Sprint iPhone 4S thread

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see one so I made one. If I missed that there already is one, I apologize and delete the thread but if there is not, then this is the place to report on the performance of your iPhone 4S on the SPRINT NETWORK (not some other carrier). Do you have any issues or problems? Did you get any accessories and how are they working? Apps you are using. Data network performance? Anything related to the iPhone 4S on Sprint. You will all have yours before I get mine on December 1st, so anything you report will be helpful to me and anyone else who is getting theirs later this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: spuntz82

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It will be identical to the Verizon iPhone 4, the AT&T iPhone 4, the Orange iPhone 4, the Rogers iPhone 4.....etc., etc.

There really is no need for a separate thread for this.

spuntz82

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
It will be identical to the Verizon iPhone 4, the AT&T iPhone 4, the Orange iPhone 4, the Rogers iPhone 4.....etc., etc.

I don't think that's the point the author was trying to make with this thread. We're on Sprint. Not At&t, Orange, Rodger or Verizon. We get different service. We have different stores. We have an unlimited plan. This thread will be for us to talk about how we like the phone on the SPRINT network. How did the SPRINT employees act if we bought from a store. What accessories we'll buy from the SPRINT store. So the way I see it is there is a reason to make a separate thread. And Alli, feel free to make your own for your carrier :)

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the thread is valid because different networks can have different issues. Maybe the iPhone has issues with the SMS or the signal

" Think different"

~ Steve Jobs ~

Maestro1#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
as a sprint subscriber on a webOS phone that is going to get the 4S I am very interested in how the iPhones performance on sprint network will be. We all know sprints data speeds have been horrendous as of this year, how much worse can they get now that there will be plenty of new iPhones on the network. I know sprint is deploying cdma service on its 800mhz band however only a few phones launched this year have that capability the iphone not being one of them.

anyone know if there is a sprint navigation app in the app store? I know apple doesn't allow carrier bloatware, but anyone with a smartphone on sprint gets the service included for free, and is very useful.

I also wonder how the slower data speeds on sprint might effect the performance of siri....

I hope to hear good reviews from early adopters since I wont be eligible for upgrade until December 1st

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
as a sprint subscriber on a webOS phone that is going to get the 4S I am very interested in how the iPhones performance on sprint network will be. We all know sprints data speeds have been horrendous as of this year, how much worse can they get now that there will be plenty of new iPhones on the network. I know sprint is deploying cdma service on its 800mhz band however only a few phones launched this year have that capability the iphone not being one of them.

anyone know if there is a sprint navigation app in the app store? I know apple doesn't allow carrier bloatware, but anyone with a smartphone on sprint gets the service included for free, and is very useful.

I also wonder how the slower data speeds on sprint might effect the performance of siri....

I hope to hear good reviews from early adopters since I wont be eligible for upgrade until December 1st

Now you're making me nervous! I just switched to Sprint from Verizon because it was a better deal for me, and you're telling me that the data speeds are going to actually affect the performance of the phone other than data speeds? That does not bode well for me at all.

Everyone I spoke with was happy with Sprint and said they didn't notice slower speeds than their friends on Verizon...

At least I have 14 days to decide if I'm happy with the service I suppose.

SHO_ONE#IM

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I too would like to know if Sprint's going to offer navigation on the Iphone 4 / 4S or simply nickle and dime us and charge monthy for it?!?

Last edited:

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke to a friend that actually works in the call center that will do the tech support for the iPhone and he said he was not trained on any navigation apps yet.

" Think different"

~ Steve Jobs ~

Maestro1#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Now you're making me nervous! I just switched to Sprint from Verizon because it was a better deal for me, and you're telling me that the data speeds are going to actually affect the performance of the phone other than data speeds? That does not bode well for me at all.

Everyone I spoke with was happy with Sprint and said they didn't notice slower speeds than their friends on Verizon...

At least I have 14 days to decide if I'm happy with the service I suppose.

no slower data speeds only affect the performance of things that use data, be it on browsing or apps things would probably be slower, I was only referencing siri because some requests go through servers and it just might be a little slower than as demonstrated.

sprints horrendous data speeds have only been something recently as of this year. I wish sprint would address but they don't. Many believe it is due to them completely re doing their entire network, known as the sprint network vision initiative.

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
no slower data speeds only affect the performance of things that use data, be it on browsing or apps things would probably be slower, I was only referencing siri because some requests go through servers and it just might be a little slower than as demonstrated.

sprints horrendous data speeds have only been something recently as of this year. I wish sprint would address but they don't. Many believe it is due to them completely re doing their entire network, known as the sprint network vision initiative.

I have been noticing the issues more recently too. My husband had a month where his phone wouldn't work/get a signal where he works (mid/North Dallas), but would if he got a little further away. It was weird. It has since been fixed, but the techs said they were working on towers in the area, and they made all sorts of credits to our account and even switched out phones, in case the towers weren't the issue. I don't always notice a problem, but today, for example, I am having issues with the 3G, but not the 4G. Wifi at home, of course, works perfectly. I'm hoping once things get upgraded, it will be fine again. I hope all the iPhones don't make it worse...:(

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
When I tested out Sprint with a photon, the data speeds were actually faster with the Photon on Sprint 3G than they were on my work iPhone 3GS, in my area that is. Granted, AT&T is, from my understanding, the most popular carrier here in Northwest Arkansas leaving Sprint's network a bit free(er). Plus, I'm usually on wifi (the nice thing about living on a college campus where wifi is almost everywhere) most of the time, so time to save some $$$ and switch back to sprint and my family's family plan.

Last edited:

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I too would like to know if Sprint's going to offer navigation on the Iphone 4 / 4S or simply nickle and dime us and charge monthy for it?!?

With all of you on this one. One of the reasons I've created this thread.

The only thing I like about my EVO is the Navigation app and it's turn by turn spoken directions. I'd hope that this sprint TELENAV app would be offered in some capacity for the iPhone 4 and 4S. As soon as anyone knows and/or has them installed and working, please report their performance and any issues. I tend to rely on this app for directions. Google Maps works, but at least on the EVO, it didn't talk.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

I heard something about this too. They are rolling CDMA, 3G, and LTE together using the Nextel spectrum, I think.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if Sprint will allow Tethering (cable or WiFi) on the Sprint iPhone 4S. Does anyone know if the Sprint hot spot service will be available on the Sprint iPhone 4S?

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I think if you pay the hotspot fee, right? I believe it was almost $30. I thought I had read that somewhere. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I haven't used the hotspot before on my phone.

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
With all of you on this one. One of the reasons I've created this thread.

The only thing I like about my EVO is the Navigation app and it's turn by turn spoken directions. I'd hope that this sprint TELENAV app would be offered in some capacity for the iPhone 4 and 4S. As soon as anyone knows and/or has them installed and working, please report their performance and any issues. I tend to rely on this app for directions. Google Maps works, but at least on the EVO, it didn't talk.

I'm hoping that they will. Telenav (what Sprint Navigation is based on) released AT&T Navigator software and Verizon Navigator software, so it would make sense that Sprint Navigation software wouldn't be that hard to make.

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping that they will. Telenav (what Sprint Navigation is based on) released AT&T Navigator software and Verizon Navigator software, so it would make sense that Sprint Navigation software wouldn't be that hard to make.

I hope so too. I really like Telenav. I use it often on my EVO; it replaced the Sprint Nav app. It's so much better than a portable GPS, and it self-updates and provides traffic...nice to have on roadtrips, or when lost, which unforunately, I find myself more often than I care to.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Not true in the slightest! I would have said the only thing that is identical is how it looks but there will probably be slight differences between carriers just like on the iP4. 99% of people that actually have Sprint will tell you their moble experience is different than their friends on other carriers. Personally I have not been able to make a call or use the internet at all while my friends on other networks have 4 bars... and it has been on more than one occasion. So yes I would think this is a very valid thread.

To the OP, thank you for this and I look forward to hearing other Sprint customers experiences :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaosShadow