Sprint iPhone 4S thread

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I hate to admit to this, but I've often found staring at the iPad 2 while in WalMart, wishing they'd boot it up and let me play with it. That's how I arrived at the iPhone. Played with one in a Verizon store and that was it for me. It was over with Android right there. I didn't care at that point what ICS and the Nexus was going to be. It took everything in me not to bail from Sprint that day, but then I got an e-mail with the rumor that it was coming to Sprint, and here we are....

Wait a minute.... didn't you use to have a Xoom? I could've sworn I read in some thread that you did...

Nope, never had a Xoom.

When I started thinking about getting a tablet an awesome man showed me his iPad 2 and that did it for me. Ordered one shortly after and never looked at any others.

Mistress of Mischief

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
My Gift Certificate will arrive tomorrow!!! YAY!!!! I still have to wait till next Friday's Payday to cover the out of pocket $149 plus tax, but it's worth the wait. You'll all get yours before I get mine, so fill us all in on anything you have going on with your iPhone 4S's. Apps. Network performance. Call clarity. Everything. I may have a bunch of questions, so bare with me.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
My Gift Certificate will arrive tomorrow!!! YAY!!!! I still have to wait till next Friday's Payday to cover the out of pocket $149 plus tax, but it's worth the wait. You'll all get yours before I get mine, so fill us all in on anything you have going on with your iPhone 4S's. Apps. Network performance. Call clarity. Everything. I may have a bunch of questions, so bare with me.

Mine's scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Mistress of Mischief

mech1164

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
If you don't mind I have a question. I to have a near launch EVO. It's been good and all but had an orig iPhone 2 phones ago. Are the people who have the EVO eating the cost difference? As it is if I want to get it at advertised prices. I have to wait until April. Or is Sprint cutting deals?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

mobile79

May 22, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind I have a question. I to have a near launch EVO. It's been good and all but had an orig iPhone 2 phones ago. Are the people who have the EVO eating the cost difference? As it is if I want to get it at advertised prices. I have to wait until April. Or is Sprint cutting deals?

From what I'm hearing Sprint isn't doing any favors in this regard. I had heard that some people's upgrade dates had been moved up, but recently others have been posting they haven't had any luck trying to get Sprint to do it.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

No deals that I know of. I'm on the last round of gold premier and can't upgrade my Evo line until 12/01, I think Blu was similar, but he won an Apple GC to buy the phone off contract.

My creativity to get one with subsidized pricing was to just add a line! Then, I can swap each year according to whichever is due for an upgrade! :)

Mistress of Mischief

mech1164

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
No deals that I know of. I'm on the last round of gold premier and can't upgrade my Evo line until 12/01, I think Blu was similar, but he won an Apple GC to buy the phone off contract.

My creativity to get one with subsidized pricing was to just add a line! Then, I can swap each year according to whichever is due for an upgrade! :)

Mistress of Mischief

You would think that they would take a page out of ATT's playbook and allow an early upgrade. Hey Sprint good way to keep a customer! As much as I like the EVO and Wimax. I can give it up for now for better battery life. Sprint sometimes reminds me of the guy that could screw up a good thing everytime.

numb3rmonkey

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
You would think that they would take a page out of ATT's playbook and allow an early upgrade. Hey Sprint good way to keep a customer! As much as I like the EVO and Wimax. I can give it up for now for better battery life. Sprint sometimes reminds me of the guy that could screw up a good thing everytime.

Sprint can't afford the ink in ATT's playbook.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

They made a lot of changes recently, you can't bill anything to your account anymore, either.

Mistress of Mischief

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I reported this elsewhere but since someone asked.

The only way I could get the iPhone 4S at the Apple store for subsidized price was to have the Sprint Rep add it as a second line. She then instructed me to deactivate the EVO after activating the iPhone and the ETF would be pro-rated. She was right. Since I'm only a month and a half away from what would've been my annual upgrade, I'll only be paying $140 in ETF. It's worth it. Glad I did it. The Launch day experience was awesome.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope, never had a Xoom.

When I started thinking about getting a tablet an awesome man showed me his iPad 2 and that did it for me. Ordered one shortly after and never looked at any others.

Mistress of Mischief

I must've had you confused with someone else.

I couldn't really play with the iPads because they were locked down sitting next to Macbook Pros with comparison info on screen. But I did get to play with everything from the 13.3" to the 17" and can see myself with a Macbook Pro in any of those sizes. APPLE ROCKS!!!

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I must've had you confused with someone else.

I couldn't really play with the iPads because they were locked down sitting next to Macbook Pros with comparison info on screen. But I did get to play with everything from the 13.3" to the 17" and can see myself with a Macbook Pro in any of those sizes. APPLE ROCKS!!!

I've got a Mac mini, Apple TV, iPad 2 and now the 4S.

Mistress of Mischief

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
This is just an anecdotal observation, but apparently, there are a lot of beautiful women in all age groups, who are Apple users. Maybe I've been looking in all the wrong places for Miss Right? Just saying. LOL!!!

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
got mines today. sprint tells me the phone is UNLOCKED for use outside of the US....but otherwise locked to sprint within the country.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
If you travel soon, test it out and let us know. It's one of the reasons I got it. it will make going on tour in Europe, much smoother.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
This is just an anecdotal observation, but apparently, there are a lot of beautiful women in all age groups, who are Apple users. Maybe I've been looking in all the wrong places for Miss Right? Just saying. LOL!!!

I have to agree! ;-)

Mistress of Mischief

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I got mine from Walmart today. There was no one there and they had tons. I guess people in this area forgot that Walmart sold the iPhone. There were long lines outside the AT&T and Verizon stores just across the street.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner