Siri will sell the iPhone 4S by itself.

I've seen several youtube demos of Siri in the field today and I can not believe what I'm seeing (or hearing).

Voice recognition/input is so much faster then tapping/swiping/touching a screen, I'd be surprised if anyone will need a touch screen protector anymore to keep your greasy fingerprints off the display.

We've been so caught up with the hardware specs of the iPhone 4S that Siri literally flew in under the radar from out of nowhere and, IMO, it's a competition-killing feature in the 4S.

Siri is without a doubt the most important intellectual property Apple owns right now. Whoever convinced Apple to buy that technology should be given a yacht and lifetime membership at Disney World.

Seriously, though. Is it not the most amazing thing you've ever seen? It's not a canned system either - it literally does everything and it does it by voice within seconds - faster than any physical input method on the iPhone.

Freaking amazing.
    kfreemanii likes this.
    10-11-2011 04:02 PM
    Can. Not. Wait.
    10-11-2011 04:03 PM
    I know my family with smart phones is going to ask why my phone is smarter when it starts reminding me of stuff in front of them.
    10-11-2011 04:06 PM
    It is pretty amazing. I'm interested to see what kind of impact this has. I know Google is already trying to emulate what it can do. It's amazing that all over the internet people badmouth Apple and say they aren't innovative at all, but then as soon as they release something extraordinary, suddenly everyone is trying to mimic it.
    10-11-2011 04:08 PM
    On a serious note, I've been seeing these videos as well, and frankly I'm blown away...
    10-11-2011 04:14 PM
    It is pretty amazing. I'm interested to see what kind of impact this has. I know Google is already trying to emulate what it can do. It's amazing that all over the internet people badmouth Apple and say they aren't innovative at all, but then as soon as they release something extraordinary, suddenly everyone is trying to mimic it.
    I really commend apple for how they implented it right in to the OS. I have seen dictation software which could transcribe our words, but apple has taken it forward and started doing searches, use wolfram alpha, create notes . Until now I felt that voice command is just fancy and would not use it, now with siri I will use it always ( just guessing)
    10-11-2011 05:04 PM
    This.

There's so much truth to this statement. Sometimes it's not always Apple releasing something that might already exist... but it's about making it WORK.

"It just works." -Steve Jobs. <--- One of my favorite things he's said.
    10-11-2011 05:10 PM
    I think I just died from excitement!

Question: does Siri work with ESL accents? I have a friend who wants this phone too but she's Korean. Speaks great English, just not perfect.
    10-11-2011 05:10 PM
    After I found out that the cloud was just a virtual hard drive and it would not stream my iTunes to my phone I started to have second thoughts. But then I thought how can I live without siri? I guess that's the apple way giving you things you can't live without before you knew you couldn't live without them. Amazing.

I just want to take this oppurtunity to publicly apologize for my screen saver of a Droid urinating on an apple. Sorry.

Count
    10-11-2011 05:19 PM
    I'm so excited. Friday needs to get here faster.
    10-11-2011 05:19 PM
    I am so amazed at all the people I see bashing Siri.. saying it's just another Ping or Game Center, nobody will use it, etc... It's so foolish.
    10-11-2011 05:41 PM
    I am so amazed at all the people I see bashing Siri.. saying it's just another Ping or Game Center, nobody will use it, etc... It's so foolish.
    I think SIRI is a cool feature, but how many people do you think are going to rather hold the home button down and say remind me to do this, rather than just go to the app and create on. It seems foolish now to say SIRI will be used a lot, just wait a couple weeks.
    10-11-2011 05:48 PM
    Since they announced it, I swear at least 2 or 3 times a day I wish I had it. Usually it's when I think of something that I need to do while I'm driving.

Siri is going to be my new best friend... helping me to keep myself organized.
    10-11-2011 05:50 PM

Seriously, though. Is it not the most amazing thing you've ever seen? It's not a canned system either - it literally does everything and it does it by voice within seconds - faster than any physical input method on the iPhone.

Freaking amazing.
    I think for Siri to be the most amazing thing I've ever seen she would have to beat Watson at Jeopardy. But she is still pretty impressive.
    10-11-2011 06:09 PM
    I don't drive and live in NYC, so am constantly surrounded by people. It's definitely awesome, I'd really like to see if developers will be able to integrate it into their apps?
    10-11-2011 06:14 PM

Question: does Siri work with ESL accents? I have a friend who wants this phone too but she's Korean. Speaks great English, just not perfect.
    At first it may not work the best, but Siri learns your voice. It will adapt to your friends voice and answer commands based on that. It's an absurdly innovative technology.
    10-11-2011 06:25 PM
    Live in the NOW, my friend.
    (though to be quite honest, the NOW would be much more fun if I had an iPhone 4S in my hand.)
    10-11-2011 06:55 PM
    Can I have your phone?!
    10-11-2011 07:05 PM
    i agree 100%. but there is still more to be done because its not complete its a beta...time will tell
    10-11-2011 07:09 PM
    I've been seeing that also. I'm betting they change their tune when it gets some good hands on by the tech sites/writers.
    Jellotime91 likes this.
    10-11-2011 08:05 PM
    Siri is probably the biggest feature I am looking forward to. It looks like it will blow anything on Android out of the water....
    10-11-2011 08:52 PM
    Siri, who's the worst MLB team?

Wayne, what a silly question you git. It's the Yankees, of course!
    10-11-2011 08:54 PM
    I love how Siri has a bit of an attitude in these videos, I'm going to have so much fun with her! Or I guess I should say "have fun with it."
    10-12-2011 02:40 AM
    Can I have your phone?!
    Luckily, the thought of Siri revived me; I'll be needing that iPhone 4S after all.

Can't it just be Friday already?? This week is dragging!
    10-12-2011 02:42 AM
    I was a bit on the fence when I saw the demo at the keynote, but after seeing a few reviews I am now quite interested in how this might save me some time, and exercise - by not having to use my fingers.
    10-12-2011 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD