I hate to admit to this, but I've often found staring at the iPad 2 while in WalMart, wishing they'd boot it up and let me play with it. That's how I arrived at the iPhone. Played with one in a Verizon store and that was it for me. It was over with Android right there. I didn't care at that point what ICS and the Nexus was going to be. It took everything in me not to bail from Sprint that day, but then I got an e-mail with the rumor that it was coming to Sprint, and here we are....

Wait a minute.... didn't you use to have a Xoom? I could've sworn I read in some thread that you did...
    Nope, never had a Xoom.

When I started thinking about getting a tablet an awesome man showed me his iPad 2 and that did it for me. Ordered one shortly after and never looked at any others.

Mistress of Mischief
    10-13-2011 04:54 PM
    My Gift Certificate will arrive tomorrow!!! YAY!!!! I still have to wait till next Friday's Payday to cover the out of pocket $149 plus tax, but it's worth the wait. You'll all get yours before I get mine, so fill us all in on anything you have going on with your iPhone 4S's. Apps. Network performance. Call clarity. Everything. I may have a bunch of questions, so bare with me.
    10-13-2011 04:59 PM
    My Gift Certificate will arrive tomorrow!!! YAY!!!! I still have to wait till next Friday's Payday to cover the out of pocket $149 plus tax, but it's worth the wait. You'll all get yours before I get mine, so fill us all in on anything you have going on with your iPhone 4S's. Apps. Network performance. Call clarity. Everything. I may have a bunch of questions, so bare with me.
    Mine's scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Mistress of Mischief
    10-13-2011 05:05 PM
    If you don't mind I have a question. I to have a near launch EVO. It's been good and all but had an orig iPhone 2 phones ago. Are the people who have the EVO eating the cost difference? As it is if I want to get it at advertised prices. I have to wait until April. Or is Sprint cutting deals?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    10-13-2011 07:04 PM
    If you don't mind I have a question. I to have a near launch EVO. It's been good and all but had an orig iPhone 2 phones ago. Are the people who have the EVO eating the cost difference? As it is if I want to get it at advertised prices. I have to wait until April. Or is Sprint cutting deals?

From what I'm hearing Sprint isn't doing any favors in this regard. I had heard that some people's upgrade dates had been moved up, but recently others have been posting they haven't had any luck trying to get Sprint to do it.
    10-13-2011 07:13 PM

No deals that I know of. I'm on the last round of gold premier and can't upgrade my Evo line until 12/01, I think Blu was similar, but he won an Apple GC to buy the phone off contract.

My creativity to get one with subsidized pricing was to just add a line! Then, I can swap each year according to whichever is due for an upgrade! :-)

Mistress of Mischief
    10-13-2011 07:16 PM
    No deals that I know of. I'm on the last round of gold premier and can't upgrade my Evo line until 12/01, I think Blu was similar, but he won an Apple GC to buy the phone off contract.

My creativity to get one with subsidized pricing was to just add a line! Then, I can swap each year according to whichever is due for an upgrade! :-)

Mistress of Mischief
    You would think that they would take a page out of ATT's playbook and allow an early upgrade. Hey Sprint good way to keep a customer! As much as I like the EVO and Wimax. I can give it up for now for better battery life. Sprint sometimes reminds me of the guy that could screw up a good thing everytime.

10-13-2011 07:45 PM
    You would think that they would take a page out of ATT's playbook and allow an early upgrade. Hey Sprint good way to keep a customer! As much as I like the EVO and Wimax. I can give it up for now for better battery life. Sprint sometimes reminds me of the guy that could screw up a good thing everytime.

Sprint can't afford the ink in ATT's playbook.
    10-13-2011 07:48 PM

They made a lot of changes recently, you can't bill anything to your account anymore, either.

Mistress of Mischief
    10-13-2011 08:08 PM
    I reported this elsewhere but since someone asked.

The only way I could get the iPhone 4S at the Apple store for subsidized price was to have the Sprint Rep add it as a second line. She then instructed me to deactivate the EVO after activating the iPhone and the ETF would be pro-rated. She was right. Since I'm only a month and a half away from what would've been my annual upgrade, I'll only be paying $140 in ETF. It's worth it. Glad I did it. The Launch day experience was awesome.
    10-14-2011 10:08 PM
    I'm just keeping the extra line, then I'll be on a yearly upgrade cycle!

Mistress of Mischief
    10-14-2011 10:10 PM
    Nope, never had a Xoom.

When I started thinking about getting a tablet an awesome man showed me his iPad 2 and that did it for me. Ordered one shortly after and never looked at any others.

Mistress of Mischief
    I must've had you confused with someone else.

I couldn't really play with the iPads because they were locked down sitting next to Macbook Pros with comparison info on screen. But I did get to play with everything from the 13.3" to the 17" and can see myself with a Macbook Pro in any of those sizes. APPLE ROCKS!!!
    10-14-2011 10:18 PM
    I must've had you confused with someone else.

I couldn't really play with the iPads because they were locked down sitting next to Macbook Pros with comparison info on screen. But I did get to play with everything from the 13.3" to the 17" and can see myself with a Macbook Pro in any of those sizes. APPLE ROCKS!!!
    I've got a Mac mini, Apple TV, iPad 2 and now the 4S.

Mistress of Mischief
    10-14-2011 10:23 PM
    This is just an anecdotal observation, but apparently, there are a lot of beautiful women in all age groups, who are Apple users. Maybe I've been looking in all the wrong places for Miss Right? Just saying. LOL!!!
    10-14-2011 10:30 PM
    got mines today. sprint tells me the phone is UNLOCKED for use outside of the US....but otherwise locked to sprint within the country.
    10-14-2011 10:41 PM
    If you travel soon, test it out and let us know. It's one of the reasons I got it. it will make going on tour in Europe, much smoother.
    10-14-2011 10:45 PM
    I've got a Mac mini, Apple TV, iPad 2 and now the 4S.

Mistress of Mischief
    I can see all of those things happening to me in the future. But first, a Macbook...
    10-14-2011 10:52 PM
    This is just an anecdotal observation, but apparently, there are a lot of beautiful women in all age groups, who are Apple users. Maybe I've been looking in all the wrong places for Miss Right? Just saying. LOL!!!
    I have to agree! ;-)

Mistress of Mischief
    10-14-2011 11:09 PM
    I can see all of those things happening to me in the future. But first, a Macbook...
    I thought about it, after my iBook died, but my iPad works amazingly well for what I need.

Mistress of Mischief
    10-14-2011 11:10 PM
    I got mine from Walmart today. There was no one there and they had tons. I guess people in this area forgot that Walmart sold the iPhone. There were long lines outside the AT&T and Verizon stores just across the street.
    10-14-2011 11:16 PM
    Sprint iphone is working like a dream
    mobile79 likes this.
    10-15-2011 12:13 AM
    Sprint iphone is working like a dream
    Excellent news. I'll be home from work at 2am and will be ripping into mine; mine was delivered about a half hour AFTER I left for work. Can't wait.
    10-15-2011 12:15 AM
    Anyone having trouble getting it to connect to 3G? Mine is showing a little circle next to the carrier name (sprint) instead of 3G.
    10-15-2011 12:27 AM
    Anyone having trouble getting it to connect to 3G? Mine is showing a little circle next to the carrier name (sprint) instead of 3G.
    No, I haven't seen anything like that. I've got signal bars on one side and my wifi bars, or 3G on the other.

Mistress of Mischief
    10-15-2011 12:40 AM
    Grrr...thankfully i'm going to the sprint store tomorrow anyway to port my number over.
    10-15-2011 12:46 AM
126 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD