Waiting in line for the iPhone 4S on Release Day!

catchmeblue70

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I got to the AT&T store at 8 and there were no people and no phones. The guy said they expected them to be delivered between 8 and 10, so my name is on a list and I'm killing time. Grrrrr...

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I got into the ATT Store in Hazleton at 8AM. I was #4 in line. I went in with the first wave. I was out of there FIRST with my iPhone 4S 64GB in white.

IT'S SOOO FAST
SIRI OWNS

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
my buddy is planning on going down to the Best Buy after work tonight. I told him to stop by after and play with mines after he has no luck at 6PM....

thems the breaks!

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I got to the AT&T store at 8 and there were no people and no phones. The guy said they expected them to be delivered between 8 and 10, so my name is on a list and I'm killing time. Grrrrr...
WOW...I can't believe a carrier wouldn't have iPhone's available on launch day at store opening? Off with someone's head...lol

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I went to my local AT&T store at 5:30 this morning.... No one else showed up till 6:30 and the line started filling up around 7-7:15. I was first in line and by the time the doors opened there were 50+ people in line and it was wrapping around the back of the store..

I was in and out in 10 mins.. LOVING my white one.. It was a last minute decision to get white or black and after hearing all the people outside say they were getting white, I figured I better get it before they sell out.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Here at the Lennox Mall Apple Store. Heard there was a line at 8am. Missed all that fun. Had to add the phone to my plan. Will drop the EVO. Sprint and AT&T Servers down after California stores opened and came online. 32Gb White with case and car charger (don't recall brands of case and car charger. Will report those later. They can't sell me the phone without activating it, so I'm waiting for the Sprint network to come back up. Not leaving. Nothing else to do. Nowhere else to go. I've already had lunch, so I'm just chilling on a Macbook Pro 13 inch and waiting for the Sprint Network to return so I can get my lovely activated Siri.. I mean, iPhone 4S. Took a couple of pics at the store. Good crowd. Not wearing a Black Turtle neck, but am wearing black jeans and a Black short sleeve button down. Mr. Blak. LOL!!! This place is cool. The Apple Store Rocks.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell how long the line outside the store is from inside. I have one shot from the Window. I may switch MacBooks to get closer to the front Window so I can get a pic of the line outside. I dunno if the Apple Store management would be cool with that though. Sprint activation server still down. Waiting.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Obviously it would be way to obvious to take pics, but there are some gorgeous women shopping here at the Apple store. If someone had told me that all the babes were into Apple tech, I would've bailed a long time ago. OMFG!!!!! :-O

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
They've got the AC cranked up nice and cold so all the body heat from the bevy of beauties, doesn't over heat the whole place. Looking at a 13" Macbook. Come on Sprint. Get it together and get the activation servers up. I'm not leaving this store without my iPhone. I've got all day till you close to get those activation servers up.

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
* Where did you purchase your 4S? Southern California
* How early did you arrive? 4am
* Include photos of your line!...I didn't have an iphone to take pics cause i sold my 4
* How long did it take to process your purchase and get you out the door? about 10 minutes
* Did you have an good or bad experience? It was alright. almost didnt get a 4S cause i wasnt "eligible for an upgrade"
* Did you pay full retail or upgrade pricing? $449 plus tax

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Watching Youtube on a Macbook Pro in an Apple Store. Try that in Best Buy. Never gonna happen. This totally freakin rules, man. There is still a line outside. Just waiting for the Sprint Servers to come back up so I can get my Jesus Phone. Meanwhile, rocking George Lynch on a Laptop with the best laptop speakers on earth (MACBOOK PRO).

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Can't get onto flckr to link the pics I took on my EVO. May have to link them later. If I'm lucky, I'll get to take some more without any probs. We shall see.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Just found out that the line outside is for AT&T customers, due to their activation network being down, like Sprint. Just talked to a rep who apparently didn't know that the Sprint activation network was down. He just came back and said that it's "hit or miss". Getting a sales person for me to try again. I'm going to have that sales person just keep trying until we get on and get me activated. I have nothing to do and nowhere to go. Rep just went looking for my salesperson. Told him we can keep trying until it works due to it being "hit or miss". I have nothing else to do today but this, so if that's the definition of an Apple Fanboi, they need to start passing out the Koolaid. I'm THIRSTY.

mellisnj

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy Holmdel, NJ did not receive one iPhone 4s for Sprint. Epic Fail. Totally disappointed and they may have lost my future business

dslunceford

Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Arrived at Sprint Store in Sterling, VA at 7:30, 8th person in line. Staff arrived at 7:45, opened doors at 8am. They then proceeded to spend 25 minutes entering phone stock into their system.

11 total people in line. They ask each person what model they want. Get to me and I specify 4s 16 gig white. They take the first three customers to start sales process (it's now approx 8:30). First customer doesn't leave until 9:06am. They somehow start processing upgrade for woman behind me in line instead of me. When they go to start processing me at 9:15, they say "oops, must have miscounted, we don't have any 16 gig white." Manager says they've put one on hold from nearby store and can have for me by 1pm.

I leave at 9:20 am to go home, take a conference call and pack up to go to work. Return to store at 10:20 am to drop off my business card, and the folks that were numbers 5 & 6 in line ahead of me were *still* at the store. They've now been there 2hrs and 20 minutes since store opening. Manager then tells me - sorry, we wont be getting you a white one after all; other stores out of stock.

Run home again to place upgrade order online, and should have the phone in a week or so. Wasn't going to waste anymore time with the incompetency of the Sterling store supervisor, Sonia Rios.

EDIT:
After sending a note off to Sprint (head of consumer biz) thanking him for a great web experience and pointing out the bad in-store experience, I was pleasantly surprised to have them call me to apologize. I also had my new iPhone arrive at my doorstep Saturday morning. Excellent service and recovery from the in-store snafu.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner