I pre-ordered my 4S and I'm coming from a 3GS. I need to use my SIM card because I used my wife's line on my family plan for the upgrade. So I expect that my phone will come with a SIM card tied to her number. Do I need to go to AT&T and get one with my number?

Thanks!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.138844,-85.086977
    10-11-2011 05:30 PM
    I pre-ordered my 4S and I'm coming from a 3GS. I need to use my SIM card because I used my wife's line on my family plan for the upgrade. So I expect that my phone will come with a SIM card tied to her number. Do I need to go to AT&T and get one with my number?

Thanks!

---
    I am here: Google Maps
    All you need to do is pop out hers and put you're old one in their and everything will be fine. I don't think that you get a new SIM card with you're iPhone purchase anyway.
    10-11-2011 05:34 PM
    Yes. Go to AT&T with your 3GS and your 4S and tell them you need the SIM data from your 3GS moved to the 4S.
    10-11-2011 05:35 PM
    All you need to do is pop out hers and put you're old one in their and everything will be fine. I don't think that you get a new SIM card with you're iPhone purchase anyway.
    The SIM cards are different I think. I used a 3GS while I waited on my iPhone 4 to arrive and I had to get AT&T to switch them around.
    10-11-2011 05:36 PM
    The 3GS uses a miniSIM while the 4 and 4S use a microSIM. You won't be able to use the same SIM, but you can go to the AT&T store and have it transferred over.
    zackawee27 likes this.
    10-11-2011 05:44 PM
    The SIM cards are different I think. I used a 3GS while I waited on my iPhone 4 to arrive and I had to get AT&T to switch them around.
    Wait what do you mean their different, the SIM card stores you're number. That's all, to get you're other information you would have to contact AT&T.
    10-11-2011 05:46 PM
    Wait what do you mean their different, the SIM card stores you're number. That's all, to get you're other information you would have to contact AT&T.
    He means that they're different sizes. The 3GS takes a mini sim, which is larger than a micro sim. The iPhone 4 takes a micro sim. You should go to an AT&T store and tell them what you need done. They should be able to help you out.
    diamonddialogue likes this.
    10-11-2011 06:14 PM
    Please see my post immediately before this one...
    zackawee27 likes this.
    10-11-2011 06:51 PM
    Please see my post immediately before this one...
    Oh, alright. I see it now.
    10-11-2011 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD