The scoop on UPS Shipping for your iPhone 4S

Status
Not open for further replies.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
OK I posted this in the "tracking" thread but that one's just getting blown up. Here is my post from it...

LISTEN TO ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE SCOOP ON THE SHIPPING

Ok so if I've learned anything by reading this thread you people will soon love logistics like I've learned to love it since I've been working with Big Brown in 1998...

Apple is a large customer of ours. We are alerted via email through our chain of command whenever there is a "big launch." Of course, we're not told what the launch is but if anyone is paying attention to anything Apple we know. A week ago we received an email that we should prepare for 800,000 deliveries on the east coast for Friday 10/14/2011, which is 800,000 above the standard operating plan that was initiated last month.

Your stuff will get there, aside from if someone makes a mistake here or there. It is a heavily monitored shipment. This rollout is bird-dogged by some top dogs.

If you shipped it to your home and you are not home to sign, you are out of luck. These packages will require a signature upon delivery IN PERSON. No exceptions! The shipper requires us to do this. The only way we can actually leave the package is if we forge the signature. No one is going to throw away a career over that one, so sorry.

If you're not going to be home... like maybe you have a job, you should send it there. Otherwise be prepared to play hide-and-seek with your UPS guy. You can also register for that new service we offer called My Choice. www DOT ups DOT com SLASH mychoice ... sorry about that but the forum does not allow me to post a link yet because I'm "too new."

I'm sure the shipments will go through the 2DAY AIR system to process the shipments during the daytime and to avoid the critical overnight shift. I'm all but positive that this will work out fine. I have worked there for 13 years now and I believe in the system.

ilwhana

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I live in apartment and the person who is on charge for mail box always sign and take care the package. Is this alright for iPhone4S shipping?

:D

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
If they go with the paper route then that will work UNLESS the shipper selects signature required (in person). Then we will have no choice.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying this only pertains to people who ordered through Apple directly? I ordered through Sprint and it would say signature required on the UPS tracking information if this was the case. Why would every time you HAD to sign for something this appears on the UPS site when you enter your tracking info and yet it says no where that it was sent signature requires and appears just like every other UPS shipment? I don't think you are correct, even if you work at UPS.... I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a tracking number to track to tell you what service level it was sent. I am working off the assumption that it will be sent signature required since when I pre-ordered mine the verizon website said that someone must be present to sign for the package at time of delivery.

If I had a tracking number I can give you better information. Again, it all depends on what the shipper selects as a service level that will force us to collect a signature or leave it to driver discretion.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I remember buying a iphone 1 year and wasn't home on the signature required and had to go to can't remember if it was ups or fedex to pick it up. Its been a few years. I hope you guys aren't working Friday that pre-ordered. I would call in sick to be honest, lol. The iphone comes once a year why not til your boss your crapping all over the place or something. Than come monday you show up to work with a new toy, ha.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I remember buying a iphone 1 year and wasn't home on the signature required and had to go to can't remember if it was ups or fedex to pick it up. Its been a few years. I hope you guys aren't working Friday that pre-ordered. I would call in sick to be honest, lol. The iphone comes once a year why not til your boss your crapping all over the place or something. Than come monday you show up to work with a new toy, ha.
The problem with that idea is... I work for Sprint. Lol.

Don't think I'd be able to retain my job is I called out. Ha.

pb&J

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
My AT&T order status page says they will most likely ship it via FedEx. Is that true? Or are they all going through UPS?

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
When I was with AT&T they shipped via FedEx, however, now that I'm with Sprint it's being shipped via UPS. don't know if there's a difference but if you're with AT&T I would expect FedEx.

Reactions: pb&J

dlcrouch

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Well - since i'll be out of town on the 13th and 14th, i filled out the pre-sign form and asked them to leave the package at the back door.
I guess we'll see what happens.

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Well - since i'll be out of town on the 13th and 14th, i filled out the pre-sign form and asked them to leave the package at the back door.
I guess we'll see what happens.

I wasn't able to get the pre-sign form to work. It just brings up a blank screen for me. I plan to be home for my delivery Friday, but I wanted to print that out just in case.

- fizz

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't able to get the pre-sign form to work. It just brings up a blank screen for me. I plan to be home for my delivery Friday, but I wanted to print that out just in case.

- fizz

Same, I click the box that I agree, and the next screen just goes solid white... NO form. I'm in the same boat, I'll be home Friday but I've seen my UPS man ring the doorbell and already run to his truck before I can get out of a chair so I'm afraid he won't wait long enough for me to walk to the door and will be gone, those guys are speedy.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Same, I click the box that I agree, and the next screen just goes solid white... NO form. I'm in the same boat, I'll be home Friday but I've seen my UPS man ring the doorbell and already run to his truck before I can get out of a chair so I'm afraid he won't wait long enough for me to walk to the door and will be gone, those guys are speedy.

There is one UPS driver that is great, he always comes to my house early and is super nice and if I happen to not be home he does sign for me and leaves my package in the garage. Then there is the other driver who is god awful lol. He always delivers by my house last (which is not his fault, it's just annoying waiting all day lol) and how my house is set up the garage and the back patio are next to each other and the front of the house with the doorbell is on the other side and his lazy butt wont walk to the front of my house so he will leave the "sorry we miss you" thing on the sliding glass door that leads into the back bedroom so even if he knocked it would be impossible to hear.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I was just emailed my tracking information from Verizon early this morning.

It is being sent UPS (told ya so) and it is coming 2 Day Air Delivery Confirmation, which, to me, means it will need a signature upon delivery in person. Of course, looks like verizon did not change my shipping address so I guess I will get it when I get back to work on Monday.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The OP is wrong in terms if you order direct from Apple. There is a sheet you can print out from the Apple site that allows UPS to leave the package at your door. I've done it countless times and I just checked to make sure it is still available, and it is.

I can not vouch for if you purchased the phone via the carriers though.

Now to stop people from posting "tracking" posts here this thread is now closed. Please use the sticky on top of this forum for all tracking posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods