No bank activity yet from my pre-order

bkmac

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having some worries, hopefully someone can clear this up for me and have me not worry.

I pre-ordered the 4S through the VZW website on 10/7 at around 3AM or so. It is now 10/11, and I have no activity on my Chase account taking out the $217.74 for the order. Yet, the phone says it is to be shipped 10/14 still when I check my order status.

Should I be worried that I perhaps accidentally entered in a strangers credit card # when I placed the order, or will I not see any bank activity until the phone is actually verified as shipped?

I am calling Verizon/Chase today to hopefully resolve the situation, but I figured TiPB can help me out a bit.

bkmac

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow, thanks for the quick response.

My VZW Order Status reads

We received your order and it is in process.
Expected Ship Date: 10/14/2011

since 10/7, that is standard at this point on the 11th, correct, or should it be further by now?

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

since 10/7, that is standard at this point on the 11th, correct, or should it be further by now?

Even if it did ship yesterday say, Apple has arrangements with the shippers to actually delay delivery until the 14th. Granted some may slip through the cracks but it's unlikely.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Once you get a shipping confirmation with tracking number, you'll also see the charge posted to your credit card - and what you're seeing is not unusual.

mister23

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
My question is how will the phone arrive on Fri via UPS if there is no tracking # yet. If it does not ship by the end of the day then I figure it will not be here by Fri.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My question is how will the phone arrive on Fri via UPS if there is no tracking # yet. If it does not ship by the end of the day then I figure it will not be here by Fri.

Overnight delivery, two day delivery, depends. I only order from Apple and if the date says delivery by the 14th, it will be there. I can't speak for Sprint or Verizon though.

ProMed

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the 4S through the VZW website on 10/7 at around 3AM or so. It is now 10/11, and I have no activity on my Chase account taking out the $217.74 for the order. Yet, the phone says it is to be shipped 10/14 still when I check my order status.

Ordered a white 64gb 4s from Verizon on 10/8 at around 10:30am. My checking account was charged at 10:20am today. Order status on Verizon says "Your pre-order will deliver by 10/21/2011" in the tracking # status section.

bkmac

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So I just got home from school, checked to see the money was taken out of my bank account and the order status reads will be delivered by 10/14! (No Tracking # yet though).

My thread has worked in mysterious ways :) .

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Good stuff they just took the money out and my status changed to it will be delivered by the 14. Im so excited! I don't think I have read as much as I have with people wanting there bank accounts to be lowered

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Alot of pre-orders are shipping between the 14th and 21st. Sadly. I think there are gonna be some unhappy guys who pre-ordered not receiving phones on the 14th.

keithjk

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon myself and they said no phones will be shipped until the 14th. As in, not leaving their warehouse until the 14. Anyone else feel as though they were wronged by this? They did originally say pre-orders would be shipped to be DELIVERED on the 14th, right? (Provided you ordered early enough, of course)

Clearly, if they were not going to ship them until the 14, no one would be receiving them ON the 14, and therefore, they should have stated this. Not sent out emails saying "Will be shipped to ARRIVE on 10/14/2011."

travisdthomas

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon myself and they said no phones will be shipped until the 14th. As in, not leaving their warehouse until the 14. Anyone else feel as though they were wronged by this? They did originally say pre-orders would be shipped to be DELIVERED on the 14th, right? (Provided you ordered early enough, of course)

Clearly, if they were not going to ship them until the 14, no one would be receiving them ON the 14, and therefore, they should have stated this. Not sent out emails saying "Will be shipped to ARRIVE on 10/14/2011."

I ordered with VZW and they updated my status today saying order will be delivered by 14 OCT. No tracking number yet.

Stupidkid

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I ordered from Apple.CA and the American express hasn't been charged yet, but available funds has dropped the $700.

Personally, Im not expecting the phone to arrive(In Edmonton, AB) until around late next week. Say 19th.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I ordered from Apple.CA and the American express hasn't been charged yet, but available funds has dropped the $700.

Personally, Im not expecting the phone to arrive(In Edmonton, AB) until around late next week. Say 19th.

that's cuz it was just authorized for the amount, they won't post it to the account until the get a merchant slip from Apple, nobody would allow preorders to go through if the cards were declining a pre-authoriation, that'd be crazy

Reactions: Stupidkid

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR