What's the first thing you'll say to Siri?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
evolution or creation? what created the evolution? what created the creation?

LOL

Play with Siri for hours and hours...

It's so funny to me when people downplay Siri and say things like "My Nokia did that in 2003"... Really?

I think Siri is one of those things people will have to see a few times to really understand just how advanced it is. There has never been anything like Siri that hooks into a device that way and uses such great AI tech.

compared to the google search feature on android, siri is like gold. they were absolutely genius to come up with siri.

Last edited:

dandbj13

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this thread leaves me more amused or disturbed. Sure, I'm going to ask her if she has a boyfriend, and if so, a sister. :) (My wife never has to know). But I can't help but cringe at the fact that many people will buy this phone to use this feature as a juvenile toy. It is like watching cavemen use a Macbook Air as a door stop. To many people who have been left behind by technology, this is no toy; it is a magic carpet.

I am very glad that Apple took the time to insert humor into the program, though. That small detail will increase engagement and turn this feature into a media sensation. I laughed out loud when I read the response to, "I need to bury a body!"

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPhone 4 so don't have Siri but I pre-ordered the iPhone 5 which will! I am thinking of what to say 1st lol. My little brother has the 4S & once in a while I would try & use it when he wasn't looking but I would rush & say something stupid. I think I'm going to ask a sports question like "What's Derek Jeter's current batting average?" since I'm a Yankees fan & since Siri now does sports! I can't wait for Siri!

dandbj13

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the iPhone 4 so don't have Siri but I pre-ordered the iPhone 5 which will! I am thinking of what to say 1st lol. My little brother has the 4S & once in a while I would try & use it when he wasn't looking but I would rush & say something stupid. I think I'm going to ask a sports question like "What's Derek Jeter's current batting average?" since I'm a Yankees fan & since Siri now does sports! I can't wait for Siri!

Having been using iOS 6 since the beta, I can tell you that Siri is great with sports. I'm a football fan. I keep up on all the scores and standings with Siri. You're gonna love it.

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Having been using iOS 6 since the beta, I can tell you that Siri is great with sports. I'm a football fan. I keep up on all the scores and standings with Siri. You're gonna love it.

I can't wait! Especially with baseball playoffs coming up & football now going on. I have the NFL app but it would be so much easier asking Siri "who are the Jets playing this week?" rather than looking it up lol. How well does the movie info work? My fiance & I go see a lot of movies so that part of Siri would also be very helpful!

dandbj13

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait! Especially with baseball playoffs coming up & football now going on. I have the NFL app but it would be so much easier asking Siri "who are the Jets playing this week?" rather than looking it up lol. How well does the movie info work? My fiance & I go see a lot of movies so that part of Siri would also be very helpful!

Sorry to be so long replying. I am a managing editor at an iOS blog. As you can imagine, things are a bit busy these days. :) I haven't been to see a movie in a couple of months. I used to go quite frequently before that. Siri definitely knows movies. She knows actors, Academy award trivia, and of course, times and theaters.

I find that your question needs to be a bit more precise, as there are a lot of ways to misunderstand a question about a movie with a common phrase as a title. Asking about the best picture could be a question about art or the Academy awards. Asking about what Bo Jackson played in could just as easily be a sports question.

It helps me to visualize Siri as an assistant in the outer office that I buzz for help from time to time. She is raven haired. :) I consider how I would ask that question of a human assistant who is competent, but has to look things up. If She could understand my question, so can Siri.

Reactions: mtavenger55

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner