iPhone 4S Data Usage vs Android Data Usage?

powerbyte#AC

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone,
I have seen a LOT of negative responses about Sprint finally getting the iPhone 4S, and how their network will not be able to handle the massive amounts of data that will be flowing over their network. My question is this...

How do iPhones use any more data than an android device? Especially when you count all the widgets that constantly grab data from "the cloud"...

Am I missing something here. Is this just another way to slam on Sprint?

If anyone has a good answer, please feel free to chime in, because I am confused!

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone,
I have seen a LOT of negative responses about Sprint finally getting the iPhone 4S, and how their network will not be able to handle the massive amounts of data that will be flowing over their network. My question is this...

How do iPhones use any more data than an android device? Especially when you count all the widgets that constantly grab data from "the cloud"...

Am I missing something here. Is this just another way to slam on Sprint?

If anyone has a good answer, please feel free to chime in, because I am confused!

Yeah, I think this is just someone bashing on Sprint. Sprint, has unlimited data, if everyone was using their EVO's at once their network would be fine. I don't see a problem here.

Reactions: powerbyte#AC

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You will use less. I had an android and i4 and the android seemed to use more data doing the same tasks. Most likely due to widgets and things syncing in the background.

hournet562

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If you leave an iPhone and an Android phone on standby for one day, the android phone will probably have used more data than the iPhone because the android os constantly syncs with your accounts while the iphone does this at certain intervals. This is what mostly equates to more battery life on iPhone than android.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If you leave an iPhone and an Android phone on standby for one day, the android phone will probably have used more data than the iPhone because the android os constantly syncs with your accounts while the iphone does this at certain intervals. This is what mostly equates to more battery life on iPhone than android.

Android syncs at intervals also its not set to default all the time. i think its the widgets that use more data.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been saying the same thing. If sprints dropped all these new android devices in the past few yrs one iphone won't hurt it.
Everybody wants to either bash sprint or revisit the att problems. Well before the iphone dropped there were really no smartphones, that's why the network tanked sooooooo hard. Sprint and smartphones go hand and hand now with their unlimited plans so I don't feel the iphone will hinder or hurt sprint's network.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone isn't going to do anything to Sprints network. The only issue I would expect are delays activating on Friday due to the demand. Network traffic shouldn't change much. Most sales are going to be upgrades so the total amount of phones isn't going to change network traffic dramatically and will likely slow it down quite a bit. With Android free tethering is very popular(more so than iOS from my experience), iOS limits the size of downloads, and just in general lower data usage.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is more than prepared to handle the iPhone. First of all Sprint is not running at full-length capacity because so many subscribers have left them. Second Sprint is betting the house on the iPhone. Sprint agreed to purchase 25 million iPhones in 4 years that is a big number. Imo they have been preparing for the influx of new subscribers because the current system has been overhauled over the past year. I use get 1 bar in my home with no dropped calls now I get full bars. I also have notice old dead zones have full bars. Sprint has improved greatly these past 2 years and I am for certain it was in preparation for the iPhone. Not to mention the customer service has been phenomenal. I believe because of the iphone Sprint will finally get out of the bleeding subscribers negative numbers for the quarter and finally be reporting a profit in the near future.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I doubt the iPhone had anything to do with their network and the iPhone will help gain subscribers but I think it will be awhile before they report a profit since there isn't that much of an incentive to switch to sprint since most are grandfathered on their current carriers.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2