they are selling iPhones :)

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's true. I forgot about advertising. Best Buy could be a good too. I would go to my local Mall and go to the Best Buy in their. Also in my Mall there is a little Sprint booth. Maybe they are selling iPhones :)

I would probably make the same suggestion to anyone looking to scoop up a Sprint or AT&T model. Check Radio Shack, they have been awfully quiet this release, and they always have iPhones upon release...

cdolan22

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for all of the responses.

I was thinking about checking out the Mall of NH but there is also another vzw store that is right down the road and since it is not in the mall, it seems to be a lot less busy. I was told that there were not really many people there for the 4 launch. I am planning on getting there around 6:45 and if the line is too big, just leaving and ordering it online. Hopefully not many people show up, NH isn't exactly densely populated with people looking for the iPhone, I rarely ever see any of them around, but maybe more people will be looking to pick this one up.

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
i live in western mass and the holyoke mall is great.
theres an at&t store right down the street.
all major carriers have a store and then an apple store and a bestbuy.

i preordered mine from bestbuy and supposedly they are supposed to call to make an appointment for me to pick it up but ill be there at 745 right before they open.

p.s. both the best buy store and mobile store said they were only getting 50 each but did not specify what color/size or provider.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW