Sprint iPhone 4S thread

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
My Evo has been given me the evil eye lately. I think it knows it's about to kick rocks.

Yeah, I have to agree! The charging port on mine came loose the other day, for no reason. It was in and inside breast pocket of my jacket, by itself.

Mistress of Mischief

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Can we have a mass Evo funeral, after you get yours?

Mistress of Mischief

I think we should do that, film it with our iPhones and You tube it. The EVO is a really bad relationship that just needs to end. :D .... But rather than destroy them, maybe selling them on Ebay would be better, since there are Android fans out there who apparently would rather root, rom, and tinker with phones? And it would be rather iRonic to make a bit of pocket change off propeller head Androids.

Last edited:

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have to agree! The charging port on mine came loose the other day, for no reason. It was in and inside breast pocket of my jacket, by itself.

Mistress of Mischief

At least that's a hardware problem that goes down to wear and tare. My EVO is munching on it's on storage. anywhere from 10 to 20mb just vanishes and I haven't installed any new programs. And this is without me even doing anything on the phone. Skynet at it's worst. LOL!!!

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I think we should do that, film it with our iPhones and You tube it. The EVO is a really bad relationship that just needs to end. :D .... But rather than destroy them, maybe selling them on Ebay would be better, since there are Android fans out there who apparently would rather root, rom, and tinker with phones? And it would be rather iRonic to make a bit of pocket change off propeller head Androids.

See my other post, mine wouldn't be able to be sold. I've barely been able to get to charge enough to last, until my iPhone arrives.

Mistress of Mischief

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
At least that's a hardware problem that goes down to wear and tare. My EVO is munching on it's on storage. anywhere from 10 to 20mb just vanishes and I haven't installed any new programs. And this is without me even doing anything on the phone. Skynet at it's worst. LOL!!!

It's just so weird, since it was in a padded pocket by itself. I wasn't even using it, because I was having a medical test done.

Mistress of Mischief

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
EEk. Well, we may just need to have an EVO DEATH PARTY then. I've got the them song. LOL!!

Perfect!!!

I was so happy to see that my tracking info updated this morning. It's listed as being on time for delivery tomorrow!

Mistress of Mischief

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
YAY!!! I'd say, take pics of the un boxing, but never mind that with the EVO.

Any other EVO users bailing on that WiMax POS, sound off.

numb3rmonkey

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
YAY!!! I'd say, take pics of the un boxing, but never mind that with the EVO.

Any other EVO users bailing on that WiMax POS, sound off.

Evo has been good to me until lately. Sense likes to restart at the HTC screen after every phone call or browsing the web. WiMAX was a big joke.

Eli4S

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My Evo has really been messing up lately, and I really don't know why... Every time I hit the back button, most of the time it'll go to a different app, or it will just go to the htc screen or a black screen and just come up with a force close... so glad my iPhone comes tomorrow..

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
How do you find the delivery time? When I go to the UPS site and track the number, it is very generic. Acknowledge the shipment, etc. But, I see no indication of when it is to be delivered at all.

Mine is pretty generic too...Just says by the end of the day. Doesn't say what time exactly.

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Doing it anywhere but the Apple store won't be an option for me. My Gift Certificate is to the Apple store. I'd rather pay $149 plus tax with the $500 Gift Certificate for the 16GB ASAP rather than attempt to live with the life sucking abyss that Gingerbread on the EVO, is for me right now. I can't stand this thing and since I have an immediate way out, next Friday is payday and I'd prefer to just go ahead and do it then (assuming my gift Certificate Arrives to me by the, Rene???) :D

You've got a totally different situation than what was being described in the post I was replying to. They were asking if you could use an upgrade on a different line than the one you actually wanted the phone on.

pks627

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Tomorrow, I am moving from a (nearly) launch day Palm Pre to a beautiful new iPhone 4S. My wife is moving from an Evo Shift to yet another beautiful new iPhone 4S. Can't wait!

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
You've got a totally different situation than what was being described in the post I was replying to. They were asking if you could use an upgrade on a different line than the one you actually wanted the phone on.

Yes, my situation is different. For others, The Sprint store or perhaps even Best Buy or Radio Shack, are a better option. We all have different options that will work better for us all.

I hope that everyone's phone upgrade situation works out the way it should, with the customer Happy and Sprint getting a much needed financial shot in the arm. The stock is up 7% at $2.75. The only way to go is up.

It will be very interesting to hear the impressions of EVO users in particular, going from what we've been using to something entirely different. First impressions are much appreciated, since you will all have yours in hand before I get mine. Share when you can.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, my situation is different. For others, The Sprint store or perhaps even Best Buy or Radio Shack, are a better option. We all have different options that will work better for us all.

I hope that everyone's phone upgrade situation works out the way it should, with the customer Happy and Sprint getting a much needed financial shot in the arm. The stock is up 7% at $2.75. The only way to go is up.

It will be very interesting to hear the impressions of EVO users in particular, going from what we've been using to something entirely different. First impressions are much appreciated, since you will all have yours in hand before I get mine. Share when you can.

I've already got an iPad 2 and can tell you that it is much smoother and faster than Sense ever was.

Mistress of Mischief

mobile79

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I've already got an iPad 2 and can tell you that it is much smoother and faster than Sense ever was.

Mistress of Mischief

Very much agreed, and having used an iPhone 4 and many Android devices in the past, all these custom UI overlays really make for a choppy and clunky user experience. I'm in no way saying that Android is bad (stock Android runs more smoothly but is very bland), but my user experience with iOS is smoother and more enjoyable. iOS just feels "higher end" rather than "animated" like Android.

Bigchris

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking forward to trying the 4s out. I've had the EVO since launch, and it really has been the best phone I've had. I already have an iPad 2 and a MacBook as well, so I'm familiar with Apples products, I'm really curious as to how the iPhone compares. The screen size of the iPhones use to bother me until I got my iPad 2, I don't use the phone that often to surf the web anymore.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Mistress of Mischief

I hate to admit to this, but I've often found staring at the iPad 2 while in WalMart, wishing they'd boot it up and let me play with it. That's how I arrived at the iPhone. Played with one in a Verizon store and that was it for me. It was over with Android right there. I didn't care at that point what ICS and the Nexus was going to be. It took everything in me not to bail from Sprint that day, but then I got an e-mail with the rumor that it was coming to Sprint, and here we are....

Wait a minute.... didn't you use to have a Xoom? I could've sworn I read in some thread that you did...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2