Long lines Friday? Better at Apple or AT&T?

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I didn't preorder my iPhone 4S because I will be travelling on Friday. I am hoping to somehow get one then. Do you think the lines will be better at Apple or an AT&T store? It seems everyone is opening around 8 am. I remember when iPhone went from 3G to 3GS there basically were no lines. This seems different. The sales are much higher BUT it is distributed over 3 different carriers. Any speculation here?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I used to go to the Apple store to line up early but I ever since they introduced the pre-order, you can't beat it. UPS/Fed Ex show up super early where I live so I can get up, browse these forums over some breakfast waiting for my phone to be delivered while others are up way too early waiting in line for hours. ;)

Now that all of that is out of the way, Apple is the way to go in my opinion.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
our ATT store told me that they would have a ridiculous number in store, more than the preorder allotment even.

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
our ATT store told me that they would have a ridiculous number in store, more than the preorder allotment even.

This is what i was told also at my local AT&T. I will be up there about an hour early. Haven't decided if I want to go White or stay Black. All of my iPhones have been black, but wouldn't mind getting a white to reduce the visibility of smudges and scratches.

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
One of my coworkers said in the past he's had good luck getting it at the ATT store instead of the Apple Store. But, Pre-ordering is definitely the way to go ;)

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I waited in line for hours at the Apple store for the 4, but had to go to work. I went to an AT&T store and the lines weren't nearly as long. There are more AT&T stores to share the load.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Apple store will have much longer lines but much more inventory. And a better launch day buying experience.

KCook3

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
During a launch a year ago our local apple store was so full if you wanted to enter the store you had to stand in a corral in the mall. when someone left they would call the corral and let the next person walk over to enter the store.

KC

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't need the food, drinks, longer line or party like atmosphere so I am going to my local Verizon Store 1/2 hour before they open..the Verizon Store told me they will have plenty of phones and the lines won't take long, in fact there were times when there were no lines at all on the iPhone 4 release day..

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't need the food, drinks, longer line or party like atmosphere so I am going to my local Verizon Store 1/2 hour before they open..the Verizon Store told me they will have plenty of phones and the lines won't take long, in fact there were times when there were no lines at all on the iPhone 4 release day..
I think I'll do the same. I just hope 1/2 hour before opening is enough to get in and out relatively quickly.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I think I'll do the same. I just hope 1/2 hour before opening is enough to get in and out relatively quickly.

My thoughts exactly. I'm hoping to get to the AT&T store about 7:30 and get out right after they open at 8. I hope I'm not living a fantasy with that.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My thoughts exactly. I'm hoping to get to the AT&T store about 7:30 and get out right after they open at 8. I hope I'm not living a fantasy with that.

I'm doubtful of the in n out that quickly. Long lines... long wait... take a chair, bring a beverage and enjoy the party.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I made the mistake of waiting 'til Saturday morning to make my pre-order, but when I saw that the estimated delivery date had moved to 10/21, I cancelled and decided to try my luck at the store. Let's hope we're not disappointed!

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I made the mistake of waiting 'til Saturday morning to make my pre-order, but when I saw that the estimated delivery date had moved to 10/21, I cancelled and decided to try my luck at the store. Let's hope we're not disappointed!

That's exactly what happened with me. I'm crossing my fingers that there aren't too many people when i get there. I'm from a pretty small town.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73